Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZED Warm up issue (Previously: Why not in the manual???)

+20
slimpickens
Reno Chris
goldquest
merexy
Basada
geofflee
Haveadig
Steve Herschbach
polak
Jack outwest
Canned Heat
hoolahoopa
GoldHound
Doofus
ruffles
yellowfin
thegoldman24
rc62burke
sandy2010
Nebuchadnezzar
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ZED Warm up issue (Previously: Why not in the manual???) - Page 3 Empty Re: ZED Warm up issue (Previously: Why not in the manual???)

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:26 am

alchemist wrote:
geofflee wrote:
Goldgeo wrote:I've been quiet for a bit but am very surprised that you mob can't work out why all those that have been testing these units won't respond??!  
Honestly, every person that has tried to give any constructive thoughts on this machine has been shot down and ridiculed by the usual mob of 'long time members' that either have not used one or have no money to buy one but like to pick holes in everything that is posted.

You're not the only one who's annoyed by certain 'old timers' on this forum. There's no end to their bitching and whining. It's no wonder that JP has pissed off. I don't blame him one iota.

It's also obvious that none of the whingers have any understanding of what's involved in operating a global corporation. They wouldn't be asking such dumb questions if they had. Anyway, it's probably a bit of a catch-22. Because they ask dumb questions they don't get the opportunity to gain that understanding.

In any case this 'forum' is more like drunken pub gathering. Just check out a few other forums and you'll see what I mean.  

Come on guys, have a go at me. Prove me right!

Wrong time of the month is it son?

Sucker !!! hahaha
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

ZED Warm up issue (Previously: Why not in the manual???) - Page 3 Empty Re: ZED Warm up issue (Previously: Why not in the manual???)

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks heaps yellowfin Smile
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:31 am

alchemist wrote:I'm sorry once again Jen, for drawing you into this, I'm the one at fault here I started this thread, I'm the piece of sh!t he refers to, I should've just kept my bloody trap shut, and buried my head in the sand and got over it like all good little boys do.
We are not the only ones to be blamed.

What about the ones Suspect We all know who I am talking about, they are so anti minelab!
That they come under a disguise on here, only to stir the pot! 
Why do they do it?
Do they hate minelab that much they find any way to knit pick about their products?
They should just stay on their own forum, knit pick bloody away over there!!!! 
Once minelab see how bad they are bad mouthing their machine, yet some don't even own one!!
Hopefully they may get sued! 
One can only hope it may happen again! 

I also think it's a good point you made, "why is this not in the manual"
Maybe it's on the cd that came with the machine, we still haven't looked at it yet Q07 Must do it. Very Happy

But Alchemist you are one of the people who is genuinely interested in buying one of these GPZ7000
Why can't you ask the questions?
If we don't ask, we don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:35 am

geofflee wrote:
Goldgeo wrote:I've been quiet for a bit but am very surprised that you mob can't work out why all those that have been testing these units won't respond??!  
Honestly, every person that has tried to give any constructive thoughts on this machine has been shot down and ridiculed by the usual mob of 'long time members' that either have not used one or have no money to buy one but like to pick holes in everything that is posted.

You're not the only one who's annoyed by certain 'old timers' on this forum. There's no end to their bitching and whining. It's no wonder that JP has pissed off. I don't blame him one iota.

It's also obvious that none of the whingers have any understanding of what's involved in operating a global corporation. They wouldn't be asking such dumb questions if they had. Anyway, it's probably a bit of a catch-22. Because they ask dumb questions they don't get the opportunity to gain that understanding.

In any case this 'forum' is more like drunken pub gathering. Just check out a few other forums and you'll see what I mean.  

Come on guys, have a go at me. Prove me right!

Man,
Your statement about a Global corporation, obviously not everyone is a company director!!!! just like a company director would not have a clue about servicing a Gas stove, mate that is such a random statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum encourages all questions!!! it is written time & time again "There are no DUMB ??????? lighten up.

And finally that last little gem, is that an attempt to stifle the conversation here or what????

With comments like you have just made you just portray yourself as a trouble maker!!!!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

Jen58 wrote:I also think it's a good point you made, "why is this not in the manual"

Since you ask, in my opinion, it's not in the manual because the manual describes how to use the machine, it is not an advanced tutorial. There's probably heaps of other stuff that could go in the manual if it were to also include that detailed description of the GB behaviour. Then you guys would be bitching about how big and detailed the manual was, and how does ML expect anyone to understand all this, and how you need a degree, they should put it somewhere else, blah, blah, blah.

If JP had not mentioned the GB behaviour, most of you's would be none the wiser.

Actually where it rightly belongs is in JP's GPZ 7000 DVD; along with other useful info.

