Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic Coronavirus

+31
Ivan N
madtuna
planetcare
Mechanic
keogh
4rd
hapalogh
G.B.
hoolahoopa
TuronYellowFever
nero_design
Slavitoooo
Nightjar
philip.j.thompson
Axtyr
bowenboi
moredeep
rowdy
hugh62
Reg Wilson
Alan WA
pablop
Redfin
Kon61gold
mbasko
byronbinalong
granite2
gold bug sniper
boobook
Travelergold
adrian ss
35 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 8 Empty Re: Off Topic Coronavirus

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Yep, stressful times ahead indeed people, but it is not a time, nor an opportunity to be firing bullets at one another,(with your partner or any other family member that resides with you for that matter) but a time of understanding. See it as a time where one can do things around the house that needed doing, or spending time in or on some hobby one always wanted to get around in doing, but never had the time to do so. Anything to stop the confrontation of meaningless, senseless, arguments occurring with one another, due to anxiety/stress build up, of being confined at home.
By keeping ones self busy, you're not only out of sight, but out of mind. Keep ones sanity intact, we're going to need it.  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 pm

The sooner everybody actually stays at home unless absolutely necessary, the sooner things can get back to normal.
As I am a diesel mechanic working in agriculture, I need to continue working. I need to keep going to the outside world. The more people getting about, the more risk there is that when I need to put fuel into my car that I will become infected, then take that to my workplace and to the local farms, or alternately, one of the farm workers becomes infected.
If/when this happens, toilet paper will be the least of your problems. When we loose the ability to produce food due to sweeping sickness and deaths, do I really need to explain the rest?

Please people, if you don't have to go out, don't. When you do go out, make sure you have a decent list of things to get and get them all to prevent you needing to go out again.

Use this opportunity to clean up around the house, trim the hedges, make a garden, paint the walls, read a book, watch the tele, learn a new skill. Just don't hurt yourself as hospitals no longer exist.

The biggest problem with this virus is you are contagious for a good amount of time before you show symptoms and you may not show symptoms at all, meanwhile you are spreading it everywhere you go and you will cause people to die if you spread it. Don't be a spreader!

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:11 pm

I'v noticed over the last few days, American politicians are dumb founded, angry/aggravated (so to speak) over some of President Trumps enthusiastic or should I say unrealistic comments of saying to the people of America, we should have some of the American economy up & running & things slowly coming back to normal by Easter time? Shocked
Now Considering we all read/hear the current status of the corona spread as well as deaths, continue to rise over all American states (some more than others) yet I notice Trump, continues to talk with confidence/authority?  
Could it be that President Trump knows/or has something up his sleeve that he's not telling or holding back from telling the world about, in regards to the corona virus situation at hand? Could it be that a cure is more closer at hand than what everybody believes it to be?  Either that, or he's losing the plot under extreme pressure?  Well, we'll all soon find out for Easter's only 2 to 3 weeks away.
Just a gut feeling I have here people, for I know no more or less, than anybody else.
So no point in hammering me for my thoughts, hammer Trump. Shocked Q35  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Simply put I think that he has lost the plot and is being overly optimistic. But conversely, I hope he is sitting on a quick fix because we all need it, especially the USA.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Like me, nothing wrong with wishful thinking pablop. I know we're all in need of a miracle here, but not another snake oil sales pitch of a solution. Laughing

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 pm

trump fits the narcissistic sociopath category.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:03 pm

The quick fix, infect as many as possible. Those who die, die, those who don't, recover and go back to work in a few weeks. I think that is the model they are taking and we are not much better here. In a few weeks our infections and deaths will have exploded.

Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Yep & that's the sad thing about it Mick. This virus thrives better under colder conditions. Shocked affraid & if that's the model/path they intend to take, then all hope is lost. Sad  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 pm

geez kon this bug is certainly enjoying this warm weather at present,hate to see what it really will do when it gets colder What a Face

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 pm

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Well, we still have a long way to go to beat last years worldwide 255,000 flu deaths. Not that I want go via either path.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:15 pm

True Granite,that tally works out to be about 700 people a day out of the worlds total population of about 7.8 billion; over the 12 month period.That I guess is manageable.
I guess what they/we are trying to avoid is that figure over say a 3-6 month period,and that death toll may go supernova if they/we don't get a handle on it.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8