Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

garmin 60 entering a waypoint

3 posters

Go down

garmin 60 entering a waypoint Empty garmin 60 entering a waypoint

Post  hamr Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 pm

hello members, does anyone else own a garmin 60? i do and for the life of me cant work out how to manually enter a waypoint using co;ordinates only ie a waypoint that is not where i am. hope to hear from someone as i have wasted enough time on this,next step _a better gps regards Hamr

hamr
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

garmin 60 entering a waypoint Empty Re: garmin 60 entering a waypoint

Post  rarebreed Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:30 pm

I have the Garmin 62S and what i do is hit my mark button, i then use he arrow pad to scroll to the co-ord box and click enter, you can then edit the co-ords to what ever you like.
Other wise you should be able to do it under "waypoint manager", if you hit the Menu key once under the waypoint manager it should allow you to add a new waypoint.

This is of course the 60 is anything like the 62s, but i assume it would not be much different from garmin to garmin models Smile

Cheers hope it helps
rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

garmin 60 entering a waypoint Empty Way piont

Post  detector Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 pm

To create a way piont with the map panning arrow.
on the map page press the rocker key to activate and move the map panning arrow to the place you want to save the waypiont

Press enter to mark a waypiont,if there is no map imformation at that piont a message appears do you want to create a user waypiont here highlight yes and press enter again

The waypiont imformation page appears change the name and waypiont symbol if you wish then select map to view the waypiont on the mapor select gototo navagateto the waypiont.
hope this helps
shane Smile
detector
detector
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

garmin 60 entering a waypoint Empty garmin 60 and waypoints.

Post  hamr Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

yes! thankyou very much for the replies. much obliged. hamr

hamr
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down