Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SALT-COARSE

2 posters

Go down

SALT-COARSE Empty SALT-COARSE

Post  marty Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi there,on my 4500 can anybody tell me what the word COARSE is refering to in the Special Soil/Timing SALT-COARSE ??? The SALT part of it is pretty obvious but the COARSE part has me baffled what are they refering to there? Any coments would be appreciated. thanks

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

SALT-COARSE Empty Re: SALT-COARSE

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi marty, the term 'coarse' I think is just exactly that, nothing to stress over.
Remember the term 'salt' and you will be on track. If you are working these harsh conditions the salt coarse timing may be the perfect timing to use. Also before using this timing just because you are on salt try using normal or enhance for example first to see if they will handle the conditions.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks Goldstalker,the reason i ask is because in this area up here i know of 3 or 4 old patches that are covered with quartz that literally screams at you when you run a mono over it !I've played around with the Audio type,Gain,Stability etc.but only got it to finally quieten down by changing from Enhance down to Sensitive Smoothe and i think Quiet on the Audio. I wandered around the patch like that for a while half heartedly knowing through a bit of testing i've done that i would have lost a lot of sensitivity in these settings and eventually walked away empty handed.This is what has got me thinking about how the SALT-COASE timing v's SENSITIVE SMOOTHE would go on these patches, obviously the ground is not salty so i thought the word coarse might mean it may be usefull in other conditions.Then again i may need to put a DD on to sort it out ! CHEERS

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

hi marty
there was a news letter out of wa (aplaa) awhile ago saying that a bloke was using a dd and salt/course then raising
his gain and signal flat out, he was using a 24" coil on really hot ground.
he reckoned that this worked for realy deep gold as i remember it

have not tried it myself, but sounds interesting

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks fencejumper,there is some deep ground so that idea will really be worth a try.I still have my NF 16 and 18 DDs.I havent tried any DDs on the 45 yet but have been contemplating it. CHEERS Laughing Shocked Laughing cat

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down