Now go have a bitch about how JP's gonna make a buck out of it and how it's so unfair, blah, blah, blah.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:57 am

geofflee wrote:
Jen58 wrote:I also think it's a good point you made, "why is this not in the manual"

Since you ask, in my opinion, it's not in the manual because the manual describes how to use the machine, it is not an advanced tutorial. There's probably heaps of other stuff that could go in the manual if it were to also include that detailed description of the GB behaviour. Then you guys would be bitching about how big and detailed the manual was, and how does ML expect anyone to understand all this, and how you need a degree, they should put it somewhere else, blah, blah, blah.

If JP had not mentioned the GB behaviour, most of you's would be none the wiser.

Actually where it rightly belongs is in JP's GPZ 7000 DVD; along with other useful info.

Now go have a bitch about how JP's gonna make a buck out of it and how it's so unfair, blah, blah, blah.

There you go again portraying yourself as a trouble maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 am

rc62burke wrote:obviously not everyone is a company director

Oh well, there's a good misquote as a lead-in to the rest of your put down.
And 'yes' there are DUMB questions.
And that 'last little gem'? Really it's an attempt to get you guys to pull up your socks.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:03 pm

rc62burke wrote:There you go again portraying yourself as a trouble maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could take a NEGATIVE view and come to that conclusion, else you could be POSITIVE and see it as an attempt to dissuade negativity.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:22 pm

alchemist wrote:Wow Adrian that's one hell of a learning curve you've been on, I guess it all helps to keep the mind sharp, and keep away the cobwebs  T20

Yeah the Inf has a bit of a learning curve but I sort of look at it as a Satisfying my curiosity curve. I am forever testing and experimenting with it to the stage now where I can make this detector realy sing and I feel totally confident in the ability of the detector to find whatever it is I am looking for.
Like any tool, you have to know the limitations otherwise you could spend a lot of time trying to make it do what it cannot.
So it is with the Zed. Learn the machines capability in all conditions and understand any limitations it may have.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:26 pm

It's behaviour like yours geofflee that send JP and others away.
You arrive here and insult us and put down this forum.
Do you always defecate all over peoples threads with drogaratory remarks and insults and then flee as your name suggests?  

Go on then get over to one of these other forums you prefer so much more and let us get on with some serious discussion, instead of all this immature agressive claptrap you seem to perfer.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:32 pm

alchemist wrote:It's behaviour like yours geofflee that send JP and others away.
Do you always defecate all over peoples threads with drogaratory remarks and insults and then flee as your name suggests?  

Go on then get over to one of these other forums you prefer so much more and let us get on with some serious discussion, instead of all this immature agressive claptrap you seem to perfer.

Behaviour like mine that sends JP away??? Sorry, I'm totally in support of JP's views and fully understand why he went away.

If you don't appreciate my comments maybe you have a particular reason why that might be so.
But for everyone else, I expect they understand how negative a reputation this forum has; and how some of you guys need a wake up call. Don't believe me - go back and ask yourself why JP left.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Sorry Adrian for that intermission.

Yes there is a certain comfort in being intimately familiar with your machine, that 87 ouncer could've easily been yours, so much is time and place, not just what you're waving. I get my Z next week, then the 45 will take the back seat, I think for the first couple of outings you would run rings around me just because you know and have complete confidence in your Infinium.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

geofflee wrote:
alchemist wrote:It's behaviour like yours geofflee that send JP and others away.

Behaviour like mine that sends JP away??? Sorry, I'm totally in support of JP's views and fully understand why he went away.

If you don't appreciate my comments maybe you have a particular reason why that might be so.
But for everyone else, I expect they understand how negative a reputation this forum has; and how some of you guys need a wake up call. Don't believe me - go back and ask yourself why JP left.  

You need to get a bloody life mate, you're like a broken record, grow up!
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm

alchemist wrote:you're like a broken record, grow up!

If I'm like a broken record maybe it's because I'm responding to replies.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I think everything that needs to be said on this thread has been. You were a bit too late on geofflee, whatever your motive for disruption may be it is mute really. You can go back to your master like a good little minion and report you have dumped your load.

Right, I'm out of here...coffee and crackers with the missus
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm

alchemist wrote:
I think everything that needs to be said on this thread has been. You were a bit too late on geofflee, whatever your motive for disruption may be it is mute really. You can go back to your master like a good little minion and report you have dumped your load.

Right, I'm out of here...coffee and crackers with the missus  

Yep, another great put down.

BTW, I hope I did clarify why it's not in the manual.
ie. IMHO, I expect it will be on the DVD with other tips, and rightly so.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Ok
Enough all..
Please just take a deep breath.
No need to keep having a go at each other.

