Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much is a gpz7000 really worth?

+22
matelot
rc62burke
Jay Gold
Jack outwest
Inhere
G.B.
Canned Heat
ruffles
Basada
tricky 1
The Sodd
goldnomad
slimpickens
deutran
kon61
thegoldman24
freshwater
llanbric
goldquest
Reno Chris
alchemist
GPZhunter
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty Bad Remarks

Post  Basada Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Well said Jen. I liked your post. Getting back to the thread and question. My answer to this is "Its Weight In Gold" and then some. Sure we would like some more coils and less weight. All in All a great detector far more superior than anything Minelab have made before.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is a gpz7000 really worth?

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Basada wrote:Well said Jen. I liked your post. Getting back to the thread and question. My answer to this is "Its Weight In Gold" and then some. Sure we would like some more coils and less weight. All in All a great detector far more superior than anything Minelab have made before.

Hi Basada
Whilst I agree that this detector seems to be performing very well & picking up where the others have left behind & from first hand experience it is getting "Gold" that would seem to be out of reach of the GPX ( I say seems due to not cross checking but knowing others have been over the general area).
Saying far more superior, is a broad statement, when you consider it only has one coil ATM therefore the GPX could be stated as far more superior due to its versatility, I am only saying this to balance the discussion, we all know that a 14" coil is not always the most practical nor suitable & as you have stated you would like some better options.

I think that balance to these discussions is important due to many folks looking at these threads to help to decide whether to make the investment, Good & Bad should be discussed.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is a gpz7000 really worth?

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi Lee

We have found the coil on the gpz7000 to be three in one.
It does what a 8 inch coil can do, ping those annoying shotty pellets, and tiny gold 
 ( which my sdc2300 does) Laughing

Then it also is the 14 inch gets the small gold and bigger deeper gold at a depth
Then also in the right settings, with the same coil punches down even deeper like an 18 inch, maybe better.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi Lee

It does what a 8 inch coil can do, ping those annoying shotty pellets, and tiny gold 

Then it also is the 14 inch gets the small gold and bigger deeper gold at a depth
Then also in the right settings, with the same coil punches down even deeper like an 18 inch, maybe better.

Hi Jen
Yes I am a firm believer in the versatility of the GPZ14" coil, but what I was more getting at is the restriction on coil size that the terrain plays, if there are lots of 4" to 6" rocks on the surface you may not be able to get the coil close to the ground consistently enough & this is where a smaller coil is valuable, short of raking the whole area.
I hope that makes more sense, not being negative I can't wait till I get out & swing a GPZ for myself over old patches then onto new "Virgin" ground.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

I agree with you Basada. we have just come in from 3 mornings with the new detectors for 18.7 grams in 24 pieces including nuggets and specimens over familiar ground. where they were found and the depth they were found at has surprised me but it is very early days yet and it needs a lot more time on the ground before I feel as comfortable with it as I am with the 5000.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:32 pm

rc62burke wrote:
Jen58 wrote:Hi Lee

Hi Jen
Yes I am a firm believer in the versatility of the GPZ14" coil, but what I was more getting at is the restriction on coil size that the terrain plays, if there are lots of 4" to 6" rocks on the surface you may not be able to get the coil close to the ground consistently enough & this is where a smaller coil is valuable, short of raking the whole area.
I hope that makes more sense, not being negative I can't wait till I get out & swing a GPZ for myself over old patches then onto new "Virgin" ground.
Ok.. I get what you mean..  And I know you aren't being Negative. 

Some that I have talked to say they would like a smaller coil so they can get it into places where a 14 inch won't fit.  
Like you say in around the rocky places, in amongst the trees ( whip sticky bushes ) where it's hard with a larger coil. Some places we go it can be a jungle!
Then some want a larger coil.. To use on the open flat areas.
Here's hoping in time they will make these coils.

Back to top Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty Detecting in rocky areas

Post  Basada Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Try lifting your coil a bit higher off the ground. The 7000 has that much better penetration than other detectors that you will still hear those targets. Also try this if the ground becomes a bit noisy before changing settings. I hope they come out with a elliptical coil for the 7000.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty What ever we will pay

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:18 pm

What are they worth,its a simple formula.What ever we will pay.If you took them apart and scrapped them for electronics you would probably recoup a couple of hundred bucks if that.Its what they do is what we pay for.If any of the other big manufactures brought out the same they would sell for under $2000.Millions of dollars in R&D,get real.I have a GPX5000 it works well,it has less electronics than my Laptop (but my laptop cant find gold)Because Minelab build superior detectors for gold with little or no opposition we pay dearly for them.The 8000 is already on the drawing board,a change or frequencies and timings and "Voila".Its time we got real.
Cheers Dig

