Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic Coronavirus

+31
Ivan N
madtuna
planetcare
Mechanic
keogh
4rd
hapalogh
G.B.
hoolahoopa
TuronYellowFever
nero_design
Slavitoooo
Nightjar
philip.j.thompson
Axtyr
bowenboi
moredeep
rowdy
hugh62
Reg Wilson
Alan WA
pablop
Redfin
Kon61gold
mbasko
byronbinalong
granite2
gold bug sniper
boobook
Travelergold
adrian ss
35 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 5 Empty Re: Off Topic Coronavirus

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:42 am

I agree. The media is terrorising the population with what is bordering on apocalyptic talking.
D Coch and the Sunrise mob are some of the worst offenders. Their speech inflection is always dramatised and they focus on as much bad news as they can.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:57 am

adrian ss wrote:I agree. The media is terrorising the population with what is bordering on apocalyptic talking.
D Coch and the Sunrise mob are some of the worst offenders. Their speech inflection is always dramatised and they focus on as much bad news as they can.

Adrian,
Totally agree, sat down once to watch that program lasted about 5 minutes, never tuned in again and don't watch Ch7 news!
"No news is good news has now become , good news is no news!" Beats me how the news readers can go through the doom and gloom day after day, it must have some effect on their well being?
Sure enjoying Stan & Neflix. cheers Very Happy
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:11 am

Yeah mate, it is times like these when I wish I was back in the Triangle or down in a peaceful gully panning, far far away from all of this BS.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:27 pm

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride Adrian. Priorities.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm

The Australia Reserve Bank has just cut interest rates again, to a record low of 0.25 %. If it keeps going this way, the banks will soon be asking us to pay interest on the storage of ones money. So much for savings, so much for super. Shocked affraid

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:01 pm

May be another conspiracy,Allen Jones talks go to youtube and type in(Orwellian new law to ban cash transactions over $10,000 as the recession worsens.
If interested look at more videos .

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  4rd Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Bill Gates TED Talk 5 Years Ago...(8 minutes)

the guy is a genius and should have been appointed to head the WHO long ago as opposed to the usual career admin academics
4rd
4rd
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Keogh, conspiracy theory is just that, conspiracy theory, without proven facts. It is for this reason I cannot allow the naming of anyone person/s or business for that matter, without proven cause of the offence in question.
As pablop stated & I take it a step further by saying to you that, it is not only you that can get into trouble by what you have said in your post, but the owner of this forum also, for allowing unsubstantiated conspiracy allegations, to continue/proceed, without proven fact.
For this reason I have deleted both posts.

Cheers Gents. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/19/new-zealand-closes-borders-to-foreigners-amid-coronavirus-crisis?fbclid=IwAR1pdzaGHcj8SvQs8hlSopD8uDGAM29MIw61DhClqVgQDXPS5cpRjByH1yg
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Rate of infection spreading, so if 100% less exposure in 30 days there should be 0% infected?
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 5 Rate_o10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm

That pretty much sums it up Dave. Our government will have no choice but to follow in the footsteps of China in order to reduce or stop the rate of spread.
This is where the dilemma of things come to play. If more shut downs/quarantining of business/communities/schools occur, it means further disaster for our economy, but good for the the slowing down of covid-19, in order to have it eradicated. We simply cannot have it both ways. As the corona virus infects more people & spreads, I feel the government will have no choice in the matter, but to take further measures/action, towards the protection of its people, whether they/we like it or not. Shocked

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:55 pm

On the other side of the coin:
With the weak Aussie dollar.
Iron is strong as is BHP and Rio.
Woollies is doing well due to all the panic buying.
Quantas not so flash, so might be a good time to grab some Quantas shares.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

It has been recently announced that NSW & VIC will shut down all non essential activities, as WA, SA, Tasmania & the Northern Territory, close their borders amid the COVID-19 crisis. I other words guarantying all possible Corona virus hot spots, closing them down, in order to slow down the infection rate of COVID-19 with more draconian action on the horizon, taken on a daily basis as need be.
Baton down the hatches people, we're in for some tough times ahead.
On another note, prospecting for gold out bush, is probably one of the safest places to be.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:12 pm

Bulgaria also banned the movement of people between cities. I think that will limit the spread of the virus a lot.

As of yesterday, good news from Italy appeared, but I do not find it in English, so I will put it in Bulgarian and who wants to use Google translator.

