Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All hail the mighty Zed!!!!

+35
Canned Heat
G.B.
DTE
Jims Gold
rc62burke
goldquest
Aurumick
Inhere
gullyhunter
Doofus
The Sodd
CostasDee
AUoptimist
Jack outwest
spinna
chrisso79
GemQ
kon61
kevlorraine2
big fella
quadangle
Narrawa
GPZhunter
Mre
spinifex
goldchaser
IGotBigNuggets
thegoldman24
AraratGold
ttrash
Martin R
slimpickens
avon g
PaddyWack
Troopy
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: All hail the mighty Zed!!!!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Ok back from a test of zed. Background of the chosen area was very mineralised ground where I recently got a patch of over 4 ozs of small gold 2 weeks ago using the 5000 coupled to a 11" mono and 16" mono
The zed was set up in high yield/ difficult with auto gb and sensitivity on 9. It struggled terribly with sensitivity higher or using high yield/normal in fact it was outta control.
The downside what I saw was very limited control of the detector with the few functions you get. The plus was that it slaughtered the 5000.
16 Nuggets found by zed that were cross checked with the 5. Yeah the 5 picked up a few easilly with the 11" coil by rubbing on it on the ground but there were a number that the 5 didn't see or with even rubbing coil on the ground and wouldn't provide any decent response. That's about as far as we got. We going back tomorrow again. The nuggets weighed in at 6 grams total. Not bad considering we were stuffing around a bit.
So yeah it's ok I spose

Good honest report mate. It sounds like you had it on much worse ground than me, it ran quite easily where we were. Hence no gold on our first day because the other detectors could handle the ground.

You say "the downside" is limited control, this can be a plus for some and a minus for others I guess, disregarding the map and GPS side of things, some may find that useful, I never turned it on, and maybe never will. The others settings mimic fairly well the timings of the 5000 with a bit more grunt in some I reckon, that's my take on it so far.

Besides you got gold on your first test run that's gotta be good ay. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Yeah Dave I was pretty impressed and I'm a hard man to please. Hopefully more testing tomorrow and will work out a few things. It felt like you can go from getting it reasonably stable and with a few little adjustments zed went crazy. It was very very hot ground.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:35 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Yeah Dave I was pretty impressed and I'm a hard man to please. Hopefully more testing tomorrow and will work out a few things. It felt like you can go from getting it reasonably stable and with a few little adjustments zed went crazy. It was very very hot ground.

There is audio smoothing which you could try it does work a bit like the stabiliser, with the audio smoothing turned off would be like running higher numbers on the 5000 stabiliser and audio smoothing on low would be similar to FP on the 5000 and audio smoothing high would be like running low numbers on the 5000 stabiliser.

I could run it with the audio smoothing off and it was reasonably good and with it on low it was very good.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah mate we tried audio smoothing in low and tested over a signal. Response diminished so we left it off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:41 pm

I got a photo of the big haul lol but dunno how to post pics and only have phone

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Used_t10

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Ok back from a test of zed. Background of the chosen area was very mineralised ground where I recently got a patch of over 4 ozs of small gold 2 weeks ago using the 5000 coupled to a 11" mono and 16" mono
The zed was set up in high yield/ difficult with auto gb and sensitivity on 9. It struggled terribly with sensitivity higher or using high yield/normal in fact it was outta control.
The downside what I saw was very limited control of the detector with the few functions you get. The plus was that it slaughtered the 5000.
16 Nuggets found by zed that were cross checked with the 5. Yeah the 5 picked up a few easilly with the 11" coil by rubbing on it on the ground but there were a number that the 5 didn't see or with even rubbing coil on the ground and wouldn't provide any decent response. That's about as far as we got. We going back tomorrow again. The nuggets weighed in at 6 grams total. Not bad considering we were stuffing around a bit.
So yeah it's ok I spose

Cheers newbie,great stuff,balls an all,i see dave asked about the audio smoothing,what did you run the volume at?
Any depth on the bits you got?
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Yeah mate we tried audio smoothing in low and tested over a signal. Response diminished so we left it off.

Yes we found the same thing.

There are 2 volume settings a bit like the 5000, one is volume limit, we had on 10, and the other is volume which just increases the volume to the module, we had it on 10 also. Both go from 1 to 20 same as the 5000.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Empty All hail the mighty Zed!!!!

Post  quadangle Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 pm

You don't need a SDC, you don't need a GPX 5000 you need a GPZ.
Steve.

quadangle
quadangle
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:16 pm

To be honest I remeber only one volume function we had it on 13. We pretty much fired it up and got a nugget in 5 min. The depth wasn't massive but i did miss the gold with the 5. Maybe sdc could've got em? I dunno but.
Tomorrow we re gridding the spot and very confident of getting a few more. Zed sounded erratic at times but the target responses were very audible sorta like two responses when sweeping over target. The other thing I noticed was how close you can get between a 5 and zed. Very close with little interference.

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm

quadangle wrote:You don't need a SDC, you don't need a GPX 5000 you need a GPZ.
Steve.

thanks Steve that's the report we need cant wait to get mine
Regards Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:23 pm

One volume setting is on the first screen picture of a speaker btm right, the other volume limit picture of a speaker is on the detect plus screen top right.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Cheers Dave I'll read the manual thoroughly tonight. We were having fun getting gold today ha. You get the pic?

