Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR.

+31
Beer Beeper
toadskin
hotrock
Irish9
HOBO'S Gold
cranky
AraratGold
All-AU
Flakmagnet
sandy2010
bedrock
polver
nuggetninja69
nero_design
the speciman
TheH0ward
chopppacalamari
CostasDee
stylusmobilus
maka
The Modern Day Prospector
Queenslander
goldmuss78
big chop
reg
byronbinalong
xenon
llanbric
rarebreed
astrogold
Trent
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Empty Re: The ULTIMATE DETECTOR.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 am

Zero response here and also no response from Nokta re their GG 3D........I Was not expecting any responses.

Back to top Go down

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Empty the ultimate detector

Post  cranky Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:49 pm

As i am blessed with a mind like trap ( some say a "P"trap) I believe that should I be smart enough to invent / manufacture a machine with the claimed abilities...the last thing i would do is to sell it on the open market, well at least not until after I had pillaged every know location for gold. Wink Very Happy Very Happy
I could make a ruddy fortune at $1680/troy ounce and when financially independent for life could sell the damn thing to an unsuspecting Joker to find what i had left behind, if any. Laughing Laughing
Geez, if I could recover 1000-2000ozs in a couple of years at the going rate I don't think I would be bothered with selling it.....just chuck it in the shed for posterity. Cool Cool

But on reflection, I believe the Eskimos have been buying refridgerators....Harvey Norman is great salesman! tongue clown

Wasn't W.C.Fields heard to remark that there was "one born every minute" and "never give sucker an even break" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

Cheers cranky cheers cheers cheers
cranky
cranky
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Empty re:ultimate detector

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 am

hi guys
if this new piece of equipment was to eventuate and at a cheaper price then why r mods to minelab tectors so expensive.
Something doesnt add up.
Its like Holden and Ford -- new models every 12 months sometimes every 6 months. U buy what ever suits u on the day. Holden or Ford havent gone out of business yet--they just keep trying to outperform each other.

What ever happened to those carbon fibre coils--never got to test any of them.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm

I haven't recieved a reply from the UD either, and it's been 2 weeks maybe 3, I think there should have been a web page with pictures and some performance specs before any expression of interest went out, who knows what you are putting your name down for. With the Carbon Coils Chris Barrett sent me one, a 25 inch but I haven't been out yet to use it to hot and to many bloody brown snakes. I spoke to Chris and he said sales are going alright with most coils being sold to prospectors in WA running ML detectors and he has sold 4 coils to a company in Mongolia, like everything new it takes time to build and get a customer base I wish him all the best with his endeavour Smile

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Carbon10

Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Is this that Detector thats on fleebay Question
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220889462501?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

G'day Johhny

I believe this one on eBay is totally different to the "Ultimate Detector" that is only in the expression of interest stage....whatever that may mean. Too me that means it may be interesting if it works well. Laughing

Seems like a very strange way to to start a marketing campain for a new detector, if thats what it's about. Question confused

Trent the new member who started the topic hasn't been back since his inital 2 posts to tell us anymore about it, and that in its self is a very poor effort. scratch

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:05 pm

The Modern Day Prospector wrote:I haven't recieved a reply from the UD either, and it's been 2 weeks maybe 3, I think there should have been a web page with pictures and some performance specs before any expression of interest went out, who knows what you are putting your name down for. With the Carbon Coils Chris Barrett sent me one, a 25 inch but I haven't been out yet to use it to hot and to many bloody brown snakes. I spoke to Chris and he said sales are going alright with most coils being sold to prospectors in WA running ML detectors and he has sold 4 coils to a company in Mongolia, like everything new it takes time to build and get a customer base I wish him all the best with his endeavour Smile

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Carbon10

I am happy to brave the heat and have a swing of it for you.... bounce bounce
Looks super light weight...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 pm

For anyone that is interested, this video I believe is a very early version of the UD in testing. The video has been on Woodys youtube since Feb 2011 and everybody has really overlooked it.

Quote from Woody

(Testing a new detecting platform. The coil is one of my own designs in a coiltek shell. The detector is unlike anything you have seen before.I am not allowed to discuss it.)

woodypoopoo 9 months ago

Something I did notice if you watch the video is it's running the same control box as the revised QED in recent pictures, you make up your own mind but I believe this to be the UD.

Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish9 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 am

It all smells like over ripe fish to me No , much as I would like to see a great new detector soon I think whenever it comes out the next great thing with have a ML logo on it.

Having said that however if another company can produce a detector that has a good few or six inches greater depth on around the one to ten gram range it will be a very valuable machine!