It really doesn't get us anywhere, does it?
Hopefully when Jonathan porter does bring out a DVD on this machine, it will answer a lot of questions.
In the meantime
Go out in the bush have a detect.

Back to top Go down

Post  geofflee Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Jen58 wrote:Ok
Enough all..
Please just take a deep breath.
No need to keep having a go at each other.

It really doesn't get us anywhere, does it?
Hopefully when Jonathan porter does bring out a DVD on this machine, it will answer a lot of questions.
In the meantime
Go out in the bush have a detect.

Not trying to have the last word or anything like that; but 'I concur'.
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:43 pm

alchemist wrote:I'm sorry once again Jen, for drawing you into this, I'm the one at fault here I started this thread, I'm the piece of sh!t he refers to, I should've just kept my bloody trap shut, and buried my head in the sand and got over it like all good little boys do.

Well, I think you are all being way to nice to a self promoting, bad mannered little turd.  
He could have stopped after the first paragraph, but I suppose in his mind
we needed to be sitting on the edge of our seat, while he gave a self promoting
tirade of a potted history  of not only him and his imagined greatness,  but also
endure a display of his bad manners.

I note that Reno Chris hasn't received anything but respect here and that may well
be because he has shown a little himself.  

Who the hell does this ego on legs think he is, he knows nothing of the ground in Vic whatsoever,
yet no one can have an opinion, ask a question, or express  a view
opposed to his, without it being OK for him to come on here and insult anyone at will?  

As Jen has pointed out, JP has already admitted in another place that he is still restricted in what he can say.

IMO, the bad mouthing self serving turd should be banned.
That is exactly what would happen, If one tried the same post on his own site.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  polak Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Not every small detail can make it into a manual im guessing, the GB procedure is well covered in both the quick refference guide and full manual.
Many users missunderstand manuals even when things are spelled out.
I still hear people insisting you must run the GPX detector on deep on the front switch for some reason with whatever settings they give for the rest when in the manual on p28 it clearly spells out its just a preset switch that allows quick access to one of 3 settings and 4 more variants on the digital screen if custom is selected. All can be altered to whatever one chooses and are stored under that particular position for easy recall. Perhaps ML should have just gone with user 1 user 2 and custom to avoid confusion but chose to name them for possibly first time users to have some starting points with settings.
I doubt the difference in performance from the first few mins to 20 mins or so in will effect most of our success/failure rate in gold recovery much.
Other quirks of the machine will no doubt be discovered in the future and hopefully with forums such as this one and others be shared and we can all be the wiser.
Mud slinging help no one.
Polak

Last edited by polak on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say gpx)

polak
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Steve Herschbach wrote:
If you doubt my word, go f*******e yourself.
What a gentleman!

Last edited by Mike54 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inappropriate language)

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:35 pm

alchemist wrote:Sorry Adrian for that intermission.

Yes there is a certain comfort in being intimately familiar with your machine, that 87 ouncer could've easily been yours, so much is time and place, not just what you're waving. I get my Z next week, then the 45 will take the back seat, I think for the first couple of outings you would run rings around me just because you know and have complete confidence in your Infinium.

Cheers

I wish you great success with the new toy. I am a bit envious I guess, but on the other hand I know I can find gold with what I have and I do know the limitations of all detectors that I have.
For my way of thinking it seems clear that the Zed is a fine machine and from what we have all read and seen (in some cases) the Zed can detect from the very smallest of nuggs to the largest and in quiet to very nasty ground. This no longer remains to be proven. All that remains is for people to learn the detectors full capabilities and limitations in all types of ground and how to select the best mode/settings for the job in hand.
It is an All Metal detector so you have no choice when looking for gold...DIG ALL SIGNALS.
You have a 4500. Probably the best work horse ML has produced with rock solid detecting ability and reliability. You are going to be tempted to compare every target that the Zed detects, with the detecting ability of the 4500.
Might I suggest that you leave the 4500 at home and concentrate on learning the 7000. I any case, whenever you recover a target detected by the Zed you will find yourself saying things like: Agh the 45 would have found that easily, or Bugger, The 45 might have struggled on that one. or geez this tecta is not too bad at all. Wink
But if you check each signal with both tectas you may wind up with negative thoughts going through you mind and doubts will creep in and then you start to get sloppy with the Zed and don't keep it tuned up all the time and then the thing is suddenly Noisy as hell and you wish you had stuck to the 45.
When you go out with the Zed, Focus on this detector totally.

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Well said Goldhound. Smile

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  merexy Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:50 pm

"Ego on legs"

Couldn't have put it better myself Inhere.

That was a shameful tirade, I don't care who he is....

