Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Jonathan !

+17
Swinger
slimpickens
Basada
goldnomad
spinna
Peteren
AU anonymous
Undertaker
kon61
PaddyWack
Troopy
thegoldman24
RAH
tricky 1
Qld Sandy
AraratGold
alchemist
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you Jonathan !

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Yes good video JP

What I don't understand is why compare the gpx 5000 with a 15"x12" coil when the gpz 7000 has a 14" coil. V19

Would be better to use a 14" round mono with the 5000 don't you think...? 

That way the test of the two detectors would fair....!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:51 pm

alchemist wrote:
I noticed that the response was quite wide and there appears to be a bit of a "lag" in the audio.

The lag is possibly a by-product of the cordless tech used for the remote speaker

Look up latency in regard to WiFi for some comprehensive info
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:54 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:Yes good video JP

What I don't understand is why compare the gpx 5000 with a 15"x12" coil when the gpz 7000 has a 14" coil. V19

Would be better to use a 14" round mono with the 5000 don't you think...? 

That way the test of the two detectors would fair....!!!

Which ever way you look at it UNCLE BOB the GPX5000 has either mono coils or DD coils and the GPZ7000 has the Super D 14" coil and there are no coils in the older detectors like that so it can only ever be a subjective test and not totally objective.

In my book the 15"x12" commander mono is as close as Minelab have in size to the 14" Super D coil on the new machine.

We can discuss for ever that the comparisons should be with Nuggetfinder or Coiltek or Detec coils, but that is our job to try these coils out not necessarily Minelabs job.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:00 pm

AU anonymous wrote:Good video. Thanks JP for taking the time.
Undertaker–I don't understand how everyone seems to forget that the bigger the coil the more EMI. It just makes it even harder to pick out those faint deeper sounds.

T04  I agree with you AU anonymous, also what was said on the Minelab Video about the 15"x12" Comander coil is the closest coil that Minelab have to the 14" DOD coil and I have personally seen what this coil is capable of on the 5000 in the right hands of a good operator. So IMHO there was nothing wrong with the way Jonathan conducted his test on an undug target.
If I was to do the same test I probably would have used my 14" NFA round coil, but these coils are a totally different configuration to one another and the technology is also different.  IMHO
Thanks alchemist for posting and thanks to J.P. For the Video.  

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:04 pm

T10  Now that I am home, and can read all these posts better. ( phone makes it hard on my eyes)
   Members are still getting touchy with one another..
Not good!

How can anyone show you a utube vid that you all would see as believable..? V19

It's just another detector..
Yes it's expensive. 
Yes it's damn heavy!!
you all want to see it prove itself for the cost.. 
But more importantly you want to know if in fact it goes deeper!!!! Right????? 
Well so do we all.

We keep reading on this forum. Also others. All the negative stuff.
The arguments, the disagreements.

I told Mike to go sell the bloody thing! As I was also getting stressed about it as well...
I said it may not find anything. We would end up Having a detector sitting there and doing nothing..
Especially when we hear of 4 second hand gpz7000 detectors already being resold again.

And due to Mike ending up in hospital from dehydration, he couldn't do anything, but read all this negative crap! 
So yes he almost agreed with me.. 
Now that he is feeling better we managed to get out for a few hours.
He will share what we found on a new thread soon.

For those of you that think this machine is going to suck big nuggets out of the ground everywhere you go, or on your old patches..even if you found deep gold there before ... Don't buy it!!! You still have to put in the hard yards and work slow.
The gold has to be there in the ground.. Not all ground is as deep as you may think it is!
Your not going to find deep gold, if it's not there!
So if you think you are going to be fifthly rich in a few days or a week from owning one.. Your wrong!
It's going to take hard work! 
Unless you are a tinny bum! Rolling Eyes

Also for those of you that aren't sure, find someone you know that has one, ask if they will let you try it.

My rant is over.. I hate the way most members are making me feel, due to this detector.. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Peteren wrote:
alchemist wrote:
I noticed that the response was quite wide and there appears to be a bit of a "lag" in the audio.

