Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic Coronavirus

+31
Ivan N
madtuna
planetcare
Mechanic
keogh
4rd
hapalogh
G.B.
hoolahoopa
TuronYellowFever
nero_design
Slavitoooo
Nightjar
philip.j.thompson
Axtyr
bowenboi
moredeep
rowdy
hugh62
Reg Wilson
Alan WA
pablop
Redfin
Kon61gold
mbasko
byronbinalong
granite2
gold bug sniper
boobook
Travelergold
adrian ss
35 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Topic Coronavirus

Post  moredeep Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm

great oxymoron kon, preservative are suppose to preserve,not kill Question

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1862
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 am

Kon61gold wrote:I'll only use Norton if I can't get my hands on the Trend Micro Maximum Antivirus Dave.  Shocked  Q35 I bet we wouldn't be laughing if it were to start spreading here in Aus hey?  affraid  Q24  Q35    
Preservatives Adrian, we're all using/consuming cancer causing preservatives.

Cheers Kon. T25

exactly right Kon, it is serious, but we still need to be able to have a bit of a joke now and again I reckon.

I don't know if it was a designer virus that has been let loose either by accident or on purpose, but sometimes I get a bit suspicious that Governments cause a problem then pretend to solve it, and it's all about more power to control

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 am

Got to have a laugh Dave,I went to melb last week to visit grand-kids and caught the dreaded VB virus[Aussie snotty sniffle].
Aches and pains and headaches but not nearly as bad as waking up after downing  1/2 doz VB'S Sad  affraid  Laughing  Laughing

Cheers  moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:40 am

another top class well thought out mask to combat the many Coronas you might come into contact with.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 87539110

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:35 am

I guess this new virus has proved how easy it is to develop a fatal disease and spread it around the world in no time flat.
So If somebody decided to wipe out the worlds human population with a 100% deadly virus it would be fairly easy to do aye?.

At the moment China owes the world countless trillions of dollars because of allowing this new corona virus to spread for about 3 months before announcing their stuff up.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:55 am

stuff up I can accept,cover up is despicable/evil

Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Either way fellas, its here & growing/spreading in size. I believe we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg of what is yet to come & dread to see the future impact (regardless of the governments stimulus package for the economy) this new strain of introduced virus, has on our economy & jobs in general.
Do take the utmost precautions/care & stay safe everyone.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:16 pm

I guess China is paying a big price already. They have screwed their own industries and the rest of the world can no longer trust them to be honest....not that we ever did.. The virus is loose in Canberra now so the next few days here should be interesting.
     Walking around the shopping centres  here it is very obvious that a lot of people are coughing and sniffling which is about all this virus seems to cause in most people but like the flu that knocks off 90.000 + older people per year and infects around 500,000 people world wide. this virus is causing havock among the elderly.
      Our pension fund has taken a big hit but it will bounce back once the panic has settled down.........If it doesn't then there is not enough left to see us out. I better start selling some tectas. pale  
     Then there is the Trump refusing to be tested after standing along side and talking to a an infected person. With all of the hot air he sprays about they will have to close down the Parliament soon' Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:49 pm

You obviously haven't heard the latest news Adrian, where our own Prime Minister needs to be tested for coronavirus, along with many other parliamentary officials. Shocked affraid Q41  

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Metal detecting declares war on coronavirus!
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 10
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:39 am

Shocked No thanks. I'll take my chances tackling the corona-virus head on, than having to wear a gas mask the likes of that one Slavitoo. Shocked  Q35
We simply all must do what we can, in order to avoid catching it.
The corona virus, has now spread to over 100 countries around the world & even though the death rate is regarded to be between 2 to 3%, it becomes a significant number, when a million people have caught it.  Shocked  affraid  Q41

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:47 am

Only food shops and pharmacies will be opened in Bulgaria, during which time all metal detectors will fight the virus in the forest.
The map shows where each reported case of coronavirus in the world is and how many people have died from the virus.
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:34 am

In 20 years time when many of todays population will be dead and the young ones have reach maturity someone will release something like this about the coronavirus.

