Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

evo coils latest tech for coils

4 posters

Go down

evo coils latest tech for coils Empty evo coils latest tech for coils

Post  yellowmellow Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:25 am

hi all are these the evo coils regarded as the latest in tecknology for coils are there going to be a new release of monos coils this year 2019 or is the evo the way to go for now please let me know thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

evo coils latest tech for coils Empty Re: evo coils latest tech for coils

Post  joe82 Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm

I believe they are that's all I use on my 5000 unless these new x coils turn out to be the ducks nuts mabie davsgold could shine some light on these coils for the gpx detectors

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

any further opinions
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Only my opinion here fellas & before putting anything concrete up, I need a little more time testing. If wound to proper spec (suiting the various type/model PI unit) & properly sealed in their housing, this new spiral form of winding, will be the next jump in coil advancement.  What I have seen so far, is that a spirally wound coil, has the sensitivity of a mono coil, with the running characteristics of a DD. They ground balance well, run smoothly over a majority of ground type/conditions & achieve in ground depths over positive targets, superior to that of all coils of the same size before them. Promising to say the least. cheers
Not just in X-coils Joe, but I do believe Detech Australia, were the first to introduce them here, for the Minelab PI units. Nugget Finder or Coiltek will soon be releasing spiral wound coils of their own & hopefully we'll all get a far better Idea as to their performance characteristics.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Tim heres some info from Nugget Finder in regards to normal bundle wound coils (Advantage) vs the newer release flat or spiral wound coils (Evo):
https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/spiral-wound-coils
A few companies already have spiral wound coils on the market such as the NF Evo, Coiltek Elite & Detech Ultra Sensing & they are an improvement in sensitivity on the normal bundle wound mono coils but this can also mean more susceptibility to ground noise so you may need to lower your gain a bit + adjust the stabiliser to suit.
The new X Coils will need to be good to better what's already available?

Nugget Finder are releasing a new type of DD (DD XSearch - 15", 19" & 25") coil this year that reportedly will improve the use of Normal timing in mineralised ground. If your after good depth in ground that troubles mono coils these may be the ticket.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Can't agree more with you're write up there mbasko. I just wish the same options of spiral wound coils were available from Coiltek/Nugget Finder for the GPZ 7000 today. For as it currently stands, the new spiral wound "X Coils" designed specifically for the GPZ 7000, are unsurpassable in terms of sensitivity as well as depth, over all/any positive gold or junk targets.
Like all newly designed/made coils though, the problem lies not in the extra few inches depth they're achieving over that of their counterpart Minelab GPZ coils, but finding gold sitting, within those extra few inches depth.  Shocked  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am

any further information please
yellowmellow