Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COIL SELLERS ON EBAY BEWARE

+5
goinbush
detecta2
TenOzTed
gollstar
nero_design
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

COIL SELLERS ON EBAY BEWARE - Page 2 Empty Re: COIL SELLERS ON EBAY BEWARE

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:38 am

Gday

Just had a look at the coils listed on ebay and it seems the price on the majority of them are lower than they were last week, I still think it was a scam and these reptiles that were scamming everyone were pumping up the prices so that they could ask more for them at their end, (fetching $9000 a piece)

I heard a couple of new things about all this and one person said that they had sold a coil to a bloke and he pulled out of the deal as he was called by his African counterparts and told that they didnt want that type of coil now so he didnt want to buy it, left them stuck with it after messing them about for days with the payment.

Another bloke said that the buyer wanted him to post it for free, when he said he wouldnt, the buyer/bidder then told him that he had five seperate ebay accounts so he couldnt win, so he should sell it to him and post it for free, or something like that.

Lots of crap going on with it but hopefully all the rats have left the ship by now, but unfortunately for sellers they have lost sales and money for their time and listing fees etc.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 am

Those 15x12" Commander Monos are reportedly being sold for up to $6,000 on the final end of their journey. The solution of course would be to just sell via the 'Buy It Now' feature on Ebay which will ensure the buyer has to pay immediately. This completely cuts out all that misbehavior in between. There's no scamming (other than the incident you reported concerning blackmail for lower prices), just people trying to get top dollar for the coils and devices that are in highest demand.

If people don't want to pay inflated prices, then they can wait a few weeks/months in which case the coils will become available again. These inflated prices are a mixture of sellers who may not understand which coils are in demand (although they've caught on recently and stopped trying to sell DD coils at the high prices) PLUS a mixture of middle-men who have instructions to get the coils at any costs as long as they get them ASAP. It'll all die down in a few weeks.

Cheers,

M
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am

So the NF 24 x12's are in demand are they Marco?

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:28 am

Without the Commanders, the 24x12 NFA is the second-most popular coil on the African market today... You may notice all the NF coils disappeared about a week ago from Ebay as I believe BG sold all theirs to a single buyer. If I don't sell mine, I have a plan to use it in Spring so I'm not too fussed either way. Again, things should return to normal as soon as supplies are not as scarce as they are now.

Cheers,

M
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:41 pm

UPDATE: The 18x12 Coiltek coils are also a very hot and in-demand coil at the moment but strangely don't seem to be drawing as much interest online (ie: on Ebay) as I would expect.

Cheers,

M
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 pm

I wonder how long before the Chinese make a minelab coil. Not long I suspect.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

COIL SELLERS ON EBAY BEWARE - Page 2 Empty ebay sellers beware

Post  evan2010 Mon May 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Both my uncle and myself recently sold our 15x12 DD commander coils on ebay to the one buyer from the US for a tidy profit. The only problem we encountered was when the buyer sent payment via paypal, they temporarily froze my account due to Federal anti money Laundering laws. The problem was resolved once I proved my Identity to Paypal's US Office. Having said that, during the actual auction of the coils I was warned from another Ebay user that there was somebody trying to blackmail sellers of such coils and also to be on the lookout for a serial bidder with the id of 4**9.
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 pm

I have been jerked around to know end.

They buy but don't pay....

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

COIL SELLERS ON EBAY BEWARE - Page 2 Empty Im Selling Coils

Post  coilsellers Tue May 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Guys Im selling Coils Monoloop and Coiltek pm me....

coilsellers

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Thats funny coilsellers. I sold a Nugget Finder coil to a Hong Kongese person just today.

To be honest with you, I really think you may have a hard time selling coils to Australians.
Especially ones to suit Minelab detectors.
You may have to give away a few free ones for testing first, to gain some reputation.
You may even have to pay someone for their time to test them....

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2