Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic Coronavirus

+31
Ivan N
madtuna
planetcare
Mechanic
keogh
4rd
hapalogh
G.B.
hoolahoopa
TuronYellowFever
nero_design
Slavitoooo
Nightjar
philip.j.thompson
Axtyr
bowenboi
moredeep
rowdy
hugh62
Reg Wilson
Alan WA
pablop
Redfin
Kon61gold
mbasko
byronbinalong
granite2
gold bug sniper
boobook
Travelergold
adrian ss
35 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Topic Coronavirus

Post  TuronYellowFever Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:42 pm

Nero...cool story bro Laughing Laughing

ps...Vitamin C will NOT boost your immunity against Covid-19

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:07 am

Maybe someone has already posted this, however?
Why hasn't it been breaking news that QLD medical has discovered that they have test tube developed a means to destroy this virus?
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:25 am

Because that won't keep us all depressed and freaking out about the the wirld

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:15 am

Kon61gold wrote:Slavi, it were only a matter of time before the mass buyers/storers of toilet paper realised, that they need to put something in their bellies first, in order to have use of the toilet paper later. Q35  Now they're cleaning the shelves of all meat. Shocked Q35 Actually this ain't no laughing matter, I might have to go past my local butcher first thing in the morning & see whats left. Q35
Funny you should mention being put on antibiotics for a flue virus Adrian, when all the medical profession have said that penicillin doesn't work on virus's, but bacteria. Even the shots or flue vacine is only good for 3 to four strands of certain type virus, but useless on the corona virus.
Respect for one another is taught at home & has to be earned, but shame that it is lost with every passing generation.

Cheers Kon. T25

HI Kon,
The Doc gave me the antibiotic because I also had a chest infection. which cleared up in about 8 days. The flu like symptoms continued for a few weeks.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am

Ultraviolet light will kill flu virus and other virus.
      So install some uv sterilizers in your home but don't bung your hands or body under the sterilizer.
Maybe install room uv lamps so as to kill germs and other nasties in the kitchen and bathroom and toilet while you sleep at night.
     Go out into the sun for a few minutes each day and bathe yourself in uv from the sun...natures great sterilizer.
Hang your washing out in the sun to dry instead of using a clothes dryer. Bugs bacteria and viruses are not killed in a dryer.
Or if you think this is all bs then don't do it.Rolling Eyes

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 am

TuronYellowFever wrote:Nero...cool story bro  Laughing  Laughing

ps...Vitamin C will NOT boost your immunity against Covid-19

Maybe not but it tastes nice and if you believe it will help then maybe it will. Ya just hafta beleeeeive.
It only has to kill the virus. It does not have to boost immunity.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:23 am

yippy ,nude sun baking for everyone Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1864
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:57 pm

In the case of Covid-19 Corona Virus, only vitamin D has shown to boost the immune system, but won't prevent anyone from catching it.
Plenty of sunshine is the key & I dare say us detectorists get plenty of it.
Our economy on the other hand, is sinking further into the abyss. This is what happens when placing all of ones eggs in one basket, relying on China for just about every good/service.

Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Check your Superanuation. Someone I know lost $38,000.00 in value in 3 days.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Many are going to lose a lot more GB with the reserve bank of Australia announcing another cut in interest rates, bringing the interest cut by the reserve, to an all time low of 0.5%. This in turn will affect all people in general, who have invested money in any/all major banking institutions for a return.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:39 pm

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/australian-researchers-within-reach-of-coronavirus-cure-c-746655

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:58 pm

V26 & I hope Its more sooner than later Pete, for at the rate of spread, we don't have 3 more months up our sleeve, before a cure for corona virus becomes available for distribution.

Kon. T25

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Nightjar wrote:T04
Nero, come on, perfect example why the world is what it is today, sensationalism!

Trust me, I didn't exaggerate my examples at all.  The people were simply wandering around coughing everywhere.  Some were clearly extremely ill.  Probably (hopefully) with the flu.

I have an uncle in Canada who just died of SARS in hospital.  He appeared to get better, came out of his induced coma, was sitting up celebrating recovery with his family - and then he was dead three hours later. He was ex Highway Patrol and incredibly fit for his age.  This COVID-19 is a form or SARS.  If it takes you down, you may very well not get up again.

My concern is that nobody cared about how sick they were in Western Sydney this weekend.  They were wandering around individually or in groups of two or three - and they knew we were locking down due to the virus.  Nobody cared.  And with so many people coughing and not covering their faces, what do you think will happen when they have the COVID-19 virus?  Those bad habits are already there.  They will spread this thing like peanut butter on warm toast.  

