Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites SST

Go down

Whites SST Empty Whites SST

Post  Grumpybunz Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi guys,
Was hoping for some info on these machines and any info would be most helpfull.
It would be used here in the pilbara just as a nock about and to check piles with.. or areas that i want to dig for recirc high banking.
Thoughts??Question 
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Whites SST Empty Re: Whites SST

Post  Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Cannot find much info about this detector.
It appears to be faily basic so may not be so flash in extreme iron mineralisation.......Depends on how good the Ground tracking/balance is.
I asked Gold search some questions re this detector but have not received a reply yet.

Back to top Go down

Whites SST Empty Re: Whites SST

Post  Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Old post but some info:
-Same gain as the MXT
-Same ground balance as the GMT
-Visual Target ID same display as the M6

Basically described as a simplified MXT but better than a M6.
At 14khz wouldn't expect GMT like results on small gold.
You can use auto tracking to ground balance or switch from salt or normal mode back into "trac off" to run in fixed then flick back to salt or normal to reground balance. The pinpoint trigger function also stops tracking so you don't track out a target if running in auto.
I bought one for shits & giggles for a bit of coin/relic/beach hunting so will see how it goes once I get a chance to use it. Seems pretty good in the backyard Razz Not expecting much on hot ground or for gold, like all VLF's I guess, but was developed by Jimmy Sierra for the hotter West Coast ground in the US & only sold in those states.
Might be ok but for checking piles etc. for small gold I would pay the extra & get a GMT or even a try a SGT which is a watered down GMT that runs the same 48khz frequency.
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/our-products/whites-detectors/sierra-gold-trac.html

Back to top Go down