Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White's GMT

+5
russcoit
spidertice
ToadWhisperer
PATCHES JUNIOR
MS
9 posters

Go down

White's GMT Empty White's GMT

Post  MS Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 am

Hi All
As recommended on this forum I purchased a Whites GMT for my partner from Tony Mills , have had it for only a few days and are impressed with it’s sensitivity and ease of use and at around 1200 dollars seems good value for money.
If anyone out there has one, it would be good to gets some tips or related info on best settings with this model and what it can do, as I could not find anything on this forum for this unit.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty Re: White's GMT

Post  PATCHES JUNIOR Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:42 am

I would "GOOGLE" it. But heres one link.

http://www.arizonaoutback.com/gmttest.html

PATCHES JUNIOR
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ToadWhisperer Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:59 am

If you can find a copy, "the Complete Unabridged Zip Zip" is an exceptional book for Goldmaster users. It's out of print but you can still find copies with a little effort.

-Joe

ToadWhisperer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty re whites gmt

Post  spidertice Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:09 pm

hi mate try this link
http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/

Cheers spider
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  russcoit Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Give Tony a ring he said he is selling that many GMT 's it isnt funny Ive thought about it and Im buying one for the misses to work the junk piles its a good way to justify another detector with half the guilt,good choice Cheers Dave
russcoit
russcoit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty Whites GMT detector

Post  aumariner Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 am

Hi everyone,

I am another owner of a new GMT - I am also very new to prospecting - live in Canada on the left coast (central BC).
There is an Alaskan forum that seels detectors and they rate the GMT very high for working in highly mineralized soils. I have only beenout with my unit once and found a nicely rusted six inch nail that was buried about 8" down in the soil. Hope to get lots of time in soon - weather permitting of course Laughing I am not too far from Barkerville and Quesnel - so I know there is gold around, just gotta find it.

Anyway, I look forward to enjoying this site in the future.

Cheers

aumariner

aumariner
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 am

I hear the Whites detectors do quite nicely in BC. I had a look at the soil around some of the leases there in 2004 and 2008. Looks like you get some nice Gold there too. My in-laws recently sold a fantastic property in the region and I regret not getting a chance to detect there.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 am

They are a great detector,and Tony Mills ("Goldsearch Australia") is a great bloke to buy from...i have known him for probably 20 years and worked for him....and he is honest and cares about his customers...AND he has done so much for the PMAV, YOU ALL should support those who support YOU!!

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty Whites GMT

Post  MS Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks for all the replies, re.. the Whites GMT
I tested it out for 2 hrs today at a close goldfield, in an area with heaps of junk targets.
The iron probability meter works well and only dug non Ferris targets.
The unit works well and sensitivity and depth was good, but will take time to get used too and is a totally different beast to the GP 3500.
I won’t try to compare the two and it will be a good unit for my other half to use, that being the reason for the purchase.
Its funny how you get used to the sound and feel of your own machine and I felt a bit like a duck out of water to start with but this unit does work and saves a lot of time digging unwanted iron targets.
And yes I agree Tony Mills is a good bloke to deal with and knows his stuff and would recommend him to all.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty i agree

Post  jackhunter Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

i putting a order in with tony mills as well, i got a quote for the gmt from him and getting a free carry case and a pinpointer and headphones for free.
i so want to find gold, i also hope its good to find coins, got a ace 350 which is finding coins and trash, id on it to tell you its iron, just has notches. i thinking replace the ace 350 with a whites prizm 6t or garrett atp pro. still pondering what machine to get to replace ace 350 for coin hunting. see how gmt goes in the relic areas chasing coins around merredin w.a

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  koldun Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello, I from Russia, use White GMT GOLDMASTER 2 years - is very happy, have found a few gold - the device is made with mind, BUT I consider as a minus that there is no big coil to glance below 30-50 sm in the earth
Also with GMT it is possible to search for gold-sand - that other devices can't
All greetings from Russia

Excuse for transfer - I use the translator computer
koldun
koldun
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

White's GMT Empty gmt

Post  jackhunter Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm

i dissapointed its gain is 4 or 5 and vsat 7, which is what tony put on a note when sent order. he is right, when in coolgardie i had to drop it to 5. put a bottle top on ground and only 5 inches above it the machine found it. i going swimming with gmt next week, i literally got a mild case of frost bite jumping into a cold creek last week with ace 350 after i spotted gold. was annoyed i had no gmt in car at the time.

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down