$100 billion was spent in the US alone during this world ending crisis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/12/30/lessons-yk-years-later/

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 pm

affraid

Laughing

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Corona10

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Nightjar, do you think this ancient ritual is accidental?
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 8-4010
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Good one Nightjar, but should not that surgical mask be on the corona instead of the Heineken? (you know, to prevent the spread of corona from coughing) Shocked Q35
Accidental not at all slavi, but more of marital symbolism associated with the veil. Not much purpose for the use of a veil these days & times though, for all is unveiled before people reach the alter no? Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:59 am

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Img_4210
Woolworths at Baulkham Hills on Thursday afternoon... 3 days ago.

I took the photograph above while shopping in the Hills District on Thursday afternoon just three days ago.  This was the Woolworths store at Baulkham Hills.  The shelves are bare.  Even today, it was much the same - only people had now emptied the store of pasta, rice, long-life milk etc.  It's literally a disgusting situation because I was seeing all these bewildered elderly shoppers who seemed frightened and confused.  

A week ago was my first day out of self-imposed isolation and I drove out to the Goldfields with two friends.  We all ended up using most of our water and began to dehydrate but it hit me really hard.  They almost had to carry me back 3 km to the car.  It was pretty hard on me and I thought I was in far better shape.  Did I get the Wuhan Flu?  Yeah, all the symptoms, including some I'm not really prepared to talk about here, were spot on.  When the pandemic passes in Australia, I'll get tested to see if I caught it.  Right now they're charging people for tests... and it's not fair to waste them on me if I'm long past having the virus.  It took me 6 weeks to properly shake it all.  But I was only REALLY badly hit for about 3 days and then it tapered off.  I put it down to the heavy Vitamin-C dosage I took.  Now we know that this new COVID-19 seems to be particularly sensitive to Vitamin-C when patients are Intravenously topped up by it and that taking the tablets also has a notable effect.  

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Img_2213
The Mainland Chinese tour group who grabbed me for photographs at Katoomba in early December 2019.

When the virus broke out in China I suspected it would become a pandemic.  I don't think I even read about it until late December or early January... But on the 7th of December 2019, I was grabbed and held close to Chinese tourists posing for pictures with me when I was covering the Sydney bushfires at Katoomba.  I even took a shot of the tour group that grabbed me for a prop.  It was just coincidence that I remained home for two weeks before the symptoms appeared.  I assumed I'd picked up a flu from my wife although the symptoms were unique enough even at the time.  I later suspected I had been infected by Chinese tourists from the mainland and kept myself in self-quarantine for 2.5 months.  I immediately dosed myself up with Vitamin C and avoided all contact with my wife and family when I first fell ill.  I made a short trip out to see my mother in Christmas Day but kept 15 feet away from her since she's undergoing cancer treatment.  I used sanitiser all the time on my hands.   I made sure to take fluids, rest and eat as smartly as I could.  I sill have respiratory difficulty today and I initially put this down to the bushfire smoke in December/January.  I went to see a doctor to be tested for Coronavirus but they refused to formally test me, saying that I wasn't eligible since I hadn't been out of the country.  I saw another doctor for a second opinion and he was concerned that I'd been exposed to the S-Strain. This of course leaves me open to the more deadly L-Strain.  Since then, two of our friends came back from South Korea and are in Quarantine.  A third returned from Japan and was just released after testing negative after enforced quarantine.  Patient Zero in China is said to have infected hundreds of people - who in turn infected thousands by the time he was identified on December 1, 2019.  I can't help but wonder how many of those travelers from Wuhan, which is the 11th largest city in the world, came to Australia.  The folks I met were likely from Hubei and Wuhan.

Tonight I made a second break in my now-3-month self-imposed isolation and took my wife to have dinner at the Macquarie Arms at Windsor. No doubt some of you have stopped in there.  I was here the week before and enjoyed their chicken schnitzel.  We left the dining room when no less than four different people began to cough so hard that three of them almost collapsed.  A man had to grab water for his wife (40s) who was almost hitting her head against the table from coughing so hard.  A kid that looked to be 7 years old was coughing so loudly my wife could hear it from 2 rooms away over the noise of the restaurant.  I'm hoping it was just the regular flu.  But we are already in partial lockdown in Sydney and people in towns to the East and West of Windsor were already affected (infected). Although that means people catching a regular flu will take a punch to their immune systems, leaving them even more vulnerable. But the fact they were that clearly sick and were hanging around in public worried me. We moved to another room and sat down to read the menu but two young guys in their 20s came in from the carpark door coughing and one of them grabbed at the bar to keep his balance.  My wife and I looked at each other and decided to leave. As we left the restaurant, a sweating elderly man (probably in his 80s) was clutching at the door frame, assisted by two younger people in their 60s.  He looked to be in a daze.  Outside people were coughing on the street everywhere. We went to the International Candy Store on the main mall and as we were buying some treats to take home, the woman behind my wife was coughing up something and a young 13 year old girl began to cough deeply.  Both were clearly sick. Was it just the flu?  We had masks in our pockets, antibacterial handwash in our hands, rubber gloves and a can of disinfectant for our shoes.  We weren't taking too many chances but we left the district without buying dinner.