If this mob are serious they should get one of their detectors out to a spot that everyone knows is flogged to death but still has plenty of gold out of reach (say the patch of diggings just north of Coiltec, secret hill or nuggety gully Tarnagulla etc.) invite all and sundry to attend and then dig up several nuggets at depth, do that and your sales will be enormous!

Minelab do not need to prove themselves, they do that every time someone switches on a GPX, you however need proof in the form of yellow stuff and hard data before talking the talk too much.

Irish9
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am

The video you mentioned was "shredded" on other gold forums when it was noted that the detector barely responded to the huge steel pick sitting right near the coil. The technique of dipping the coil into the hole like that is usually going to produce sounds that a target won't.

For a coil that uses a replica of the Minelab designed SD control box with Minelab shaft and arm rest with a Coiltek coil 'shell', I was amused to see the following comment: "The detector is unlike anything you have seen before". Well, I'd say it looks exactly like a Minelab with a Coiltek coil on it.

Most importantly, the target they are digging for is never shown and their pinpointing method appears to be failing them.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 am

l was expecting it to also have an artifical nose to sniff out gold nuggets lol!

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 am

nero_design wrote:The video you mentioned was "shredded" on other gold forums when it was noted that the detector barely responded to the huge steel pick sitting right near the coil. The technique of dipping the coil into the hole like that is usually going to produce sounds that a target won't.

For a coil that uses a replica of the Minelab designed SD control box with Minelab shaft and arm rest with a Coiltek coil 'shell', I was amused to see the following comment: "The detector is unlike anything you have seen before". Well, I'd say it looks exactly like a Minelab with a Coiltek coil on it.

Most importantly, the target they are digging for is never shown and their pinpointing method appears to be failing them.

Since this detector has been announced no one has heard anything, and I didn't realise the video had already been put through the shredder by other blokes on other forums. So Nero you say it is a SD with a coiltek coil, well we will have to go with that for now. Still I can't but think this and another detector won't make it onto the open market, even though claims of 2012 will be a big year with the goldfields opened up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I didn't think they closed bring on my 5000 looking forward to it. Smile

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toadskin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

As I understand it, this is an obligation free, expression of interest. No more, no less. What is all the angst about? I have registered my interest and damn fool you if you haven't. What is there to lose?

Tell me if I'm wrong please.

Neil
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 pm

At least it appears to work. I'm certainly NOT going to lump it in the same basket as LRS or the like. I think most people are just waiting for it to be released or to see what the specs are.

And Neil, you're right... when it comes to new tech, you have nothing to lose.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I would like to know how that Carbon Coils 25" round compares in performance to a Nugget Finder 25" round.?

Also is Chris Barrett, Woody's real name.?

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Beer Beeper wrote:I would like to know how that Carbon Coils 25" round compares in performance to a Nugget Finder 25" round.?

The tester I spoke to told me he couldn't ground balance them during tests. He's a fan of the Nugget Finder as his usual choice of coil. 25" is normally a hard coil to balance anyway. Perhaps the new coils work better on the new machine?
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 pm

nero_design wrote:
Beer Beeper wrote:I would like to know how that Carbon Coils 25" round compares in performance to a Nugget Finder 25" round.?

The tester I spoke to told me he couldn't ground balance them during tests. He's a fan of the Nugget Finder as his usual choice of coil. 25" is normally a hard coil to balance anyway. Perhaps the new coils work better on the new machine?

As usual the rumour mill is in full swing again and this time it's not me, even though I am usually the guilty one lol! The tester must of been using one of those 3D machines Nero lol! , because the 25 inch will ground balance on both the 4500 and 5000 no problems in my own use up here, I like the coil that much I bought one from Chris. Also the 25 inch from NF is a top coil and well worth the money, Chris Barrett is not Peter Woodland, and Carbon Coils is Chris Barretts business based in Wagga Wagga so hopefully this ends the confusion.

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Anyone claiming they have "no problems" ground balancing a 25" coil or larger is overlooking something because a very large coil is not only extremely difficult to balance, but it will respond to metal on the person and will react to things like atmospheric conditions and even the Earth's magnetic field. Coils over 16" will usually be prone to instability. Coils over 18" will almost always be tricky to keep stable and to pinpoint with. The receive winding is so large that it really does seem to act as a massive antenna. It's simply in their nature and we have to learn how to overcome any of these quirks to use them. But 16" & 18" coils can be quietened down quickly and it's only when you start going over 20" that things get a little tougher. 25" or larger will be harder than a 16".

I see that on Page 1 of the Link-tech webpage that it features direct links to not only the Carbon Coil in question but to the (your) Modern Day Prospector videos.