Last edited by Dig24crt on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Now the part of interchangeable coils.This is going to be very interesting.Considering the GPZs 14 inch coil has been designed with the sensitivity of the SDC 2300 and the power of an 18 inch plus mono coil on the 5000,what would be the purpose of making a smaller coil such that of a 10 or 8 inch round in diameter?
For what size/type of gold,flower gold? In the case of the GPZ,the only advantage of having a smaller coil,will be manoeuvrability as well as lightness. Now an 18 or 20 inch coil,will be superior in depth on say a three ounce slug of gold,than what the 14 standard coil can achieve,but getting a coil of this size,in this type of coil configuration,whilst keeping the weight to a minimum,will be a challenge.

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Will the dealers still maintain their no trade-in policy when the GPZ 7500 comes out. Most people like to trade up and pay the small difference, but maybe this has all gone out the window now. That's when we'll know what the GPZ7000 is truly worth.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 pm

So slim r u going to buy a 7000 when u sell your gold??? Shocked

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:22 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:So slim r u going to buy a 7000 when u sell your gold??? Shocked

Yes mate, about 3 weeks from ordering one.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Great.Hope u find a biggin. Cool

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Should be an interesting year ahead.

Knitting it's little cover as we speak.

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Minela12
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Ay! Ay!,While you're at it slim,any chance for a pair of booties for me? What a Face

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:29 pm

kon61 wrote:Ay! Ay!, While you're at it slim, any chance for a pair of booties for me? What a Face

Cheers Kon.

Ha! Get in the queue Kon, you know, the far one. Razz

Ahhh, another bit finished.

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Hands_12
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

Slim you are driving me crazy bro V10

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Minela11

Like this

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Minela12

Now i'm gonna cop it Q10

Last edited by ruffles on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the resized the image)

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

I'm wise to you ruffles. T37   Your in cahoots with that Detrackozi guy aren't you? The other fine maker of Gpzed covers.
You just want me to enlarge the photo so you can pinch the pattern!
I've heard a whisper that he has been trying to make a deluxe knitted cover but can't get the stitching right. He's even named it  "The Detracko-Zeee T Cozeee. How much did he cut you in for? Yeah, well, whatever, it ain't gunna  happen, so bugger off. Q35
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:57 am

I think he is onto us Dave
So i lay low for a while Q41

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Interesting the report Darren Camp gives on the 7000. This guy knows his stuff and so do his mates. Pretty similar to what I reckon about it actually. Check out his recent news letter.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Canned Heat wrote:Interesting the report Darren Camp gives on the 7000. This guy knows his stuff and so do his mates. Pretty similar to what I reckon about it actually. Check out his recent news letter.

Hey Mate
Where do we find it ?????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Canned Heat wrote:Interesting the report Darren Camp gives on the 7000. This guy knows his stuff and so do his mates. Pretty similar to what I reckon about it actually. Check out his recent news letter.
G'day Canned Heat

I know Darren pretty well, but I think its still only early days with a GPZ, IMO.

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:38 pm

His email is... info@goldandrelics.com.au Just ask for his news letter to be sent to yours.
And yeah I agree its early days yet, he says the same but it is interesting all the same.
On a side note I actually broke the gram barrier with mine today with a 1.5 and 4.2 gram bits. Place id never tried before though and I think a GPX would have nailed them anyway. Still, was good to finally blood it on something bigger than tiny bits.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

How much is a gpz7000 really worth? - Page 2 Empty Slim are you really getting one.

Post  Basada Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:27 pm

After reading your Negative posts all over the Forum ie "Cut The Bullsh/t" I cant believe that you now say your going to buy one. Cut the B/S slim. By your posts you hate the detector so why say your going to buy one. I think after all your negativity on this forum if I were a Minelab Dealer I wouldn't sell you one. Maybe that's all the gold your getting using your old detector. like your user name Slimpickens. Maybe if you do get a zed you will be able to change your user name to Eldorado. Very Happy

Last edited by Basada on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

[quote="Basada"]After reading your Negative posts all over the Forum ie "Cut The Bullsh/t" I cant believe that you now say your going to buy one. Cut the B/S slim. By your posts you hate the detector so why say your going to buy one. I think after all your negativity on this forum if I were a Minelab Dealer I wouldn't sell you one. Maybe that's all the gold your getting using your old detector. like your user name Slimpickens. Maybe if you do get a zed you will be able to change your user name to Eldorado. Very Happy[/quote]

