Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 and hotrocks

3 posters

Go down

SDC2300 and hotrocks Empty SDC2300 and hotrocks

Post  yellowmellow Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:36 pm

can the current sdc2300 model still pick up hot rocks.

i used to have a gpx4500 and they used to pick them up all the time and all on a decent signal as well..

but what about the sdc2300.

also do we still think sdc2300 is an ok good model currently.

and if there was any thing that needs to be amended or changed or altered to it what would it be.

i ony detect say 4 times a year and mostly between april and sept so in the autumn and winter months.

i go say around the dunolly areas and central golden triangle in vic.

also let me know what the current ground condtions are like and if its wet or dry or is it a good time to finally get out there and have a swing around in these areas like Maryborough Dunolly etc....

Please le tme know thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 and hotrocks Empty Re: SDC2300 and hotrocks

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:11 pm

Even the 7000 picks up the occasional hot rock Tim & the higher the gain, the greater the response over a hot rock will be upon touch, regardless of what one uses for a detector or coil. Thank our lucky stars that hot rock encounters here in Vic, are found far & few in between but mostly on or near the surface.
Nothing wrong with the SDC 2300 though, its a top detector especially over hotter sections of ground in search for the small stuff as well as the occasional bigger bit, within reach of an 8 inch coil.
The ground around Bendigo has had some rain lately, so some of the lower catchments of flats, gullies or creeks will contain puddles or pools of water, but there's no point in waiting for that perfect day to go out for a swing, for you might be waiting a long time for such.
When you see the weather is good for where you wish to go & detect over, go or you'll miss out on all that heavenly glory that surrounds us. Shocked cheers
Best of luck out there.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 and hotrocks Empty Re: SDC2300 and hotrocks

Post  moredeep Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:48 pm

The 5000 with a 8"sadie coil and the rx down to zero will still zip on highly mineralised/magnetic rocks,just gotta digem cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Oldfella likes this post

Back to top Go down