95-year-old Italian beat the deadly Covid-19
https://faktor.bg/bg/articles/95-godishna-italianka-otselya-ot-covid-19
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 am

adrian ss wrote:Ultraviolet light will kill flu virus and other virus.
      So install some uv sterilizers in your home but don't bung your hands or body under the sterilizer.
Maybe install room uv lamps so as to kill germs and other nasties in the kitchen and bathroom and toilet while you sleep at night.
     Go out into the sun for a few minutes each day and bathe yourself in uv from the sun...natures great sterilizer.
Hang your washing out in the sun to dry instead of using a clothes dryer. Bugs bacteria and viruses are not killed in a dryer.
Or if you think this is all bs then don't do it.Rolling Eyes

PS.

My gemstone supplier is irradiating all of their gems and incoming and outgoing mail with intense uv light. Kills the virus almost instantly.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:28 am

Kills ones eye site too (macular degeneration) leading cause of blindness, so I hope she/he is taking all precaution to shield his/her eyes from the direct effects of UV on naked eye? Shocked

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:47 am

Kon61gold wrote:
On another note, prospecting for gold out bush, is probably one of the safest places to be.

Cheers Kon.  T25

All non essential travel in Vic is banned. Driving to the goldfields to prospect I doubt can be defined as essential travel.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 pm

l consider going to the goldfields essential travel.Plenty of back roads.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 pm

keogh wrote:l consider going to the goldfields essential travel.Plenty of back roads.
Well that is in my opinion a totally irresponsible attitude!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm

I went out prospecting yesterday. Spoke to no-one, met no-one. No problem. I had no intentions of going into any shops, or talking to anyone. I only waved to 2 other prospectors as they drove past me on the track. The lack of traffic on the roads was fantastic.

Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Furthermore, I had to go to the supermarket today to buy some food. As for "social distancing" that is almost non existant. Woolworths had few people in it so you could keep a fair distance away but still was impossible to keep the required distance.

IGA was full of people so impossible to keep the distance, they had toilet paper for sale.

Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:35 pm

If one is certain they haven't been in close contact or exposed to a person infected with the corona virus, common sense must prevail here planetcare. As long as the social distancing & essential hygiene standards are adhered to, I see no Issue with going out bush in very small numbers, for a detect, for one is not crossing any borders to another state, nor putting someone else at risk of catching the corona virus. Besides prospectors avoid other prospectors when out bush on any given day, not alone knowing what the effects of the corona virus might have on them.
Avoiding mass gatherings is what its all about & at times such as these, exercise & sunshine is what the body needs/thrives on, that & our sanity. We certainly are not talking about  mass gatherings of detectorists all in one place, in close proximity to one another (like a Bondi Beach job) Shocked Q35
Mind you, all this could suddenly change if a full stay at home curfew were to be introduced/put in place & the boys in blue were given orders to pull up anyone caught driving on the road. Shocked
On another note, do take care out on our roads for within half hr of driving my son to his place of work, I happened to witness 2 near missus with a truck & 2 cars with another driver not so lucky, copping a full rear job. Due to the high anxiety/stress this corona virus has had on people, peoples's minds are concentrating less on the road whilst driving. So do take care on our roads everyone.  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:54 pm

planetcare wrote:
keogh wrote:l consider going to the goldfields essential travel.Plenty of back roads.

Why???
There is no corona virus in the gold fields and if you don't have it then out in the gold fields you cannot catch or give it to anybody else. There is higher chance of being struck by lightning or winning lotto than catching the virus in the open gold fields.
I have not seen many mass gatherings in the gold fields. Surely some common sense and logic prevails over extremism?..... I dunno, maybe it is all such a new ball game that we are all members of(it's a big team) we should go by the current rules until we see how things play out.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Kills ones eye site too (macular degeneration) leading cause of blindness, so I hope she/he is taking all precaution to shield his/her eyes from the direct effects of UV on naked eye? Shocked

Kon. T25      

Yes Kon they know very well what they are doing and have been given plenty of professional advice in ref to the preferred power level and radiation wavelength.
Using UV to kill germs and viruses is a long and tried and tested method of sterilising tools , equipment and large areas in hospitals.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Why are we all so trusting of government. They work for the bankers. There is a lot more to this agenda than just a virus.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

keogh wrote:Why are we all so trusting of government. They work for the bankers. There is a lot more to this agenda than just a virus.
We need sensible  and informed discourse here.Unsubstantiated conspiracy theories or agendas are not helpful to a sensible and rational discussion. All of us need to work together to try and reduce the infection rate.
Unless we slow down the exponential growth in  infection rates then we are headed for an  Italian type scenario  and a total lock down.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:52 pm

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:

Why???
There is no corona virus in the gold fields and if you don't have it then out in the gold fields you cannot catch or give it to anybody else.