It would appear that your guys are tied together in some sort of business connection. If it's above board, good for you all. But I can't help but wonder if there's some sort of mutual 'back scratching' going on. Again, that's not normally a concern with other businesses but when I tell you I know an experienced prospector (who has around 20 years of detecting experience and even more as a prospector) who tells me he was unable to ground balance certain coils, I tend to sit up and listen. When you suggest playfully that he must be some kind of fool using a '3D machine' (a machine we know is sold under false pretenses to prospectors here in Australia) and then to claim you have no trouble balancing the coils in question, it's a cause for concern. Then I see that you appear to be "linked" to the parties involved in flogging these things.. so I really have to show a little prudence.

Conflict of Interest? Yes. I think so.

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

nero_design wrote:Anyone claiming they have "no problems" ground balancing a 25" coil or larger is overlooking something because a very large coil is not only extremely difficult to balance, but it will respond to metal on the person and will react to things like atmospheric conditions and even the Earth's magnetic field. Coils over 16" will usually be prone to instability. Coils over 18" will almost always be tricky to keep stable and to pinpoint with. The receive winding is so large that it really does seem to act as a massive antenna. It's simply in their nature and we have to learn how to overcome any of these quirks to use them.

I see that on Page 1 of the Link-tech webpage that it features direct links to not only the Carbon Coil in question but to the (your) Modern Day Prospector videos.

It would appear that your guys are tied together in some sort of business connection. If it's above board, good for you all. But I can't help but wonder if there's some sort of mutual 'back scratching' going on. Again, that's not normally a concern with other businesses but when I tell you I know an experienced prospector (who has around 20 years of detecting experience and even more as a prospector) who tells me he was unable to ground balance certain coils, I tend to sit up and listen. When you suggest playfully that he must be some kind of fool using a '3D machine' (a machine we know is sold under false pretenses to prospectors here in Australia) and then to claim you have no trouble balancing the coils in question, it's a cause for concern. Then I see that you appear to be "linked" to the parties involved in flogging these things.. so I really have to show a little prudence.

If your going to start claiming a 20 year prospecting veteran can't ground balance one of the carbon coils Nero you have to be a bit precise and tell one and all who couldn't ground balance it, that way your statement has a little more credibility. And you claiming I have an association with these parties wrong, I paid for my coil ring Chris and ask him, and I can ground balance the coil on both machines, your saying the coil can't be ground balanced well tell us Nero, who can't ground balance it and I will ring Chris to see if he or she is one of the testers. With Link I am not associated with Woody anymore and the video on his webb page is disabled by myself and all video's will be removed 1 to go, so before you start claiming who I am associated with Nero do your homework buddy. And also Carbon Coils buy outright Links windings for there coils it's a business transaction, Link don't own Carbon Coils. Like I said more rumours spread by a prospector who doesn't have all his facts in order.

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry Nero I missed the last bit, I knocked back the detector shop job offer to get paid a big fat bucket load of money from Chris and Woody to make videos of ther fabulous products, is that a better rumour for you to spread.

lol! lol!

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 pm

fencejumper wrote:i can balance the 25" nugget finder with no probs on my 5000 in vic..but then again i don't carry a knife or any other metal crap and have replaced the upper shaft with an otto and replaced all the metal bolts with plastic.

i can't carry my pick while detecting but that's ok as i have only used the 25" for going over paches...not prospecting
cheers

Nero your only having a go at me because you think I am associated with Woody which I am not, it's no secret that you hate anything Woody does because it doesn't fit into what you are promoting. I could guarantee if I said I bought a 25 inch NF you wouldn't say anything, but because you think Link make these coils and I have one you spread rubbish saying I am promoting these coils. Like I said Chris Barrett form Wagga Wagga owns Carbon Coils ring him and ask him his number is on the webb site.

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Fencejumper I was told 2 weeks, and that was 3 months ago and if the gear isn't here to manufacturer them it could be as you said 12 months and beyond. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 pm

You are mistaken Brian, and you're making a few too many assumptions.
Woody burned his bridges with me when he started making claims about his products that I don't believe are supported and when he attempted to use my own online links as a platform to promote his products. I've spoken to Woody in the past before all of this and found him agreeable to converse with. I don't 'hate' Woody. But I certainly disagree with many of the claims he makes. Of course, much of this is going to come down to personal opinion.

And as for wrongfully believing that you are associated with his business.... I've read your posts where you endorsed his products in the past (hell, you even did so on your videos by using them and talking about them) and I've noticed links to your video on his website. If I'm mistaken in assuming there's a cross-platform promotion going on here, then perhaps it's not my fault that the links are there on his website misleading me.

