Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie post, mid range gps

3 posters

Go down

newbie post, mid range gps Empty newbie post, mid range gps

Post  ozzyjock Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:49 am

Hi there, as stated i'm a novice at detecting and using a gps , i am looking for something that can plot multiple waypoints is mid range in price and fairly easy to use.
Forgot to mention it cant be too delicate as i'm a bit heavy handed, interested to see what other people would recommend.
thanks in advance.

ozzyjock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

newbie post, mid range gps Empty Re: newbie post, mid range gps

Post  goldchaser Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Theres lots out there ozzy,i reckon garmin are the pick of the bunch personally,dont know what ya call midrange but handheld we use the extrex 10's,very small and basic,a bit over $100 does everything needed for me and ya dont notice it in ya pocket,if i leave it in the bush somewhere or smash it im only $100 out of pocket,dont think it takes maps ya need the 20 or 30 for that?
Also have a garmin oregon mounted and wired on the quad,its even easier to use being touchscreen and has basic maps standard,its awsome but a bit bigger and $500 plus i think,whatever ya get run the lithium batteries in it they last heaps longer and carry spares.........

PS: them little extrexs take a bit of abuse also....

Last edited by goldchaser on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blanla)
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm with Goldchaser, Garmin Etrex 10 are solid and easy to use. I've got 2 of them. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:48 pm

piston broke wrote:I'm with Goldchaser, Garmin Etrex 10 are solid and easy to use. I've got 2 of them. cheers Pete.

Yep good choice, we have the Garmin Etrex30 caus we wanted to be able to have the SD card and extra detailed maps etc.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down