Hotrocks???

Go down

Hotrocks??? Empty Hotrocks???

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 am

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if gold is always found near hot rocks or only on occassions?

Found some rocks that are giving off a signal when I'm having a swing and thinking it's probably a hotrock I'm wondering if gold would be around the area as well.

Thanks In advance to any help given.

Back to top Go down

Hotrocks??? Empty Re: Hotrocks???

Post  Jim. on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 am

Hi CoastNewbie,

I have recently got onto a good run of gold amongst hotrocks (basalt). Its hard work detecting in areas with a lot of hotrocks present, but with patience and perserverance (remember low and slow) and really listening to what your detector is telling you, you could get lucky Very Happy Very Happy
Hotrocks are one of many indicators of gold, but they try your patience big time. What type of detector do you use?

Jim.

Jim.
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am

I reckon the more hot rocks the better
Gold tends to hang around the most
Harshest mineralised ground
Best thing to do is get yourself or make yourself a dolly
Mine cost me $ 4 for material and 2 welding rods
Not all hot rocks contain gold , but I smash em up an pan them
A couple of weeks ago I got one that had over a gram in it
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltrying on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 pm

OK here's my 2 bob. Yes gold is around hotrocks & can even be hidden in them. Whilst it is possible to work in hot rocks with a good gold machine it will be near impossible to work within hotrock with alot of machines. Some of these other machine are suposed to be for gold but can't work between hotrock. My opinion is some heavy hotrock area's only minelab detectors SD 2000 to gpx 5000 is going to work. Anything else will be near impossable due to the number of false signals.
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm

stilltrying wrote:OK here's my 2 bob. Yes gold is around hotrocks & can even be hidden in them. Whilst it is possible to work in hot rocks with a good gold machine it will be near impossible to work within hotrock with alot of machines. Some of these other machine are suposed to be for gold but can't work between hotrock. My opinion is some heavy hotrock area's only minelab detectors SD 2000 to gpx 5000 is going to work. Anything else will be near impossable due to the number of false signals.

I absolutely agree with still trying
I wouldn't take my gmt amongst ground like that
Maybe my sd or definatly my 45
But I consider myself lucky to have a choice of 3 detectors
And didn't ask what you were using
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltrying on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi lbgdreamer,
If you are wonderiong what I use or have tried useing. I have an xterra 70 with 10x5DD surposed gold pack & a Gp extreme I have also used my brothers SD 2100 once all be it only for short time. Whilst the Xterra would of found gold & did for my brother. I have dug far to many signals that just disappeared. The SD 2100 was much better on mineral ground but did need to be manualy balancing if ground changed. When I brought my machine I explained to coiltek maryborough that I was after a SD2100, 2200 or Extreme cos that what was in my price range, 3 days later they phoned. I was told they had GP Extreme and I have no regrets, its easy to balance. Turn on & go or play with if desired.
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:58 pm

[quote="stilltrying"]Hi lbgdreamer,
If you are wonderiong what I use or have tried useing. I have an xterra 70 with 10x5DD surposed gold pack & a Gp extreme I have also used my brothers SD 2100 once all be it only for short time. Whilst the Xterra would of found gold & did for my brother. I have dug far to many signals that just disappeared. The SD 2100 was much better on mineral ground but did need to be manualy balancing if ground changed. When I brought my machine I explained to coiltek maryborough that I was after a SD2100, 2200 or Extreme cos that what was in my price range, 3 days later they phoned. I was told they had GP Extreme and I have no regrets, its easy to balance. Turn on & go or play with if desired. [/

You can't go wrong with gp extreme
Iv used many vlf dating back to the xt 1800
And still use the gmt in conjunction with my 45
Mainly if I want to go for a quick walk on shallow shale ground to see what's about
With little set up before I get the big guns out

I haven't found the vlf great on highly mineralised ground
But if that's what I had I would persevere
There great on low mineral low hot rock shallow ground
But I'm ranting abit and getting a little off topic
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Gday

Its a safe bet to associate gold with hot rocks, as the more mineralised the ground the better chance that gold will be about, hotrocks are just pieces of highly mineralised rock masses that have broken down and spread about, and sometimes rocks that are thought to be just hot rocks can contain gold.

If you wander into an area and start to pick up hot rocks and the ground seems more unstable, then this can be an indicator of the ground possibly being gold bearing so slow down and give the spot a good going over, dont just dismiss it and walk on, any hot rocks are worth cracking open on the spot to see what they contain as its easy in some cases to mistake a specimen for a hotrock particularly if theres no visible gold, the weight in the hand will sometimes give it away for what it is.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum