Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Jonathan !

+17
Swinger
slimpickens
Basada
goldnomad
spinna
Peteren
AU anonymous
Undertaker
kon61
PaddyWack
Troopy
thegoldman24
RAH
tricky 1
Qld Sandy
AraratGold
alchemist
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! Empty Thank you Jonathan !

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:57 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0LFrjExn8
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! Empty Re: Thank you Jonathan !

Post  AraratGold Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Good work on the video JP, this is what we have all been waiting for.

However, I'm tipping that the GPX5000 with a 16 or 20 inch round mono would have pinged it fairly easily ?? Bigger coil I know, but still would have got it.  Wink

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm

"I would call that nuthin." JP on the 5000 signal. Maybe if he had used the full potential of the 5000 and wacked on what is available for it ie: 18" mono or 20" mono you would have got it. No use trying to match coil size for coil size, you have to use the full capabilities of each detector. IMHO. Saying that, it was a great dig.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Until larger coils are available for the Z then testing should be like for like. This backs up the adjusted graph showing the GPX 15x12 against GPZ14 up to 20 % advantage.

Is the Supersede range of picks stainless steel?
It doesn't seem to interfere with the detector much while digging???.

Cheers.

Last edited by alchemist on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 pm

In that light, I wonder what it would have sounded like if the GPZ had the (apparently soon to be available) 20" coil on Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm

INCREDIBLE.

People are supposedly screaming out for information, and when some is put up, the first replies are more criticisms.

T02
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 pm

alchemist wrote:Until larger coils are available for the Z then testing should be like for like. This backs up the adjusted graph showing the GPX 15x12 against GPZ14 roughly 20% advantage.

Cheers.

Good point Alchemist, But! As you say "Until larger coils are available for the Z"
It might be worth keeping and using your 4500/5000 and use the 18" or 20" monos on them  until they bring out the 20" Gpzed coil.
The object is still to get the deepest nuggets with whatever means available right now.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks JP and happy birthday.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:INCREDIBLE.

People are supposedly screaming out for information, and when some is put up, the first replies are more criticisms.

T02

Not criticism Pete, just observations.

We already have detectors that could ping that nugget, albeit with a bigger coil.

The production of the rumoured 20 inch round for the GPZ will no doubt change all that !
Please bring it on Minelab !

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 pm

T02

It's called discussion Sandy, why do you call it criticism? Point out where he has been criticized. Aren't we allowed to have a point of view? If someone points out that a 20" mono maybe, would have found it as well, isn't that discussing the issue? It's looking like the GPZed with the 20" coil is going to be the new top dog, and that is great. But it ain't out yet, is it? You are the one who quickly criticizes and jumps down the throat of anyone who has a different point of view than yours.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:22 pm

slimpickens wrote:

T02

It's called discussion Sandy, why do you call it criticism? Point out where he has been criticized. Aren't we allowed to have a point of view? If someone points out that a 20" mono maybe, would have found it as well, isn't that discussing the issue? It's looking like the GPZed with the 20" coil is going to be the new top dog, and that is great. But it ain't out yet, is it? You are the one who quickly criticizes and jumps down the throat of anyone who has a different point of view than yours.    

Discussion is;

"Hey JP. Do you think a bigger coil would have got that on the 5000? Would a 20" have pinged it?"

Criticism is;

"I'm tipping that the GPX5000 with a 16 or 20 inch round mono would have pinged it fairly easily ?? Bigger coil I know, but still would have got it."

"Maybe if he had used the full potential of the 5000 and wacked on what is available for it ie: 18" mono or 20" mono you would have got it."

You are criticising discussing something with a person who has forgotten more about detectors and their abilities than most people know. We all have a point of view, so maybe we need to put it in a way that promotes discussion. I wonder if the EMI would have beaten the coils suggested (you saw it for yourself as he tuned a few times) and if so, I wonder if the larger coil would have performed worse because of it? I told myself I was going to stay out of the rot that happens every time a new machine comes out, and it looks like I broke the promise I made to myself, but that can be rectified.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RAH Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks JP its just the sort of info we all like to  see.
The silent majority viewing such threads really do appreciate your generous sharing of knowledge.

Thank you , Richard
RAH
RAH
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:28 pm

The problem is slim people will be even more cynical and sceptical if and when a new 20 inch coil is released based on the goings on of the past month or so.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
slimpickens wrote:

T02

Discussion is;

"Hey JP. Do you think a bigger coil would have got that on the 5000? Would a 20" have pinged it?"

Criticism is;

"I'm tipping that the GPX5000 with a 16 or 20 inch round mono would have pinged it fairly easily ?? Bigger coil I know, but still would have got it."

"Maybe if he had used the full potential of the 5000 and wacked on what is available for it ie: 18" mono or 20" mono you would have got it."

You are criticising discussing something with a person who has forgotten more about detectors and their abilities than most people know. We all have a point of view, so maybe we need to put it in a way that promotes discussion. I wonder if the EMI would have beaten the coils suggested (you saw it for yourself as he tuned a few times) and if so, I wonder if the larger coil would have performed worse because of it? I told myself I was going to stay out of the rot that happens every time a new machine comes out, and it looks like I broke the promise I made to myself, but that can be rectified.

Yep, JP is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, it's little wonder he doesn't post on many forums anymore.

If some of you guy's are so concerned about results/capabilities on the 7000 and there seems to be a good group of you why don't you all throw in some money as a group, buy a 7000, go out perform your own tests with whatever combination/settings you want to run.
Direct your criticsm and questions toward Minelab, as far as i am aware it's not JP's responsibility to get around all the forums answering to all the fence sitters, whingers that can't afford it and every other wanker out there not happy.