The lag is possibly a by-product of the cordless tech used for the remote speaker

Look up latency in regard to WiFi for some comprehensive info

Good thought Peteren.
I totally missed that part.
I read somewhere that the back end of the Z is basically a 5000 so there shouldn't be any latency in the signal processing. Yep wireless makes perfect sense, and it's not that marked anyway.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Sobering post Jen
Read a post over at Steve Herschbach's forum today where he reminises over his early days when Finders was the place, and how He and Hakey, Patches, and JP and others got engrossed in detecting discussions, but now it's just a shell of a has bean....... I hope it never happens to this forum.

i've not posted much over the years but pop by at least every week and see what's happening, learnt a lot off some real knowledagble blokes kind enough to share for all the world to see.

This new machine has been tough on the nerves all right
V45

Maybe I'll take the day off the forums tomorrow and watch the Kiwis give the Aussies a hiding at Eden Park V04

Last edited by alchemist on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making sense?)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Great post Jen
I am disappointed with the way the forum is headed.
Some seasoned members have on numerous occasions made their point.
At this stage perhaps they need to chill out and pull their head in.
Otherwise few will post their opinion on the Z.
I know I have been reluctant!
spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 pm

I posted yesterday telling members my thoughts after using the Zed. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. If you don't want the true facts then don't read the posts.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 am

Jen58 wrote::

For those of you that think this machine is going to suck big nuggets out of the ground everywhere you go, or on your old patches..even if you found deep gold there before ... Don't buy it!!! You still have to put in the hard yards and work slow.
The gold has to be there in the ground.. Not all ground is as deep as you may think it is!
Your not going to find deep gold, if it's not there!
So if you think you are going to be fifthly rich in a few days or a week from owning one.. Your wrong!
It's going to take hard work! 
Unless you are a tinny bum! Rolling Eyes

Also for those of you that aren't sure, find someone you know that has one, ask if they will let you try it.

My rant is over.. I hate the way most members are making me feel, due to this detector.. Evil or Very Mad

Jen, that is one of the best pieces of advice I've seen written on the subject of the 7000 cheers

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:38 am

alchemist wrote:

Maybe I'll take the day off the forums tomorrow and watch the Kiwis give the Aussies a hiding at Eden Park V04

Careful AlC or there will be another bunfight on here!!! Razz Razz Razz

Good move by the Oz selectors to drop Bailey and not Watson

Sorry Admin, Off topic but I had to defend the island off the coast of NZ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:36 am

I don't care how big it is or how small it is. It,s all gold to me. Depth has nothing to do with it even so this detector seems to be pulling nuggets from reasonable depth. The point I am making is the 7000 is seeing gold the other detectors have not seen and missed. That's it in a nut shell. Why? Who cares as long as the gold keeps coming! After using this detector I am not going back to the 5000 ever. Minelab will bring out other coil sizes in time. Remember back to the SD2000 release. The trouble with the garbage tin lid coil and the recall of them leaving you with the small mono. That release was a big leap in technology but it had its hiccups. Time to Chill and all will be fine in detector world. Rolling Eyes

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Even this video has been scrutinised  , this from an overseas forum :---

I'm not so sure the GPX doesn't pick up something here. If you look closely, JP runs the coil of the GPZ 7000 over a small white stone when he gets the signal. When he runs the GPX over the same ground the white stone is only close to the coil at the very beginning and end of the footage and there is a faint sound. At other times he moves well away from it so of course there is no signal. Would also have been interesting to see the GPX signal once a bit of ground was cleared with the pick.

I can't see it ' can you  ?
Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Jack outwest wrote:Even this video has been scrutinised  , this from an overseas forum :---

I'm not so sure the GPX doesn't pick up something here. If you look closely, JP runs the coil of the GPZ 7000 over a small white stone when he gets the signal. When he runs the GPX over the same ground the white stone is only close to the coil at the very beginning and end of the footage and there is a faint sound. At other times he moves well away from it so of course there is no signal. Would also have been interesting to see the GPX signal once a bit of ground was cleared with the pick.

I can't see it ' can you  ?
Jack .

Do you mean, this little ol stone Jack? White rock, White stone?
Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Clampe12Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Frog10

Nah, couldn't be.....could it? Hmmm? Back to the video tape!

I always believed, and still do that there was a shooter in the grassy knoll. Which....... is neither here nor there.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm

slimpickens wrote:[
Do you mean, this little ol stone Jack? White rock, White stone?
[Nah, couldn't be.....could it?  Hmmm? Back to the video tape!

I always believed, and still do that there was a shooter in the grassy knoll. Which....... is neither here nor there.

Your good Slim ' Nah couldn't be  V07

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Empty -thank-you-jonathan

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Jack, mate with all respect, i think you also have a vested interested with your dry gold wheel verses other methods of finding gold.From memory you were telling members they will find more with your machine than a detector.Mate i sincerely wish you all the best with that product, patent and sales.And if your still not swinging a detector, I suggest you take a back seat, with all respect bud. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:21 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Jack, mate with all respect, i think you also have a vested interested with your dry gold wheel verses other methods of finding gold.From memory you were telling members they will find more with your machine than a detector.Mate i sincerely wish you all the best with that product, patent and sales.And if your still not swinging a detector, I suggest you take a back seat, with all respect bud. Smile  

Dave I'm shocked that's coming from you , the gold churn is on hold ' so no vested interest exists .

My input on this detector is what is the real deal regarding performance , at $10,700 it should be able to withstand  the many questions that are now arising .

Regards
jack
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinger Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Bloodgold,

I googled 'dry gold wheel' only to see what a huge competitor that was to Minelab. Not!!!!!!

Seriously, you and the crew are top notch. If only we could get you guys, JP and a gun in Vic and NSW together I reckon we could put together a high quality production. Real gold finders. Something sellable to the US and Euro markets. We can shoot the camera crew after they have done their work so that they don't disclose your good spots.

In Australia we have Minelab, Bruce Candy, JP, Goldhound, Jack out West, the 7000 and the rest of us. It's like the perfect storm. Maybe we should capitalise on this.

PM me if your interested in discussing this further.

Swinger
Swinger
Swinger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Jack, mate with all respect, i think you also have a vested interested with your dry gold wheel verses other methods of finding gold.From memory you were telling members they will find more with your machine than a detector.Mate i sincerely wish you all the best with that product, patent and sales.And if your still not swinging a detector, I suggest you take a back seat, with all respect bud. Smile  

Dave I'm shocked that's coming from you , the gold churn is on hold ' so no vested interest exists .

My input on this detector is what is the real deal regarding performance , at $10,700 it should be able to withstand  the many questions that are now arising .

Regards
jack
Hi Jack, like I said mate, with all respect Smile didn't realize your project was on hold, thats no good, and like I said wish you all the best with that endeavour Smile Now that we will have one in our hands we will give our personal view and i will say even before we leave, we have no affilations with anybody, and will tell it as we find it.Hopefully it will be as per advertised, but we will see, and yes mate I also reckon it is way to much to bloody pay for a detector. Sorry if I have upset you bud but it just looked like you were shooting down anything about the machine.And yes my thoughts are still undecided, yet i want to see and trial for ourselves. I will be running the 5k with 14inch mono verses the 7k and hopefully our vid will not attract so much criticism Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Good luck.. BG2
Hope you do well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Jack, like I said mate, with all respect Smile didn't realize your project was on hold, thats no good, and like I said wish you all the best with that endeavour Smile Now that we will have one in our hands we will give our personal view and i will say even before we leave, we have no affilations with anybody, and will tell it as we find it.Hopefully it will be as per advertised, but we will see, and yes mate I also reckon it is way to much to bloody pay for a detector. Sorry if I have upset you bud but it just looked like you were shooting down anything about the machine.And yes my thoughts are still undecided, yet i want to see and trial for ourselves. I will be running the 5k with 14inch mono verses the 7k and hopefully our vid will not attract so much criticism Smile

Thanks for your kind words Dave .

I do look forward to your team testing it , what ever outcome your video shows I know you will not holdback the facts !
Wish you score heaps of gold with the 7000 , I know you will with your 4500's & 5000's   Very Happy

Your mate
jack
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Jack, like I said mate, with all respect Smile didn't realize your project was on hold, thats no good, and like I said wish you all the best with that endeavour Smile Now that we will have one in our hands we will give our personal view and i will say even before we leave, we have no affilations with anybody, and will tell it as we find it.Hopefully it will be as per advertised, but we will see, and yes mate I also reckon it is way to much to bloody pay for a detector. Sorry if I have upset you bud but it just looked like you were shooting down anything about the machine.And yes my thoughts are still undecided, yet i want to see and trial for ourselves. I will be running the 5k with 14inch mono verses the 7k and hopefully our vid will not attract so much criticism Smile

Thanks for your kind words Dave .