I'm surprised to see people equating this with the Flu because it's far, far more dangerous.  A smart person can take precautions to avoid catching the flu.  A smart person can't avoid COVID-19.  It contaminates surfaces with a viral load that can last over a week.  It's something like 20 times more transmittable than the flu and it leaves the victims with permanent lung damage... so that when they catch it again (antibodies are a rarity with this virus) you simply can't survive it.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 4 This_s10

This virus destroys kidney tissue and often causes testicular damage in males.  It ruins the vascular system (which is why people were dying from it after being released from hospital).  It's the most contagious virus we've dealt with next to Ebola yet it's far harder to sanitize against due to different viral sizes.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-coronavirus-isn-t-like-the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common

A vaccine is being trialed in Canada (12-18 months before release) and a CURE has been discovered in Australia (6 months to commercial release after testing).  But in the next 6 months to a year, there's going to be a lot of people infected.  Anyone under 60 is likely to become a carrier while infected and anyone over 60 stands a good chance of death if infected.  The regular flu kills 0.1% yet this one officially kills at 3.5% (source: Science Alert).  Over 80?  The death rate was 14.8%.  Got diabetes?  The death rate was 9.6% last time I looked.  Overweight?  9.2%.  That's an ENORMOUS difference.   The Flu is nothing to be ignored but it's harmless compared to this.

Looking at the trade freeze on the stock market today in the US, I see that panic is setting in and there's a short in precious metals at most bullion companies with many refusing to trade.  Some have temporarily closed. I was told that a world-wide recession is unavoidable back in February.  A Depression is possible today.  Perhaps in mid-year.

I have just received word that a Woolworths employee has just been stabbed.  I'm off to find out if this is the case and why it happened.  But society is indeed capable of harming itself.  Especially when a pandemic takes out a large number of the police force etc.  Expect things to go haywire from this week forward.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 4 Screen34
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Not looking good at all & only a matter of time now, before we see the beginning of business closures across the board, & if the Covid-19 keeps multiplying at the rate that it has, a full lock down of individual suburbs/towns or even cities (as we have seen overseas), will commence, with full curfew for its citizens set in place, involving not only police patrol, but if need be, military intervention, in order to keep things civil & under control & to think, we're only half way through sunny March, for our flue season here in Vic & or Sydney (where the masses are), hasn't fully kicked in yet. Shocked  affraid  Q41
Don't anyone be fooled that this virus won't affect you, or have little affect on you, for we are all different health wise & no one knows what devastating affects the Covid-19 virus can have on each & everyone of us. It is a virus that does not discriminate between young, old, rich, poor, race, colour or creed & it has no mercy.  
Nero is right in what he says. People should take this new strand of virus more seriously & do what we can, in order to have it slow down till a cure is made, in the hope of eradicating it.
Take the utmost precautions/care everyone.

Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  TuronYellowFever Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Adrian, will have to disagree regarding vitamin C however I'm sure we can all agree that this is much worse than the seasonal flu. History tells us that in regards to the Spanish Flu of 1918, which was also novel to humans at the time, was originally only deadly to older/sick people (just like Covid-19) in he first year of circulation. It apparently evolved somewhat as it moved across the globe and the "second wave" was the far more deadly wave, targeting mostly young children. Truly frightening times. The economic impact will be huge and the destabilization could very well trigger a major military conflict. Lets hope none of this come to fruition.

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:02 pm

My understanding about Corona virus is ,that it has been around since the 1980's which was just a simple virus. Also a friend of mine found a spray called Lysol which kills a lot of viruses also on the label says kills Corona virus as well as a lot of other viruses including flu virus.

Interesting they stated that Sars virus escaped from a lab in China.
My point being,wuhan wet market is close to a virology lab where they create so called vaccines and was stated they had bats for experiments and some say after experiments they sold bat to the wet markets ,or it escaped from the lab due to not having enough safeguards as other countries have , not sure if true. Others say all of a sudden the Corona virus stepped up a few knotches from being a simple virus to being dangerous and said it could have been bioengineered.  Look at a map of Wuhan also and you can see it is in the centre of many cities in China, Also this happened  before the week long Chinese New Year ,where people can visit relatives or o'seas visitors  are holidaying or working,which would spread the virus more throughout the community and then through out the world.

Just some food for thought

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Hapalogh, I have no doubt that one conspiracy after the other is in the making, or will be pronounced as fact as time goes by, but in reality could be no further from the truth. The where, how & why it cam to be, don't matter now. What does matter is how the world goes about in slowing the spread of it down, or eradicating it all together, before more damage to people & economies of the world occur.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Are there enough face masks in pharmacies in Victoria?
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Face masks will not stop you catching the virus but if you already have the virus they may possibly help in preventing you from transferring it to others when you cough and sneeze....Key words "May Possibly"

My wife and I went to the shops early this morning 7:30 for the seniors only shopping at  Coles. In less than 20 mins before we arrived the paper towels and toilet paper were all gone and we could not purchase more than two frozen vegies packs. It took us 3 days to find a pack of 8 toilet rolls.

