Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie first post, testing over weekend

4 posters

Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty Newbie first post, testing over weekend

Post  redrat222 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi All. i'd like to say I enjoy this forum and I have learned heaps since joining. I have just purchased an Ismael modded sd2000 from everhopeful and did some detecting with it over the long weekend over at the Pines on lake Eildon. Was just practicing and using it in VCO with an 11inch Super Goldsearch coil. Was able to find a nail driven straight into the clay at aprox 8 inches easily, as well as a lot of ringpulls off cans etc very easily. Didn't find anything deeper than that but the signal was extremely strong.As you would expect there was no Gold just a lot of rubbish. Mnaged to find a pair of pliers and an axe though! Also tried in Chanel 2 and was also easy to use. Don't know if I ground balanced properly or not but it was easy to tell a signal. Hope to keep reading on this forum. Cheers.

redrat222
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-18

http://rjoh0043@spin.net.au

Back to top Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty Newbie First Post, Testing over Weekend

Post  AnnieL Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Welcome redrat222. It's all a learning curve. (I am relatively new to forum too).

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty Re: Newbie first post, testing over weekend

Post  piston broke Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Welcome redrat222, glad your enjoying this great hobby. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty Re: Newbie first post, testing over weekend

Post  getascripter Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey there redrat222 ... Me too!! I have a modded 2000 and am really beginning to 'know it' Very Happy

It's going to take a while before I'm fully up to scratch ... and more time until I find enough of the 'magic gold stuff' to finally afford the great GPX .... but it WILL happen! I am determined of that!!! affraid
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty newbie first post testing over weekend

Post  redrat222 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks. Folks for your replies. Getascripter I am planning to come to SA in September for the month. I see there's no need to get miners licence there. Is there any good places to camp where one can go detecting for gold? Thanks. Rat.

redrat222
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey redrat222 ... I'm still discovering places to go myself Very Happy SA has a bit of a problem with making detectorists welcome ... however, that being said, I'm sure we can find a few places for you to go!

Keep in touch and I will be happy to share some info on places that I've been ... at the moment I seem to always be headed over to VIC.

Thank goodness I've been able to keep the footy off of the talking agenda!!! affraid
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Newbie first post, testing over weekend Empty newbie first post testing over weekend

Post  redrat222 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

.Hey Geta. Do you go for Crows or Port?

Who modded your sd2000? Mine has 5 switch positions on the on /off switch, How about you?
I found on weekend it was hard detecting without machine falling over when I put it down to dig. Do you have this problem? I'm going to make some sort of A frame that fits on the shaft(out of plastic) so that it doesn't fall over every time you put it down.
Ended up the end where coil fits in came loose and turned around on its own. Not good. Cheers.

redrat222
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 pm

SD2000,3 Barrie Johnson upgrades.
Came with the following:
3 coils/ 1 x 11 inch dd,2 x 8 inch monos, 1 of the 8 inch coils has a dickie lead,new battery,new 8mm bungy,late model harness,2 x lower shafts,car and home charger,curly lead,cablething coil lead stabilizer,head phones,barrie johnson booster speaker,sd 2000 manual,barrie johnson sheet of specs for upgrade.very clean unit.

LOLOL I've got buttons & switches everywhere! Have pm you a link to see

PS I'm a Power supporter ... my partner is a Crows supporter affraid
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down