I do look forward to your team testing it , what ever outcome your video shows I know you will not holdback the facts !
Wish you score heaps of gold with the 7000 , I know you will with your 4500's & 5000's   Very Happy

Your mate
jack
Hi Jack, it's all good bud,Smile yep carn't wait to try them out head to head, even if it was only to satiisify our personal findings. But that will not be the case and will show all our vid,hope we find gold lol! but yeah quietly confident we will do ok. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 am

Good luck BG2 and I hope you find the Motherlode bud. Very Happy Sounds like the GPZ works very well up your end of the country. V37

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 am

My thoughts, and my thoughts only (and I could be totally wrong here), the GPZ14"DODcoil is essentially 2x DD coils and hence I hypothesizes that the field may in fact be like a DD's wedge shape rather than a mono's cone shape, hence it would probably be fairer to compare a 16"mono against the 14DOD, to try and somewhat equalise the diagonal area covered.

Of course I could be making no sense at all anyway...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Empty Thank you Jonathan

Post  papoutsi Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:53 am

Would of been interested to hear target with 5000 in enhanced to get rid of ground noise and better still . Running in normal . I got to use 7000 yesterday yes its quieter but felt like it didn't give you any information of ground like five does . It's heavy uncomfortable on arm if having to lift but if pushing it's fine. You will find gold with it no doubt as it did yesterday but is it better than 5000 in my opinion no . But l think 5000 is a bit complicated for many to use and get full benefit of, where 7000 seems a lot easier to set up and go. Is it worth 10,700 in my eyes no l still think the 5000 will beat it easily. But this is the first of new technology so it's exciting what will come in the future. And those of you here that take offence to anything against minelab l am not having ago at minelab or JP ad l use minelab l am just speaking from my experience , it's an opinion that's all. Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 pm

papoutsi wrote:Would of been interested to hear target with 5000 in enhanced to get rid of ground noise and better still . Running in normal . I got to use 7000 yesterday yes its quieter but felt like it didn't give you any information of ground like five does . It's heavy uncomfortable on arm if having to lift but if pushing it's fine. You will find gold with it no doubt as it did yesterday but is it better than 5000 in my opinion no . But l think 5000 is a bit  complicated for many to use and get full benefit of, where 7000 seems a lot easier to set up and go. Is it worth 10,700  in my eyes no l still think the 5000 will beat it easily. But this is the first of new technology so it's exciting what will come in the future.  And those of you here that take offence to anything against minelab l am not having ago at minelab or JP ad l use minelab l am just speaking from my experience , it's an opinion that's all. Pap
Hi Pap
If we don't give our honest opinions.. Who will? 
Like I said I am still 50/50 about this new machine.
I don't want to talk anyone into buying one, just because we were lucky to find what we did.
It still hasn't really proven itself to me.
Our son.. Who most of you know is very good at what he does, is still disappointed with his 7000, all he is finding is shot pellets. He has put the hours in with it too affraid He has found gold with it.. Sdc2300 size
Oh and plenty of rust!

But I also don't want to talk anyone out of buying one.
I think really minelab should let the dealers have a test unit, so people can try before they buy V58
After all if this machine does what they say it will.. They have nothing to hide.. Or Have they?

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 pm

papoutsi wrote:Would of been interested to hear target with 5000 in enhanced to get rid of ground noise and better still . Running in normal . I got to use 7000 yesterday yes its quieter but felt like it didn't give you any information of ground like five does . It's heavy uncomfortable on arm if having to lift but if pushing it's fine. You will find gold with it no doubt as it did yesterday but is it better than 5000 in my opinion no . But l think 5000 is a bit  complicated for many to use and get full benefit of, where 7000 seems a lot easier to set up and go. Is it worth 10,700  in my eyes no l still think the 5000 will beat it easily. But this is the first of new technology so it's exciting what will come in the future.  And those of you here that take offence to anything against minelab l am not having ago at minelab or JP ad l use minelab l am just speaking from my experience , it's an opinion that's all. Pap
I am in the middle of uploading a video we did yesterday with the 5000 and the 7000 I will post the video as soon as it is available affraid
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Good vid JP and proves what I said on this forum that the Zed sees gold the other detectors don't see.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Thank you Jonathan ! - Page 2 Empty gpz 7000 manual

Post  papoutsi Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Basada you think maybe the gain could of been increased on the 5000 a little maybe to 15 or 16 and a round 14 inch mono used ? My 5000 would hear that 7 Grammer like an old man crying over dropped cake.  Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2