Well said Basada, changing name will not be the first time.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:43 pm

goldquest wrote:
Basada wrote:After reading your Negative posts all over the Forum ie "Cut The Bullsh/t" I cant believe that you now say your going to buy one. Cut the B/S slim. By your posts you hate the detector so why say your going to buy one. I think after all your negativity on this forum if I were a Minelab Dealer I wouldn't sell you one. Maybe that's all the gold your getting using your old detector. like your user name Slimpickens. Maybe if you do get a zed you will be able to change your user name to Eldorado. Very Happy

Whether he has a name change or not Slim has been on the forum for quite awhile now and l enjoy reading his post whether they be negative, humorous or informative and over the years has backed his claims with his finds.

l also reckon he pushes his own wheelbarrow. Whose barrow have you been pushing Basada.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

goldquest wrote:.

Goldquest, i thought about excusing you for saying that i've hidden or posted on here under other names other than shiraz or slimpickens, because of the euphoria you must be going through after finding those 2 nugglets worth about $13.80 with your $10700 detector, but I can't. So either put up my other alleged names or shut the hell up and apoligise.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 am

That's the spirit slim.Everyone seems to have an agenda nowadays.l also was shocked you wanted to buy a 7000 slim./why have you done a 180?

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkear Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

I think all the whinging about the price of the new GPZ is quite unbecoming and to me sounds like a lot of immature children whinging because mummy Minelab didn’t give them a “lolly” for nothing. So it’s dear but that is what it costs to develop new stuff and not just retinkering and refining old technology. People I talked to at Minelab 5 years ago when the 5000 came out made no secret of the fact that the 5000 had been taken to almost the limits of its technology and that anything better would have to be something with significantly different technology. Read into that expensive to develop and a long time in the making. Well here it is 5 years later and significantly dearer - well what’s different to what we expected 5 years ago. The GPZ is a serious bit of new technology and will stand or fall on its performance. So I think we should be men and either shut up or put our money where our mouths are. I for one have never been disappointed any of Minelabs GP machines and if you haven’t found enough gold with your 5000 to pay for the new GPZ, you haven’t been trying hard or detecting well enough to justify having one.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:36 am

hawkear wrote:I think all the whinging about the price of the new GPZ is quite unbecoming and to me sounds like a lot of immature children whinging because mummy Minelab didn’t give them a “lolly” for nothing. So it’s dear but that is what it costs to develop new stuff and not just retinkering and refining old technology. People I talked to at Minelab 5 years ago when the 5000 came out made no secret of the fact that the 5000 had been taken to almost the limits of its technology and that anything better would have to be something with significantly different technology. Read into that expensive to develop and a long time in the making. Well here it is 5 years later and significantly dearer - well what’s different to what we expected 5 years ago. The GPZ is a serious bit of new technology and will stand or fall on its performance.  So I think we should be men and either shut up or put our money where our mouths are.  I for one have never been disappointed any of Minelabs GP machines and if you haven’t found enough gold with your 5000 to pay for the new GPZ, you haven’t been trying hard or detecting well enough to justify having one.

One thing that is really getting on my goat is all these new poster coming to this forum for whatever reason & then proceeding to tell us not to have an opinion & to "Suck it up Princess" type comments.

I am especially sick of the comment at the bottom in BOLD.
There are many folks here that are long time members that for what ever reason do not get out as much as they would like or find gold as regularly as they would like.

There is a lot more that goes into the decision making process to spend a substantial amount on a new detector, there are claims of huge improvements in depth with very little proof ( I know minelab produce great detectors), many folks here & elsewhere would love to upgrade without second thought, but that needs to justified in many ways for most eg how many trips do you do, how many old patches could you rework, how will the Wife accept the outlay? there are many more things that one can spend $10000+ on like repairs around the home, a family holiday.

So for you newcomers to this site to question folks because they have to think really hard to upgrade or just can't justify the cost, really stinks IMHO & you should take a good hard look at yourselves.
I don't own a GPX, I still use an SD2200d & an SDC2300 I have found enough Gold to pay for the upgrade but, I can't justify it with a young family & house renovations etc ATM I can't justify an upgrade to even a GPX I am certainly not outlaying $10000, to me it is overpriced and I am entitled to that opinion & do not appreciate that right being questioned.

As far as Slimpickings goes, I would suggest if he is getting a GPZ that he has seen enough to enable him to upgrade & fundamentally isn't that what this forum is here for to provide information.

To the established members here, go and get "Gold' with whatever you have & enjoy doing it & pull these "blow ins" into line, for their lack of respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next