Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold

2 posters

Go down

Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold  Empty Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold

Post  Show Me The Gold Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 pm

As you can tell im a noob at this in fact my first pan is still on its way. What i was hoping for was if any of you guys knew of any places in sydney to pan for gold, so as top get some experience up before going further a feild.
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold  Empty Re: Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold

Post  Show Me The Gold Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Also any helpful hints or tips would also be appreciated
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold  Empty Re: Are there any places in sydney to pan/ detect for gold

Post  Chimpy Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 am

G'day

You won't find gold around Sydney but you will to the south, to the west over the Blue Mountains and further to the north. Google Sydney Metallogenic Map 1:500000, this will show you the gold bearing areas. Then research, research, research. Google is your friend Very Happy

If you want to learn and practice panning I suggest shaving a few bits of lead off a sinker and drop them in a pan full of gravel. Keep at it until you get the lead back each time and you're ready to go for the good stuff. There are some helpfull youtube vids that may give you a few tips.

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks Chimpy

Appreciate the reply mate yeah been on youtube lol been watching videos by nqexplorers mate kinda what got me into this and im doing as much research as i can now thanks for the tip with the ma going to look at it now
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down