Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab 705?

Go down

Minelab 705? Empty Minelab 705?

Post  aussiejag Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 am

Hi would be interested in the answers as I am a newbie and am about to buy my first detector and was thinking of getting a 705 too for the same reasons, but my limited understanding is that the PI detectors go deeper and find smaller nuggets of gold, but I think from hiring both of them out it is nicer seeing the digital display on the 705 and being able to identify iron and how deep the target is, as I suspect it takes a bit of time to learn the sounds of the PI machines and know how to fine tune them, with terms I am still learning about like, inverted, the difference between a mono and double coil (in mono you can't disciminate iron) but I am still not sure as the serious gold prospectors seem to be using the PI machines
aussiejag
aussiejag
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Minelab 705? Empty Re: Minelab 705?

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 10:23 am

G'day aussiejag

All I can tell you is that if you are mainly wanting to go hunting for relics/coins in parks, beaches and old house sites then the xterra 705 or the Etrac is a good choice.

If on the other hand you want to mainly go hunting for gold nuggets in the many goldfields of Australia then a PI machine would be a good choice. The later model PI machines are an even better choice.

It all comes down to how much time you want to put into the hobby and how much you want to spend.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down