Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All hail the mighty Zed!!!!

+35
Canned Heat
G.B.
DTE
Jims Gold
rc62burke
goldquest
Aurumick
Inhere
gullyhunter
Doofus
The Sodd
CostasDee
AUoptimist
Jack outwest
spinna
chrisso79
GemQ
kon61
kevlorraine2
big fella
quadangle
Narrawa
GPZhunter
Mre
spinifex
goldchaser
IGotBigNuggets
thegoldman24
AraratGold
ttrash
Martin R
slimpickens
avon g
PaddyWack
Troopy
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: All hail the mighty Zed!!!!

Post  Doofus Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I watched that this morning. How it actually compares to a salt lake will be extremely interesting.
Here's hoping some of the WA people try it with the 7000, it would open up the whole game and revolutionize detecting with this new machine.
I can feel my bank account getting lighter every day Razz

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 pm

G'day Dave,

Looked like it did handle the salt water OK, but I did notice he didn't quite have it ground balanced properly at one stage. It did seem to handle the wet salty sand though and would have liked to see a GPX on there and listened to it then I would know how much salt effect there would have been. We will try the GPZ on a salt lake when we are back in WA this year.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Basada wrote:Read your posts. My question to all of you is why did the 5000's leave the gold in the ground? Went out today got 20 pieces for 12 grams on a hammered patch. You can do your air test and the rest. At the end of the day the question is still there to be answered. The truth is the new technology found in the 7000.

Or maybe you didn't do a very good job of detecting the patch before you moved on last time T10
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:45 am

Iv seen enough real good nuggets get found in "hammered" patches to convince me that not all are products of new technology.
I once had a spot that I had "hammered" about a dozen times. Stopped there once on the way back from another place as id come up with nothing for the day. Small area, little rich run that had given up several ounces to me as well as plenty to others. Right where Id walked over a dozen times I get a dipping signal, 3 oz nugget at a foot deep. Sometimes its the day, all things coming into line, the right atmospherics, right temperature, right ground moisture, right everything.
What about the nugget of several ounces found a few years back on one of the Coiltek training sites? How many had been over that bit of ground? Hundreds. I know of a 20 ounce bit that was found in a ridiculously hammered spot at Goldsborough about 5 yrs ago. Imagine if at the time they were found with a new released machine?
Not bagging the 7000 in saying that, iv got one and am not getting rid of it, but "hammered" doesn't mean nothing left or that the new or latest machine was the reason.
Good on them though for that find, a grin maker for sure.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Wantmoregold Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 am

Canned Heat wrote: but "hammered" doesn't mean nothing left or that the new or latest machine was the reason.

Absolutely agree and well said Canned Heat.

WMG

Wantmoregold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

All hail the mighty Zed!!!! - Page 6 Empty You would go hungry with a 5000

Post  Basada Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm

After flogging these patches with every detector available 2300 included. The patches started to produce when using the 7000. Food for thought non believers. There seems to be so much negativity on this forum.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:53 pm

You are absolutely right Canned Heat, a lot of gold is still being found on so called hammered patches using 5ks especially by prospectors who have well and truly mastered their machines. Just last season alone I saw many ounces pulled out from old patches including a 10 ouncer.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

One thought that has crossed my mind is this. How many people worked patches with elliptical coils on their previous machine? Then have gone back with the 7 and found gold they couldn't hear. Iv seen some average results from elliptical coils vs rounds over the years, enough to make me not want to use them bar areas where swinging a round is a problem. All my coils on my 5000 were rounds. All the top operators I know, not that I know everyone, use rounds. Im not saying elliptical coils are altogether useless or worthless but id take a round over an elliptical any day. Im still just getting sub gram bits with my 7000 on my old spots and am not even digging any deep junk. I went back to a good specie patch today, in virgin ground, a patch I found a number of years back. The first time I hit it my pockets were so heavy they kept puling my pants down, not that I complained about that for one second. The ground goes from just several inches deep near the top of the hill to who knows how many feet near the bottom. I got not 1 signal. Ok, there could just be no gold left there to detect, who knows. But patch after patch I hit that had good gold form various depths are just turning up subies. Im getting more and more convinced that a 5000 using various good round coils did the major damage. I still think this machine, the 7000, is ok but im getting to get a grip on the advertising. Tested against a 5000 with an 11" mono, sure it'll do some things, but it aint doing much against one that ran 18" NF rounds in the Triangle. Maybe with some good aftermarket coils later on, but right now its not setting my world on fire. It all very well showing vids of 7 vs 5 with a 5 running a piddly 11" coil or an elliptical coil whilst the 7 uses its optimised 14, but those are not the optimum coils for the 5 to get the best bang out of it. Some say but its fair to compare it with a coil like that. No its not, maybe technically it might be but we have an array of coils available for the 5000 and we are being told this is better. Better than a 5000 with that array of excellent coils? Perhaps not so much when that is taken into account.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  coreytroy Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 am

As a potential 7000 purchaser, and a look through the user manual, it appears to not have a coil type selector as with the GP/GPX detectors.
So I assume when coil options are released, they will be Super-Mono's and will not require any different settings to use.
Making all those expensive round mono's used on the GPX's not compatible for use on the GPZ also.

coreytroy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

coreytroy wrote:As a potential 7000 purchaser, and a look through the user manual, it appears to not have a coil type selector as with the GP/GPX detectors.
So I assume when coil options are released, they will be Super-Mono's and will not require any different settings to use.
Making all those expensive round mono's used on the GPX's not compatible for use on the GPZ also.

None of the coils for SD GP or GPX will work on the GPZ, it's a different system and the GPZ coil won't work on the old machines either.

If and when more coils are released for the GPZ they will work on it and not the old machines either

At this stage the 7000 is a one coil only machine and that is the DOD 14" super D coil that it comes with.

You as a potential purchaser has to weight all this up and decide for yourself.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6