On the way back to our car we stopped at either Coles or Woolworths there and bought some basic foods and dry storage goods.  My wife had to use the touch screen and also the keypad that everyone else was using that day.  I'll bet they weren't routinely decontaminated.  We got some McDonalds via the Drive Thu on the way home as a "safer alternative". As they handed us our food in the bags, I could hear a staff member in the food service area coughing hard.  I don't think we can avoid cross contamination any more.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Img_4110
I was able to get quite a few of these back in January as a precaution. But the Pharmacists are bare now. Nothing left at all.

What I experienced tonight at Windsor showed me how quickly this COVID-19 will spread if people are walking around coughing and touching everything.  My favorite restaurant is a well known local Chinese restaurant that my father's construction company helped relocate over 30 years ago and they're closing down permanently due to the crushed customer numbers - the result of the Coronavirus fears. My parents are getting older but they probably won't survive this thing.  I bought them sanitizer and masks and gloves and protective eye-wear months ago when I started to track the spread of the virus when it was still in Wuhan.  But they had to visit the hospital yesterday and brought none of those precautions with them.  They even stopped for dinner on the way home and noted how many "sick people" seemed to be staggering about.  I think Australians are incredibly stupid when it comes to self preservation with this thing.  They don't seem to understand how to stop spreading germs.  Even the Chinese in Wuhan seemed smarter than the people I saw in Windsor today.

I've been giving updates to friend and family from the safety of my computer room at home for the last 2 months.  I've been freelancing from home as a precaution.  Taking a walk outside for the first time in almost 3 months was a profound experience for me. I hope those of you who get infected, as most of you may, will endure only minor symptoms.  We now have several more friends who are being advised to self quarantine at home.  I'm in the category that is likely to die if I get the new L-strain of the virus and I'm mindful of passing it on to my wife who is also in that bracket.  This is a historic event.  I think it's amazing to witness a pandemic happen in our lifetime and there will be some hard times ahead.  But spare a moment for the older folks who are in the worst position when this thing hits hard in another week or two.  They don't really stand much of a chance, though there are always exceptions.  

To my amusement and partial irritation, I've just been banned from Facebook after their Artificial Intelligence algorithm mistook a medical website that I linked to for a friend (discussing testicular damage from the Coronavirus) for an item of a sexual nature (???) that "went against Facebook's Community Standards".  They apologized to me, saying they "got it wrong" and eventually allowed the post to be published ...but then left the Ban in place for another 24 hours with no means for me to object. It's a shame too because Facebook claims to be doing all it can to keep dialogue and information flowing to help people during the pandemic.  There's another block of toilet paper for sale on eBay.... looks like thousands of people are selling it.  For hundreds and even thousands of dollars.

God help us all.

Seconds before I posted this comment, I went to Ebay and took a screen capture:

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Screen31
Here's the top prices for Toilet Paper right now.  Madness..
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:36 am

T04
Nero, come on, perfect example why the world is what it is today, sensationalism!
We still go out every day with out fail, have maybe heard one or two people cough, not one person carrying or wearing a mask.
Yes the madness is prevalent in the stores aisles brought on by the media and mass hysteria.
Maybe WA is doomed.  Q24 Q34

***As of early March, the coronavirus outbreak had infected more than 100,000 people and killed more than 3,000 globally, the majority in China, where the illness was first detected in December. More than 750 people in the United States have been diagnosed, including at least 25 people who have died.

