Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garmin Montana 650T

3 posters

Go down

Garmin Montana 650T Empty Garmin Montana 650T

Post  AUoptimist Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Fellow detectorists,
I have just ordered a Garmin Montana 650T GPS and was wondering if any forum members are working with this GPS and could give me a few clues on any handy tips on using this machine.
Looking at the documentation/manuals it should be fairly straight forward exercise to set the unit up; when it actually comes time to work with the unit could be a different story, hence the request.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Garmin Montana 650T Empty Re: Garmin Montana 650T

Post  mullockgrubber Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:51 pm

I have the 450t which is a great little unit but the Montana is even better. Basically these work well out of the box, set my Backlight timeout to 2 mins and the correct battery type in setup and think that is about it. At least what I can remember.

The touch screen is a dream to use although I find it convienent to carry a biro pen as a pointer particulary when making up names for waypoints, tracks etc.

The "Share Wirelessly" file sharing function between compatible units is really handy at times.

Good luck with your new GPS.

Last edited by mullockgrubber on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Garmin Montana 650T Empty Garmin 650T

Post  fishface Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi AUoptimist,  If you still have the Garmin 650T could you please tell me if it has GDA94 coordinate format on it? The Oregon units do, but I am unable to find out about the Montana 650T, I rang Garmin.....they didn't know.....great salespeople!!!......with thanks .....fishface

fishface
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Garmin Montana 650T Empty Re: Garmin Montana 650T

Post  AUoptimist Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 am

Hi Fishface,
I put up a reply to your Friday post yesterday.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down