There's a time and place for a 25 inch coil and they serve a purpose... as does a 50 inch coil or a 60" custom built drag-coil. Plenty of people use large coils and plenty of people have problems with keeping them stable. But if someone experienced tells me he tested particular 3rd party coils and that he had an issue with the coils he was given to test, I listen. Perhaps he was mistaken in his observations? Possible but unlikely. You're right in saying that I wouldn't have raised a reply if you said you were using a Nugget Finder 25" coil because I know what their coils are like, I own some NFA coils... and I use them myself when needed and I don't have an issue with them. Last week I opted to use a Minelab coil. I personally wouldn't use a coil as large as a 25" coil myself though. There's enough problems steering the darned thing. But I'm not concerned about phoning around to ask what a manufacturer thinks about his own product. What's he going to say? He's not going to put it down, is he? When I phone a manufacturer to discuss his products, that conversation is usually triggered by curiosity on my part and the conversation isn't repeated elsewhere as a matter of professional courtesy.

I'm not promoting any particular product. Nor am I endorsing any particular product or brand. My endorsements do not currently apply to the prospecting community nor do they apply to related products. I use what I personally know works for me. And if my personal choices are a source of amusement to others, they'll chime in and let me know about it. If I'm wrong about something, they'll definitely let me know about it.

There are members on this forum that use Woody's products. I don't give them a hard time and a few of them message me privately or respond to threads publicly to disagree with my opinions from time to time. In my opinion, I'm concerned that there are unsupported claims here that are sometimes endorsed by people who I believe have been involved with unlawful and unsavory business deals in the past. Others (older members) are aware of this as well and the subject has been discussed on this forum in the past. But that gets me wondering if there's a fire where the smoke is coming from. Your guess is as good as mine on that .

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:16 am

( And as for wrongfully believing that you are associated with his business.... I've read your posts where you endorsed his products in the past (hell, you even did so on your videos by using them and talking about them) and I've noticed links to your video on his website. If I'm mistaken in assuming there's a cross-platform promotion going on here, then perhaps it's not my fault that the links are there on his website misleading me.)

Fair call Nero, I was promoting Woodys products in the past but that is over now and I have sold both the Modded machine and my 4500, for a brand new 5000 so I am very happy. With the Carbon coil 25 inch is as big as I will go and it will not get much use anyway, they ( Carbon Coil ) sent the coil to me to test and I liked it so I bought it. You need open ground to swing the large coils and Queensland doesn't have to much of that with still plenty of grass everywhere, With Woody and Chris all I know is Chris buys Woodys windings for his coils and Woody has his own coils which haven't surfaced as yet, just like the UD Question Question
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:17 am

That's actually a pretty fair and decent answer and I appreciate your candor. I would have found a 25" coil a tough size to use here in NSW for similar reasons because the ground here is anything but flat... but of course, that larger coil diameter should give you a deep response. The largest coil I used was the 24x12" NFA coil when it was released and I found that to be a little tough to work with where I was detecting at the time. In past years, that was a favorite size and shape with some prospectors but it was tough to steer and sometimes it was a tough coil to use in poor weather. I'll bet that people would want to try larger coils over in WA where more ground is often rather flat (with less undulating surfaces etc) and can be covered with every sweep and where large, deep nuggets are what people are looking for.

I may be wrong on this but I suspect Nugget Finder produced their 20+ inch coils as a direct response to the demands from the Sudan in 2009-2010 where the Sudanese were demanding bigger coils to go deeper and to cover more ground. Coiltek produced a couple of large coils too in the last year but not quite as large (22" & 24x14") and they didn't seem to be aimed so much at the overseas market as they were the local nugget hunting prospectors.

Apart from some online testimonials, we don't often hear much about the results of larger coils from any of the main coil makers. But with prospectors being such a secretive lot, I suppose that's no surprise.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Flakmagnet Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 am

"...with prospectors being such a secretive lot, I suppose that's no surprise..."

No surprise at all Marco.
For instance, right now as I post, there are: 16 Registered, 4 Hidden and 53 Guests looking in.
For every person who posts here, for all the discussion and candor that appears in this forum
and other's like it, there are five people who lurk as guests, never post, mine the information
and generally stay far off the radar.
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 am

Flakmagnet wrote:"...with prospectors being such a secretive lot, I suppose that's no surprise..."

No surprise at all Marco.
For instance, right now as I post, there are: 16 Registered, 4 Hidden and 53 Guests looking in.
For every person who posts here, for all the discussion and candor that appears in this forum
and other's like it, there are five people who lurk as guests, never post, mine the information
and generally stay far off the radar.

Yes this forum can be a very powerfull marketing tool indeed, I think a lot of people don't realise this.

Cheers Brian.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Quick couple of photo's during testing.

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Black_10

The ULTIMATE DETECTOR. - Page 3 Black_11

cheers
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down