Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites GMZ

2 posters

Go down

Whites GMZ Empty Whites GMZ

Post  starry Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Looking at buying a whites gmz for $595 new any opinions on these and how do they go for a budget first detector to learn with as cash can be a bit hard to come by thanks Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Whites GMZ Empty Re: Whites GMZ

Post  onebob Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:29 am

WHITES GMZ they're good at finding scrap - i can vouch for that Very Happy

My GMZ has yet to find Gold. I have a good size flake of gold in a glass vial (courtesy of a friend with a ML4500) that i place on the ground and air test with it to tune the detector (ground balance / sensitivity) - bury it a mere 10mm and the detector can't pick it.

I'm sure it'll find a genuine nugget (ie Hand of Faith size etc ) but not the likes of what is to be found nowadays which we call nuggets but to the old timers was simply "colour" .

At $595 it's an expensive toy and better spent on other outdoor pursuits like golf or fishing........

sorry to be a wet blanket.

onebob
onebob
onebob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 am

i would just keep saving and even if you get an sd 2000 you have 100% more chance of finding gold. people who say they are a good detector are full off it, i have found targets with the 4000 i had and the whites couldn't pick any of them up. i put 16 grams of gold down and it only started to pick it up. i know a person who sells whites detectors but he use a M/L detector when he go's out detecting, now that says a lot about them.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Whites GMZ Empty gold bug pro

Post  starry Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 am

maybe I might try the fisher gold bug pro as I can get one for $400 and its only less than a year old , or an older minelab ft1600 with 2 coils for $450 any ideas on how these perform cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  onebob Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Its now 30 years after the Gold detector 'craze' kicked off and now that a goodly amount of the surface and near surface nuggies have been picked up the old VLF technology just doesn't cut it anymore. You need to find new ground, or buy the new technology to continue to work the old ground. That new technology is Pulse Induction otherwise called PI, and you need it to find the specks i call em that the VLF machines (and early PI machines) couldn't ping on or for that matter the deeper nuggets that are surely there waiting !!!

Browsing the pics regularly posted on this forum you'll quickly realize that there's a lot of 'specks' being found - they'll mention the equipment used as well - and that's were you should be aiming.

Oh yes! you will still find that football sized Nugget with a GMZ if it's not more than a foot down Very Happy - and that's what gets me out once or twice a year but that always sees me cleaning up 19thC trash lying about so the PI boys can get a clear run .... Very Happy Very Happy

onebob
onebob
onebob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down