By comparison, influenza — known as the common flu — has infected as many as 45 million Americans since October and killed as many as 46,000, according to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ***

Last edited by Nightjar on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:54 am

Very impressive self isolation Nero,well done.
When this virus is all done and dusted ,we'll reflect on our own habits here and around the world.
I hate seeing sports people hang a big gorby/spit/greenie/ onto the grass they are playing on Evil or Very Mad ,in future spittoons should be provided to any player wanting to spit.
How often do we see drivers sitting at traffic lights with half their fist up there nose,then go on into the community to do other things.
Some people are just down right pigs[apologies to pigs themselves],hopefully this covid19 situation will make them think?
I've been to countries that have beautiful scenery,but the habits of the inhabitants make you near sick,sputum/TB rife everywhere,people defecating in the streets and the list goes on.
These countries including ours will have to educate and crack down on poor hygiene habits/standards
Countries spending billions of bucks on warfare [mainly poor countries] should stop their paranoid defence thoughts and improve their peoples living standards.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Man will always fear what they don't understand, but panic is not the solution. As this virus progresses throughout this country, we must keep a clear head, try not to panic, be vigilant throughout this whole ordeal & do the right thing by one another.
Prioritising hygiene standards & taking all or any other necessary precautions (as required), to slow down the spread of corona &/or keep it to a minimum, is of the essence.
The corona virus, can no longer be treated as a laugh or joke, for it will get a whole lot worse come our flue season, before it gets better. Take care out there everyone.
Speedy recover Nero & by the way, people who take advantage of others through times like these, (as is shown through ebay) should be flogged & thrown in jail.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Hello !
Can anyone give a reasonable explanation for why toilet paper is disappearing all over the world? For food, of course, people stock up when they have to comply with the 14-day quarantine period. But buying so much paper has no explanation for me. Maybe at home make her face masks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMA7a6xO3G0
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Football legend Cristiano Ronaldo has decided to contribute to the fight against the coronavirus by turning his hotels in Portugal into temporary hospitals. The treatment will be completely free of charge for the patients, with the Portuguese himself assuming all the costs associated with the medical procedures and the payment to the doctors.
https://www.mbs.news/a/2020/03/worthy-of-respect-ronaldos-act-fascinates-the-whole-world-football-world-italy.html
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 3 Ronald10
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Righteous ways, by a righteous man. Good on you Ronaldo Q36 A very philanthropic gesture indeed. If only more of the wealthy were like him.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 pm

Your turn Gina R

Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 am

Don't hold your breath moredeep.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:45 pm

It would be good to shop only young and healthy people.
The virus is only transmitted as a drop, meaning
that even the most ordinary paper mask can hold it.
So those who shop must wear masks, naturally washing their hands afterwards is a must.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Early this year I contracted a virus of some kind and the Doc put me on a course of antibiotics. The virus lasted about 4 weeks A few weeks later I started taking Vitamin C in an above average dose as well as taking apple cider vinegar and also topped up my flu and pneumonia shots and had an overdue tetanus shot for good measure......Have no idea if any of that will do me any good but who cares, it makes me feel as though I have done something that could possibly help a lot more than buying a load of dunny rolls.

Wandering around Woollies this morning I noticed quite a number of older people ( I am 74 going on 24, in my head not body) with and without walkers. Some were clearly struggling to get about and to do their shopping and most were not able to buy the things that they needed because the younger fitter more healthy turds and far less threatened by this corona virus, had cleaned the shelves of all basic necessities and were beginning to attack the food and milk shelves with a vengeance. Greedy selfish self centred thoughtless a...holes.......So much for concern for the elderly aye
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Slavi, it were only a matter of time before the mass buyers/storers of toilet paper realised, that they need to put something in their bellies first, in order to have use of the toilet paper later. Q35  Now they're cleaning the shelves of all meat. Shocked Q35 Actually this ain't no laughing matter, I might have to go past my local butcher first thing in the morning & see whats left. Q35
Funny you should mention being put on antibiotics for a flue virus Adrian, when all the medical profession have said that penicillin doesn't work on virus's, but bacteria. Even the shots or flue vacine is only good for 3 to four strands of certain type virus, but useless on the corona virus.
Respect for one another is taught at home & has to be earned, but shame that it is lost with every passing generation.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Unfortunately, the situation is not good.

Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Sad case indeed, but alas, one of many behind closed doors. This is why Australia & its governing authorities, must take appropriate action more sooner than later, in order to slow down the effects/spread of Covet-19.
By the way, not long ago on the news today, was said that the spread of people testing positive for corona virus here in Australia, doubled in size every third day.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next