Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek Coils - Important Information

4 posters

Go down

Coiltek Coils - Important Information Empty Coiltek Coils - Important Information

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello to all,

I appreciate the time you will give in reading this information.

Please let me know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Trevor

Attention customer,

Recently we have been made aware of an issue with some of our Goldstalker series of coils. This is due to a manufacturing fault found to cause poor ground balance ability and excessive noise when close to the ground.

We encourage any who have a coil specified in the serial number range below and which is behaving as previously mentioned above to contact your dealer or send it in for a review.

If you are not experiencing excessive noise and/or poor ground balance ability with your Goldstalker coil then there is no need to return it. Those which are returned and pass our review process will be promptly sent back to ensure no further inconvenience. However if a returned coil fails the review process then it will be replaced.

14” Goldstalker Round Mono Coils:- Serial numbers 0130 - 199
16” Goldstalker Round Mono Coils:- Serial Numbers 0640 - 700
18” Goldstalker Round Mono Coils:- Serial Numbers 1140 - 1254
18x12 Goldstalker Elliptical Mono Coils:- Serial Numbers 8130 - 8402

So far we have replaced the majority of coils which have been identified with the issue.

Coiltek Manufacturing takes the quality of our products very seriously therefore minimising any manufacturing issues getting out to the customer.

We can assure you that this fault has been rectified and all other Goldstalker products outside of the mentioned serial number range are of the high quality you would expect from Coiltek Manufacturing. We have a very good reputation in building excellent search coils and always listen to customer concerns.

Do not hesitate to contact us direct at ctmenquiry@coiltekmanufacturing.com.au if you have any queries or concerns.
Regards,

Trevor Ferraresso
Managing Director

Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Coiltek Coils - Important Information Empty Re: Coiltek Coils - Important Information

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:10 pm

hey Trevor,
OK thanks for the info on your faulty coils.
Now, what I would like to know is about your new big coils, the 24"x14" and the 22" round. Do they have the same type wires as the Goldstalkers and are these new coils sealed better than the Goldstalkers to give less noise when brushing up against something?
Thanks,
uncle bob. sunny

Back to top Go down

Coiltek Coils - Important Information Empty Re: Coiltek Coils - Important Information

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 am

Hi Uncle Bob,

These two new coils do have added protection to try to minimise the touch sensitivity. I cannot tell you what we have done only that I recommend you try one if you are interested in that size coil.

If i am correct you are in the US and know Rob Allison. (I apologise if I have this wrong). He should have these coils by now and be able to send out a demo coil for you to try. I guess proof is in the swinging!

Of course we make every effort when manufacturing to ensure the coils performance is optimised so dealing with a manufacturing fault head on is certainly the best option.

I hope you can try one soon.
Regards,
Trevor
Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Trevor, you do know how to fully pot coils in resin as you have done this with the 2x sizes of UFO's, 2x Platypus(DD and Mono), and 40x20's.

A little extra weight is acceptable for doing this.

Do you have any plans to fully pot future Goldstalker coils in resin ??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Bungarra_AU Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello Beer Beeper

Ive had a few coiltek coils over the years and love them,especially my 17 inch mini ufo,
that one is fully stuck in resin and works like a charm.
I bought a 18x12 mono a few years back and it became very noisey and even touching grass
made it scream off to a point i couldnt use it anymore, last month i came across this on youtube
and followed his repair guide and its a bit better but still makes alot of noises but i tried to put some
resin on itand it just was too hard to get it good so i gave up on the thing and now it sits in the shed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaHeqIXDKaM&feature=related

cheers
bungarra

Bungarra_AU
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Appreciate that info there Bungarra_AU. Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Bungarra_AU Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Thankyou Kon61

Your welcome,

cheers
Bungarra

Bungarra_AU
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down