Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth)

4 posters

Go down

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth) Empty Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth)

Post  Goldfields Explorer Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Howdy to all out there,
Tell me who out there has had any better luck with these nugget tech coils?
Some are saying they are better becoz they dont get bump sensitive.
My Gp 3500 doesnt get that unless stormy cloudy weather anyhow, So i want to see who out there
Has these nugget tech coils. As i think coil tek is well made fine coils money can buy.
Let me know what your thoughts are if you own or used one of these nugget tech coils
Cheers from the Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth) Empty nuggetech coils

Post  tirp56 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm

g,day mate,yes i have got a nuggettech coi,it is the 8"x6",and i have used it a few times,but i found it very bump sesitive.but in saying that i found that it had very good depth penetration for its size, i think they will go really good on pipe clay though cheers al

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth) Empty Hi mate

Post  Goldfields Explorer Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi there, yes i was just wondering who was using the nugget tech coils.
so far it doesnt look like many are buying them ,I know I will stick with coiltek
For me i have great luck with them and well made aussie company.
I heard a story told to one my friends about nugget tech sayin they are the ducks Nuts
I cant say i believed the story unless i see it for myself , Hey thanks ya comment
Good to know some out there have tried them cheers ...GFE
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth) Empty Re: Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth)

Post  Wedge Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 pm

I have a Nugget Tech Dingo 18.5x12 and I am happy with it. It appears to be well made, is not bump sensitive and is reasonably light (831 grams - about the same as a Minelab 11" Mono).

To be honest I have only found a few pieces with it, but then again I haven't been out much this year, so for the amount of time it has spent on my detector I think the Nugget Tech is doing well.

Wedge
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth) Empty Re: Lots Talk About Nugget Tech Coils (whats The Truth)

Post  granite2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm

A lot of so-called Bump Sensitivety is simply a loose coil connection nut and/or a loosely wound and unattached coil cord. When we ran Coiltek we saw this problem many times with all brands of coils. Coiltek coils are no more bump sensitive than any other brand despite being branded as such, mostly by one eyed fans of other coils. Although there have been a few with manufacturing faults causing this sensitivity these were always swapped for a replacement coil at no cost.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down