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  PaddyWack Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 pm

I love reading all this stuff!

I've never been so amp'd to get out for a swing! Zed's gunna get a floggin!

Hurry up and finish Friday!

PaddyWack
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  PaddyWack Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 pm

And I know one thing for sure, I would have walked straight over that nugget with my 5000..

PaddyWack
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Maybe if we used this or maybe if we used that,the 5000 would have got it? Me thinks one maybe's to many.Was not the video clear enough? Is it not enough JP's shown/made the comparison between the 2 Coils/detectors on an un-dug gold target?
Discussion,cynicism,criticism,call it what you's want,but from what I saw in the video,the GPZ 7000,clearly exceeded the GPX 5000,in signal response.End of story.
I'm quite surprised after what people like JP,Reno Chris & Steve Herschbach (all with a wealth of knowledge in the metal detecting game),have been put through the last couple of weeks,they end up going out of their way,to post at all?
Ask honest questions and you'll be given straight answers. Ask in a way that discredits one's character,through cynicism,criticism & innuendo will only bring about arguments and negative response.
Thanks for the video update & detector comparison JP.

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:  
Discussion is;

Criticism is;

"I'm tipping that the GPX5000 with a 16 or 20 inch round mono would have pinged it fairly easily ?? Bigger coil I know, but still would have got it." An opinion

"Maybe if he had used the full potential of the 5000 and wacked on what is available for it ie: 18" mono or 20" mono you would have got it." A personal observation and opinion.

I'm not discussing or directing anything at JP, I was discussing what was shown on the video by JP, but it could have been anyone's video, with the members of this gold discussing forum. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Let's not forget that it wasn't JP who put up this video on this forum, it was a member, so why would I ask questions to somebody who isn't even here?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm

For crying out loud,....... you Aussies....... I don't know,...... you never let a bloody chance go by eh.....................?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZSSYqHYjxY&list=RDyZSSYqHYjxY
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Troopy wrote:
Discussion is;

Direct your criticsm and questions toward Minelab, as far as i am aware it's not JP's responsibility to get around all the forums answering to all the fence sitters, whingers that can't afford it and every other wanker out there not happy.

I'm sorry, who are you to be calling members "fence sitters, whingers that can't afford it and every other wanker"?
I've tried to find one single topic you have started, and I found......... none.
Why don't you get off the fence and post something relevant. Have you found any gold? Ever? Then why haven't you posted it in Members Finds? Are you too good for this forum?
I can afford to buy it with just some of the gold I've found and displayed on this forum, wanker. So keep you pathetic criticisms to yourself until you walk the walk, talk is cheap.
You have been a member since 2009 and yet in over 6 years you haven't been able to string ten words together and put a up a single topic on gold or detectors, or anything, not one! What a wanker.
How does it feel to be called a wanker by someone you don't even know? Doesn't feel good does it?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi everyone
I just finished watching the video 
Yes I could just hear the faint sound with 5000, JP said the 5000 only heard it because he knew the sound was there....but it certainly wouldn't have pulled me up and say Dig Me ! Dig me! .
Yet the 7000 would.
Well that's my thoughts.

Thankyou JP .... Very much appreciate your video.

Last edited by Jen58 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Shocked  Fellas,this thread is starting to stray & getting a bit out of hand. Could we please stay on the main topic.

Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Pay no heed to him Harry.......it's as obvious he's just another xhit stirrer, might've had a bad night on the turps or something

T21

whoops sorry Kon T14
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 pm

slimpickens wrote:
Troopy wrote:
Discussion is;

I'm sorry, who are you to be calling members "fence sitters, whingers that can't afford it and every other wanker"?
I've tried to find one single topic you have started, and I found......... none.
Why don't you get off the fence and post something relevant. Have you found any gold? Ever? Then why haven't you posted it in Members Finds? Are you too good for this forum?
I can afford to buy it with just some of the gold I've found and displayed on this forum, wanker. So keep you pathetic criticisms to yourself until you walk the walk, talk is cheap.
You have been a member since 2009 and yet in over 6 years you haven't been able to string ten words together and put a up a single topic on gold or detectors, or anything, not one! What a wanker.
How does it feel to be called a wanker by someone you don't even know? Doesn't feel good does it?

Yes, sorry i forgot you have to have thousands of posts against your name before you become an expert, your comments have been taken on board though for future reference Laughing

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Back to the topic at hand......
Some are saying it takes a bit of time to get used to the Z.
I noticed that the response was quite wide and there appears to be a bit of a "lag" in the audio.
Maybe to do with the DOD coil configuration, I think that would take a bit to get used to.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't think JP could run a larger coil due to the EMI however the ground was fairly benign so maybe a more powerful timing could be used. I think a combo of low mineralisation and high EMI is where this new machine excels.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! Empty -thank-you-jonathan

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Well it's great to see some video and abit of head to head against the 5k Very Happy Hopefully their is more to come, Thanks for posting up Alchemist, and thanks for the vid JP. As an after thought the remainder of my post should not have been placed on this thread, it was not intentional, sorrry JP and Alchemist, will post it on another thread Smile

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : half of conversation in wrong spot.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks JP for putting the video up on Youtube, I am looking forward to getting out on the weekend again with our new machine.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinger Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Bloodgold2,
Looking forward to what you blokes think.
Cheers,
Swinger
Swinger
Swinger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AU anonymous Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Good video. Thanks JP for taking the time.
Undertaker–I don't understand how everyone seems to forget that the bigger the coil the more EMI. It just makes it even harder to pick out those faint deeper sounds.

AU anonymous
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next