Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Whites PI

+3
kon61
gold bug sniper
OZDigger1
7 posters

Go down

New Whites PI Empty New Whites PI

Post  OZDigger1 Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 am

A new Whites PI detector is shown here, http://ca.whiteselectronics.com/superpulsepro.html

Seems quite well priced.

Last edited by OZDigger1 on Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct link)

OZDigger1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Back to top Go down

New Whites PI Empty Re: New Whites PI

Post  gold bug sniper Thu May 08, 2014 1:09 am

I noticed on one forum they said the machine was good down to a 2 grain nugget. Not bad for a entry level machine. I would like to see the mfgrs build a professional model pi that would target tiny gold period. I would be a buyer. My gb2 is great but in mineralized soils its depth suffers drastically, a pi setup to target tiny gold would see thru that mineralization and give better depth on tiny stuff.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu May 08, 2014 10:58 am

Couldn't have put it better myself gold bug sniper.Why have Whites,Garret & Fisher,renowned pioneers in the metal detecting game,lie idle for so long,and let Minelab get so far ahead with pulse Induction technology,beats the hell out of me? The technologies always been there from the start.It's not as if they could not have taken PI to different heights many years ago. Here's to wishful thinking. Q11 

Cheers Kon. What a Face  
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Thu May 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I did hear today on the nugget forums that there is possibly a new Fisher pi detector in the works maybe to released in the next few months.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 pm

V23  I hope you're right there gold bug sniper,for as a long time user of Fisher M/Scope products,I have nothing but praise for their past achievements. I like all the rest of us,can only hope for the best & wait in anticipation. cheers 

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu May 08, 2014 6:41 pm

gold bug sniper wrote:I did hear today on the nugget forums that there is possibly a new Fisher pi detector in the works maybe to released in the next few months.

Might be on the market before the behind schedule SDC-2300
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Thu May 29, 2014 11:39 am

Not exactly new more like a relabelled GMT-SuperPulse that came out a few years back intended for the market in Africa, but didn't quite make it and now labelled Sierra Pulse Pro (SPP)............better still now available over here.
Quite remarkable for a low cost  switch on and go PI detector with GB and heaps of coil choices.

However there is a trap for first time SPP PI detector users in that they might think that because it's so light, quiet and dead easy to use it will be a breeze to transit into a more powerfull PI detector.
The SPP is also excellent on an ocean beach, dry sand, moist sand, wet sand, water edge and with (waterproof) coil submersed.......just a steady threshold audio tone without any  Woo Woo near or in the water.......but it does have an affection for detecting thin staple size iron bits, hair pins and 5¢ coins.

With selected coils and steady coil sweep it will detect a 2 grain gold picker with GB at preset mark, as usually used on hot ground.

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 pm

So that is approx 0.14g.
Not bad if the detector can find that in hot ground

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:28 am

Latest news on the Minelab sdc2300 is its release date is July 3rd in the states.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:15 pm

It would be cheeky to do it on the 4 of July lol! lol! lol! 
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 am

I would like to see what that new SPP from Whites can do with a Miner John's 9x5 folded mono coil attached, if it would detect down to a grain size nugget to 2", that little machine would be a bargain for hunting tiny gold in hot ground. I am used to medium hot soils here in Calif and some parts of Nevada, last trip to Majuba area in Nevada I encountered some super hot soils like you have in Australia, wow, my little GB2 had fits there but I managed three pieces to 2.4 grains ea. I found an area with tons of minelab craters from previous digs, yet, there was a lot of little 1.2-2.4 grain nuggets in same area that the gpx's missed. Must have been due to the super hot soil, or running larger coils. We tried our gpx's there but no tiny nugs. Only the GB2 scored there.

I got a buddy that may take the plunge and buy a SPP Whites detector soon. Will have to see what it can do on those tiny nuggets. I recommended to him to buy a Miner John's 9x5 folded mono for the tiny nugget hunting, and a second rechargable battery pack as it eats batts. If anyone in Aussie land has a SPP and has run the 9x5 folded on it, please comment on tiny nugget detection capability???
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:15 pm

SPP and the RB 10x5"F8 coil will do a 0.1g gold picker....... with slow coil movement.

As for battery power, a drop in 4800mAh Li-Ion pack will run the SPP all day.  

New Whites PI P7138052_200

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi, I was hoping you would chime in on this discussion, I saw on another forum where you had gotten a SPP recently, so thanks for the info.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Diver Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in, but could you please point me to the direction of the other forum so I can read the post on the Whites SPP?
I recently bought a Whites MXT (for relics) and I really love it.
I was thinking about the SDC2300, but as I already use a GPX5000, I can't see the value.
I'm in Western Australia, and would love to buy one as a second unit for my wife.
I also beach detect, so any info would be great.

Cheers

GD

Gold Diver
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:07 pm

Gold Diver wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in, but could you please point me to the direction of the other forum so I can read the post on the Whites SPP?
I recently bought a Whites MXT (for relics) and I really love it.
I was thinking about the SDC2300, but as I already use a GPX5000, I can't see the value.
I'm in Western Australia, and would love to buy one as a second unit for my wife.
I also beach detect, so any info would be great.

Cheers

GD

You must be reading my mind goldiver,id love something like sdc-atx as a backup,simple to use but id like the option to use it at beach maybe sometimes,gotta be a bit versatile,atx reports not so good,sdc -one coil only and will it work on beach? Ones way overpriced and the other not far off.
That whites SPP is a bargain but the Tdi seems like one to,so the other day i had a look on youtube and it seams the tdi goes ok on the beach,these machines are cheap and can take minelab coils which most of us have laying around.
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Diver Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 am

I will try to get my hands on one if I can?
Happy to catch up somewhere? Maybe next time you're on the coast?

The SPP is Only $1200, so almost worth the gamble.
The MXT I bought is a bloody good machine, so the SPP can only be better for gold and beach work?

GD

Gold Diver
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:47 am

Yeah might get to the coast in summer a couple of times this year.
If the SPP goes ok on the beach what a bargain!
And agreed another machine your wife might use just on occasions it could be a little sleeper?
It looks very light....
Nothing on utube about it,well just a dealer showing it.

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down