On TV this morning PM Scomo reprimanded the population in regards to their panic buying sprees, calling them un Australian greedy and selfish stating also that there is no need at all for any mass bulk buying and to simply shop as per normal.

And now these dull brained morons have started buying up freezers so they can stock in bulk even more than what they have previously been buying.

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm

How can they protect an infected person from infecting others and not protect a healthy person from infection? There is no logic . The virus cannot fly on its own. Always and only with a drop. The droplet is large enough to be retained by a medical face mask. At least I think so.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:11 pm

The healthy non infected mask wearing person is more likely to be infected by contact with the virus from tables, chairs, escalator rails, cups in cafe's.

The infected face mask wearing person is less likely to transfer the virus through droplets from coughing and sneezing but could still infect others by contact after they have handled cups saucers, knives and forks etc.

I guess you have nothing to lose by wearing a face mask although the cheap masks at Bunnings and Coles Aldi etc are near on useless in trapping viruses that are so small an electron microscope is required to make them visible.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:21 pm

When I'm in Australia I also shop from Coles!

In Bulgaria there were a few days of crazy shopping, but they were constantly loaded with all kinds of goods. Yesterday I was in Lidl end Billa and there was no empty shelf. People calmed down a bit. Shopping carts are a big spread of contagion, most people refuse to use them anymore. Only 10 people are allowed in the stores after they shop and go and put a new batch of 10 people in the same way in pharmacies and banks. Employees in all public places must wear masks. Toilet paper has just about everything. Protective masks are a problem. Several Bulgarian factories have focused on the production of protective clothing, face masks and gloves, but there is still a great deal of hunger for them and these factories have huge orders from Europe.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Hopefully the panic is easing, today in Woolies around 1100 hrs there were only about 150 shoppers and several checkouts were empty. We were able to get a few T bones, chicken, mince, frozen veg, bread & fresh milk and a few other items we were getting low on.
We and fellow shoppers in our area are certainly not going to starve.
** No agro, no swearing & no masks or gloves.**

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21 pm

So this is a fact about what is happening here in the Central West of NSW, now that the mad shoppers have cleared the shoping centers on the east coast they are hiring buses and hitting Parkes, Forbes, Orange, and Dubbo, shops. Then heading back home, this is NOT hear say it is happening.

People are buying extra freezers, and hitting the butchers shops and cleaning out the meat taking it home and freezing it.

Scomo says no need to panic buy, well I can tell you there are plenty that are not taking any notice of that advice.

First advice was 14 days, then it became 28 days, well FFS they have now said this is going on for six months minimum now. I have no confidence in what we are being told by media and government info releases.

Just get ready for the SH!T to hit the fan fairly soon.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 pm

n my opinion, protective clothing for workers and production processes should not stop. Here in Bulgaria, some companies divided the workers into 2 shifts. If one is infected, the other shift can support production.
Some 81 people are still infectious here today.

If the production of food and other products interrupt at one point, the shops will never really fill up.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 pm

davsgold wrote:So this is a fact about what is happening here in the Central West of NSW, now that the mad shoppers have cleared the shoping centers on the east coast they are hiring buses and hitting Parkes, Forbes, Orange, and Dubbo, shops.  Then heading back home, this is NOT hear say it is happening.

People are buying extra freezers, and hitting the butchers shops and cleaning out the meat taking it home and freezing it.

Scomo says no need to panic buy, well I can tell you there are plenty that are not taking any notice of that advice.

First advice was 14 days, then it became 28 days, well FFS they have now said this is going on for six months minimum now.  I have no confidence in what we are being told by media and government info releases.

Just get ready for the SH!T to hit the fan fairly soon.

cheers dave

Same thing happening here in Victoria Dave people getting buses from Melbourne and hitting all the supermarkets as far up as St Arnaud. We haven’t been able to get any dunny paper for 2 weeks now. Shocked

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Exactly Mike, the TV and media keep telling us there is enough of everything to go around, well obviously they have not been following the buses around and seeing what is really happening out there in the real world.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm

We can only hope that each country finds a workable solution to the problems caused by the corona virus on the economy, as well as on its people slavi.
By the sound of whats being said on Australian media, including that by our own prime minister, we're in it for the long haul (several months). Lets hope the months don't turn into years.  Shocked  affraid  Here in Australia (as of 18-3-2020), people testing positive for Corona virus so far, stands at over 454 cases & are rising by each passing day.  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Sure happy, we are living where we're living right now!
Of course the media are grabbing any of the very few supporting incidents (the agro etc etc) and feeding the public and overlooking the big picture, the majority peace and calm.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next