I could go on but that would take me down to his level.

merexy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks Adrian, that's very good advice, I will follow it closely.
Psychology plays an enormous role and is a very powerful tool.

Regards.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 pm

[quote="adrian ss"][quote="alchemist"]Sorry Adrian for that intermission.

Cheers[/quote]

I wish you great success with the new toy. I am a bit envious I guess, but on the other hand I know I can find gold with what I have and I do know the limitations of all detectors that I have.
     For my way of thinking it seems clear that the Zed is a fine machine and from what we have all read and seen (in some cases) the Zed can detect from the very smallest of nuggs to the largest and in quiet to very nasty ground. This no longer remains to be proven. All that remains is for people to learn the detectors full capabilities and limitations in all types of ground and how to select the best mode/settings for the job in hand.
    It is an All Metal detector so you have no choice when looking for gold...DIG ALL SIGNALS.
You have a 4500. Probably the best work horse ML has produced with rock solid detecting ability and reliability. You are going to be tempted to compare every target that the Zed detects, with the detecting ability of the 4500.
Might I suggest that you leave the 4500 at home and concentrate on learning the 7000. I any case, whenever you recover a target detected by the Zed you will find yourself saying things like: Agh the 45 would have found that easily, or Bugger, The 45 might have struggled on that one. or geez this tecta is not too bad at all.  Wink
    But if you check each signal with both tectas you may wind up with negative thoughts going through you mind and doubts will creep in and then you start to get sloppy with the Zed and don't keep it tuned up all the time and then the thing is suddenly Noisy as hell and you wish you had stuck to the 45.
When you go out with the Zed, Focus on this detector totally.

[/quote]

Well said Adrian
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:30 pm

[quote="Inhere"]
quote]
I have noticed that with many people these days, people in general not pointing the finger here. Its a growing trend. They don't like to be questioned.
I can understand a person not being happy with trolling and cyber bullying, who would.
But often a simple opposing view is seen as an attack on their integrity.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48 am

Inhere wrote:  

Canned Heat wrote:
I have noticed that with many people these days, people in general not pointing the finger here. Its a growing trend. They don't like to be questioned.
I can understand a person not being happy with trolling and cyber bullying, who would.
But often a simple opposing view is seen as an attack on their integrity.

You Guys are quite right.
I asked an honest question and was left feeling like a worthless piece of sh!t.

It's become like a cult, you must not doubt the faith or their word.  
He has the cheek to point out that Aussies display the Tall Poppy Syndrome, he needs to take a close look in the mirror.

I hate how forums turn people into nasty agressive bullys, but I especially hate the arrogant ego-centric bombasticism.

I like your style Canned Heat, it's people like you who make it all worthwhile, don't let bullys ever stop you from uncovering the truth!

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:52 am

I have only this comment on this thread:
Of all the detectors minelab have ever produced, can you point out to me one that has a full and detailed description of every setting in all its possible configurations with a detailed explanation of how to employ each to its most favorable situation and with dozens of pages of helpful hints on the use of the detector? Because I've owned a number of them, have read all the manuals and not a one have ever had that. In fact in all the detectors I have ever owned, not just those produced by ML, the manuals have just the basics of assembly and use, a very brief descriptions of the functions and settings and that is all - no more.
If I am wrong, please show me the link to the operators manual of the previous ML detector which was written with all the detail you ask.
So why, if no detector operation manual ever made has all the information you demand, are you angry that it is not included in the GPZ manual?

The reality is - and I am flummoxed how so many of you seem to have forgotten this so fast - that there has been and still continues, a nearly endless debate on this forum and others over possible settings and how they are best employed on the GP Extreme, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500 and 5000. This has continued for years and years. The very fact that there exists an endless debate over different settings proves that there is no simple "magic setting" and that it is best for each user to try out the possibilities and determine his own preferences - because different individuals will indeed have their own preferences.
I am sure some will claim that oh, it is more expensive, so the GPZ should have everything I ask and ML should have read my mind and anticipated this in advance.  And to that I would respond that it is no different from every other detector manual in its essence. More information is found on the various forums and will, like all the other detectors before it, be debated and discussed. Information will also be available in magazines, books DVDs and the like as they become available - just has been the case with every other detector.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:10 am

Reno Chris.     " SPOT ON " 

There are those that know how to use these detectors to their advantage 
And for most of us, we struggle so this is why there will always be questions. Questions about so many things about gold detecting,  it is just the nature of man. These questions will keep coming with every new detector and every new member........ Good questions, smart questions, the not so smart questions,  dumb questions, questions, questions, questions....... 
And this is why we join a forum....... The good, the bad and the ugly. T20
We deal with it or we don't, it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next