Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12"

3 posters

Go down

COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12" Empty SOLID SKIDS FOR GOLDSTALKERS !

Post  ROCKDOC69 Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi rockdoc.
Thanks for the enquiry.
The short answer is no, we do not currently have a solid skidplate for these coils. However, I am currently working on the tools to create these skid plates and hope to have them ready in around 2-3 weeks. These will just fit straight onto the coil and will work best if the skid tape is used to help hold it on. Of course the fitted plate needs to be removed.

In the mean time you could cut out a shape from some 1mm or so plastic to suit the coil as a temporary fix until we can get you a solid skid. I certainly understand that having a solid skid as an option is the way to go…

Any additions, ensuring it is not metallic in any way, will not hinder the coils performance but just add a little weight.

Regards,
Trevor & The Coiltek Team

COILTEK MANUFACTURING PTY. LTD.
Winner of the Technology Industry Australia's Export Excellence Award 2011

5 Mengel Court, Salisbury South
South Australia, 5106
P: +61 (Cool 8283 0222
F: +61 (Cool 8283 4005
E: trevor.f@coiltekmanufacturing.com.au
W: www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au

The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you cannot use, distribute, disclose or copy any part of this message or its attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of Coiltek Manufacturing Pty Ltd are neither given nor endorsed by it.

Sent: Monday, 16 January 2012 6:06 PM
To: ctmenquiry@coiltekmanufacturing.com.au
Subject: Mono 18"x12" goldstalker

Dear sir/madam,
I have bought a 18” goldstalker, but am getting sick of the sticks getting caught up in the spaces within the coil...(I should of realised this coil is more suited to more open ground). I am happy with its performance as its found some nice small pieces at depth, however want to do something about this issue. I predominantly detect in the Golden triangle and as you now the ground is covered with debris.
Obviously the coil came with factory skid plate, in the shape of the coil.

1. Do you manufacture solid skid plates to cover the base of the coil (ie a smooth solid base) and a ‘top skid plate’ to prevent any dirt from getting in? Ie a ‘sandwich effect’-would this effect the performance?
2. If I Infill the gap with solid non-magnetic material (light wood/plastic etc), would this effect the performance of the coil??
If you do manufacture the solid base skid plates, which distributor has them in stock at the moment?
Regards,
ROCKDOC69
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12" Empty Re: COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12"

Post  nam Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Hope there is one for the 14x9 goldstalker.
nam
nam
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12" Empty Re: COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12"

Post  Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:12 pm

There you go,Trevors responce says it all. Just cut and glue some 1.5mm Lexan sheet onto the base and the top.
The 18 inch Goldstalker has been an awesome coil for me.In the past 18 months it has found me over 100 grammes of Gold and also Twice found the first nugget that led to a rich pocket. If your chasing the small stuff,go for the 14inch Goldstalker or the 10inch Joey.
Sticks caught in the coil is just par for the course,as in any spoked coil without a full skid plate.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:57 pm

[quote="shiraz"]COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12" P1050210

Hi Rockdoc, This cover is made from cutting board plastic sheets from woolworths...... might be a good "stop gap"
One other thing, don't use silicon to stick them on, it doesn't stick, I used Selleys Kwik Grip

Last edited by shiraz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks Shiraz-I know the boards and they would be perfect, lightweight and sturdy!
ROCKDOC69
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

COILTEK GOLDSTALKER ELLIPTICAL MONO COIL 18X12" Empty Happy with the coil

Post  ROCKDOC69 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Finding lots of gold-happy with the coil, seems stable to me,(but this is only my second coil). My other is the 11" mono and that's a beauty..Apparently Marybourough GOLD is getting the solid skids sooner than most stores..
ROCKDOC69
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down