That's not true! Their are cases in regional Vic towns in including the goldfields. More cases will undoubtedly be diagnosed in regional Vic.
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6675783/ballarats-covid-19-confirmations-remain-steady-as-victorian-numbers-climb/

Last edited by planetcare on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm

planetcare wrote:
keogh wrote:Why are we all so trusting of government. They work for the bankers. There is a lot more to this agenda than just a virus.
We need sensible  and informed discourse here.Unsubstantiated conspiracy theories or agendas are not helpful to a sensible and rational discussion. All of us need to work together to try and reduce the infection rate.
Unless we slow down the exponential growth in  infection rates then we are headed for an  Italian type scenario  and a total lock down.

Agree with you 100%.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:12 pm

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:

Why???
There is no corona virus in the gold fields and if you don't have it then out in the gold fields you cannot catch or give it to anybody else.

That's not true! Their are cases in regional Vic towns in including the goldfields. More cases will undoubtedly be diagnosed in regional Vic.
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6675783/ballarats-covid-19-confirmations-remain-steady-as-victorian-numbers-climb/

When I said there is no corona virus out in the gold fields that is exactly what I meant. I was not referring to the gold field towns and populated areas.
There is no corona virus in the open gold fields unless somebody who has it goes out into the open unpopulated bush gold fields. If that person is out there alone then he cannot pass it to somebody who is not there and if all of his little viruses jump of him and scuttle off into the bush they will all be dead in minutes and anybody else who goes out to that same spot a day later and scratches around in the place where those little viruses scuttled of into the undergrowth, he will not catch the corona disease....Maybe that is a bit clearer.... If it isn't then it doesn't really matter because none of what any of us say here re this problem is of any consequence to anybody.and so we might as well give it a rest and talk about detectors and gold.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 pm

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:

Why???

When I said there is no corona virus out in the gold fields that is exactly what I meant. I was not referring to the gold field towns and populated areas.
      There is  no corona virus in the open gold fields unless somebody who has it goes out into the open unpopulated bush gold fields. If that person is out there alone then he cannot pass it to somebody who is not there and if all of his little viruses jump of him and scuttle off into the bush they will all be dead in minutes and anybody else who goes out to that same spot a day  later and scratches around in the place where those little viruses scuttled of into the undergrowth, he will not catch the corona disease....Maybe that is a bit clearer.... If it isn't then it doesn't really matter  because none of what any of us say here re this problem is of any consequence to anybody.and so we might as well give it a rest  and talk about detectors and gold.
Adrian, the problem is, you need fuel to go to the goldfields.
So you go to the fuel station and get fuel, you touch the pump and you go inside to pay. You breath the same air that the fuel station attendant breathes and them yours. If they were infected, there is a chance you pick it up and after a day or so, you start to unknowingly spread it everywhere you go.
Alternately, you were actually infected and the cash you paid with after sneezing on your hands transferred the virus to the attendant. Then later on a paramedic comes in to fuel up the ambulance, or someone taking emergency food to their vulnerable relatives.
The biggest problem is that you carry the virus and spread it without showing symptoms and those who you pass it to will pass it to others before you show symptoms. It is highly infectious. It will kill people. The only way to stop this virus is to stop presenting new hosts to it.

Now, for those of you who insist on still going out to the shops and traveling around during this, please write down your good gold locations and leave them to me in your will, with a condition that the locations are only given to me if you pass away from COVID-19. Sounds like a fair deal to me Wink
Seriously though, all of you "older" members here really need to not be going out into public spaces. If you have younger people who can get the milk and bread and other supplies please get them to bring these things to your home and have no contact with them, wash everything that comes into your house or if possible have somewhere things(non-perishables) can sit in the sun and heat. Treat everything and everyone like they are infected. Especially children, seeing as though they insist on keeping them at school Mad

Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next