Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera?

3 posters

Go down

Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera? Empty Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera?

Post  Robo Wed May 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I have seen on YouTube that some people mount there digital video cameras onto the shaft's of there detectors while prospecting. My question is if it's safe and that it wouldn't effect the camcorder in any way? I here stories of people having issues when turning on a GPS close to a detector while operating, then results of blown/damaged GPS units.

I'd love to film some of my work while out in the bush however, i don't want to destroy my camcorder in the process.

Any info is welcomed.

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera? Empty Re: Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera?

Post  CostasDee Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Gooday Robo,
I use a camcorder attached to my upper shaft (sounds a bit rude, doen't it?) , and I don't have any issues with it. It is a more modern sort, you know the ones that are more plastic than metal. I do know a buddy of mine had a sturdy older style that was msde with more metal, tough stuff, but it set the detector off anytime he even got anywhere close to it.
Hope that helps a bit...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera? Empty Re: Filming while detecting - Any cautions with machine and camera?

Post  Robo Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply, my main concern was that the detector could damage the camera in any way. I also have a modern camera, where can you buy the holder from?

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey Rob, I bought them off fleebay from Hong Kong if I remember correctly. Cost me from memory about $6 each (I bought 2). Let me know if you need more info.
Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  archcat74 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

This is why GoPros are the perfect camera. Mostly plastic, very light and versatile and a multitudes of mounts available.....

I tried mine the other day with the new wifi remote control and it was so handy cos I never had to cake my hand off the detector!

archcat74
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down