Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting

+3
flyspecks
dno
bowy
7 posters

Go down

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting Empty Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting

Post  bowy Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Hey guys from Mat,

On the recent Laanecoorie weekend, I told Stoppsy and Josh that I would put the details of the camera that I am using on the forum.
It is not the best camera on the market, but it is CHEAP! Only $30.18 plus shipping from Hong Kong. (Registered international airmail for this item is an additional $5.99) You will also need a micro SD card to record your video onto. You can buy a 4Gb SDHC card on ebay delivered for about $6.00. So for around $40.00 you will be set to go! Very Happy

Here are the details of where you can get it:

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17200__HD_Wing_Camera_1280x720p_30fps_5MP_CMOS.html

It charges through a USB port, and you can plug it directly into your tv as a media player also through RCA plugs.
I just tape it to the detector shaft at the join, and get no interference from the detector.

It comes with no manual, but here is a link of how to use it, and some additional features that it has. (Different case, but same camera inside.)

www.foxtechfpv.com/product/rd32%20720P/RD32%20User%20Manual-EN-v1.0.pdf

Here is a youtube video to show the quality of the camera. Watch it in 720p for best results.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRda5444OU

(This video was taken with the guys on the Laanecoorie weekend. ) Very Happy

I hope that this is helpful.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mat. Wink
bowy
bowy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting Empty Re: Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting

Post  dno Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Check out the GO PRO great little camera's.
http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CPy_2ZuewqwCFaiJ4godaiHsqg

These thing are the ducks guts.

dno
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting Empty Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting

Post  flyspecks Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

hi matt..... good to see your on. Very Happy ... hope to see you out in the fields again soon.. that camera you showed us was ok and are looking at getting one soon. cheers Very Happy Very Happy
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting Empty Re: Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Mat,
Great camera and great bit of filming. We have been looking for little cheap camera to use. Would be so much better than still pics.
It's the type of thing we been look'n for. Thanks for info
travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Good little cam that. I use one like this one:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Spy-Cam-Camera-DVR-DV-Camcorder-/250810963933?pt=AU_Security_Equipment&hash=item3a657f97dd

and I find it quite good. It has the mount that I've attached to the stem and the added bonus of an (average) flashlight.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Looks good Matt, The gopro would be the ducks guts!!

Here is what I have been using for a year or more now, got this off ebay for around $30.

Cheap HD (720p) camera good for detecting DSCF4052

I was very surprised with the quality, all of my youtubes are done with this shaft mounted camera.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 pm

GoldstalkerGPX...your setup is a spitting immage of my setup, except mine looks cleaner...obviously less used than yours.. Sad
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Got the same set up as you GoldstalkerGPX, takes good video and stills and even has LED lights for night shots.
The only problem I have with it is you can't see the lights on the buttons when it's sunny, hence you can't tell if you flicked it on for filming or turned it off once you've done.
Still for $30 bucks can't beat it for value.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  goldendream Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:10 am

G'day Mat.Very impressive that little cam for the price.I'm particularly impressed with the sound.I got myself a Contour Roam a couple of months ago,but for over $300, which is ok,but I don't think the sound is anywhere as good as on your cheap cam.Here's a YouTube I shot at Jupiter Creek.Although I have no narrative,you can hear me utter a few words near the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmG8oE7Kkfc
I may get one of your cheapo cams as an extra.Not a bad little unit for that price.....Trev

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-10-08

Back to top Go down