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Cheers newbie, thanks for the feedback....
Go hard tomorrow dude! Very Happy
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Cheers Dave I'll read the manual thoroughly tonight. We were having fun getting gold today ha. You get the pic?

yep done go back up to the above post and you will see it, well done mate, good stuff.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Cheers guys

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:38 pm

good one usterB, did you think to try the zed in severe? if so, was it quieter, and did you get any depth? ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Good on ya Jase. Much appreciate your feedback on the 7000.

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Yep, that the sort of post we are looking for, an improvement on the 5000, good stuff. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm

G'day, 28 more today before it got too hot. tried one thing today only and that was to re try audio smoothing on low but lifting sensitivity up from 9 to 15. We tried this over a target and was a far better target response so settled on that. We re detected a little area where we got bits yesterday and picked up at least 6 more nuggets. So it def made a big difference.
Zed did run a bit erratic but target response was very clear. We got a .08 at 8 inches easily in extremely hot ground.
We could have run zed very stable but what's the point? I killed it with the 5 so needed a bit more outta zed.
Anyway that's it from me I'm sure you'll get plenty more feedback from others. Good luck out there.
Kon are you the fella I met out bush in wa?

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Utbn_g10

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add picture for UTBN)

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:58 pm

used to be newbie wrote:G'day, 28 more today before it got too hot. tried one thing today only and that was to re try audio smoothing on low but lifting sensitivity up from 9 to 15. We tried this over a target and was a far better target response so settled on that. We re detected a little area where we got bits yesterday and picked up at least 6 more nuggets. So it def made a big difference.
Zed did run a bit erratic but target response was very clear. We got a .08 at 8 inches easily in extremely hot ground.
We could have run zed very stable but what's the point? I killed it with the 5 so needed a bit more outta zed.
Anyway that's it from me I'm sure you'll get plenty more feedback from others. Good luck out there.

Well done newbie,keeping ya busy by the sounds,i'll try that audio and gain up next week-thanks.
Now go dig some more gold.....
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:43 pm

used to be newbie wrote:G'day, 28 more today before it got too hot. tried one thing today only and that was to re try audio smoothing on low but lifting sensitivity up from 9 to 15. We tried this over a target and was a far better target response so settled on that. We re detected a little area where we got bits yesterday and picked up at least 6 more nuggets. So it def made a big difference.

Good stuff mate, your getting the hang of it real quick now.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:55 pm

used to be newbie wrote:Yeah Dave I was pretty impressed and I'm a hard man to please. Hopefully more testing tomorrow and will work out a few things. It felt like you can go from getting it reasonably stable and with a few little adjustments zed went crazy. It was very very hot ground.

Well I'm impressed with your efforts Newbie. Q36
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Great feedback mate, looking forward to seeing a few more 7000s in action in a couple of weeks time.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Empty 7000 manual

Post  chrisso79 Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi guys,
Now you are getting me interested..
Can anybody direct me to a 7000 manual link to download?
Regards
Chrisso. ( there may still be a couple of nuggets in my local stamping grounds at Stawell)

chrisso79
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 pm

chrisso79 wrote:Hi guys,
Now you are getting me interested..
Can anybody direct me to a 7000 manual link to download?
Regards
Chrisso. ( there may still be a couple of nuggets in my local stamping grounds at Stawell)

The manual is on the Minelab web site. The 2nd one in the list is English.
http://www.minelab.com/aus/products/gold-detectors/gpz-7000?view=downloads

Bit of interesting reading in this link if you haven't seen it yet
http://www.minelab.com/aus/products/gold-detectors/gpz-7000

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 3 Empty all hail the mighty Zed

Post  chrisso79 Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Appreciate your response Dave; have the manual now ( English version)
Having used a Minelab E Trak before is helpful, as control panel procedure somewhat similar ( tick to confirm etc)
One question ; With the Quick Start step 5 (quick-trak ) ground balancing, do you just pump the trigger with index finger once, or do you need to hold the trigger in for a few seconds whilst ground balancing?
Regards
Chrisso.

chrisso79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi chrisso79

When ground balancing you hold the button in/on and sweep (not pump like previous models) the detector and when ground balanced, a tick will appear on screen.
Very simple operation.
Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisso79 Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Thanks Spinna
Managed to snare myself a 7000 yesterday
Just trying the quicktrak at present.
Found 5 small nuggets out Stawell way from 0.20 gram to 1.13 gram
Depth was an unbelievable 2 to 4 inches..
Bit peeved, as a mate found a 39 grammer at 17 inches on this patch..
Anyway, not complaining, as total weight of the 5 was 3.04 grams..
Screen hard to see in the sunlight whilst going through the 5 steps of Quiktrak..
Presume you will tell me the Backlight might help?

Regards
Chrisso..

chrisso79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 pm

spinna wrote:Hi chrisso79

When ground balancing you hold the button in/on and sweep (not pump like previous models) the detector and when ground balanced, a tick will appear on screen.
Very simple operation.
Cheers   spinna

You can hold the button in and pump the coil up and down like previous models, or sweep sideways, either way works, sweeping side to side takes a bit more of an average of the ground, and pumping up and down just balances to that bit, which I find ok for near a target to get a good balance on the ground very close to the target.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisso79 Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Rightho Dave thanks for your response..
Useing Quicktrak only, I did hear 5 hot rocks which were on top of the ground or partially buried ( no hot clay domes thank goodness)
Assuming I was in hot ground, is there a way to eliminate the hotties?
Regards
Chrisso.

chrisso79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next