Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy.

+7
secret squirrel
Goldbait
madmaverick
loaded_dog73
LUCKY
shelby23
jayvee
11 posters

Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Info on the mount perry area west of bundy.

Post  jayvee Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

[b]Hello,you all,has anybody been or have info on the mt perry area west of bundaberg?,i have G&G and it tells a fair bit about the area,will be around the area for about 2 months.john. sunny
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Re: Info on the mount perry area west of bundy.

Post  shelby23 Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi jayvee
I have stayed at the Mt Perry Caravan Park; at the Local Pub the Miners say the gold is crushed out of quartz by Company mining just out of town.
I have seen a place near Mt Perry a few kms out of town that looked like a good area to detect. Not sure of access at the moment with all the rain we have had lately.

I know of a good spot on the Kolan River, Just nearby, will have to check my notes and put more up for you.
I heard the new land owner is not too friendly to Gold Detector’s.

Regards Neale Biloela Queensland

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Mt perry info.

Post  jayvee Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:04 pm

[qThanks neale,ok on the info,yes i believe there are some good arears around the area,if you have or can get access to G&G vol3 page 202 heading "Reid's creek goldfield" ,there are quite a few interesting arears mentioned,and are in very hilly/mountainest country.i do not think that there would be any ill tempered landowners out there,but research for ownership would be in order of course.thanks again, john.

uote="shelby23"]Hi jayvee
I have stayed at the Mt Perry Caravan Park; at the Local Pub the Miners say the gold is crushed out of quartz by Company mining just out of town.
I have seen a place near Mt Perry a few kms out of town that looked like a good area to detect. Not sure of access at the moment with all the rain we have had lately.

I know of a good spot on the Kolan River, Just nearby, will have to check my notes and put more up for you.
I heard the new land owner is not too friendly to Gold Detector’s.

Regards Neale Biloela Queensland
[/quote]
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty mt perry

Post  LUCKY Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:27 pm

I like the sound of that "nuggety ridge" south of mt perry,

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Mt Perry

Post  loaded_dog73 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi Jayvee,

it has been a while but some info might help you on this area. I was last there in the early 90's and at the time Mt Perry was being advertised in Bundaberg tourist brocures as a historic town favoured by fossickers. Went to the the council chambers-Info centre and they directed us to the caravan park where an old timer lived called Mr (Col) Hart. He showed us a place out off the Monto Rd (Branch Vale Rd I think) where he had some leases. The leases were on private property owned by a Mr Proctor on Branch Ck. He was only too happy to let us fossick. The gold in the creek was fine but there was a lot of it, say 50 colours/dish with small red-pink garnets. We prospected Branch Ck for 1km and found gold all the way. I went back a few years and once again asked the owner and he was fine for us to fossick. This time we used a sluice and got about 2-3 grams for the days work. I have never detected the area but Mr Hart showed me a jar containing about 2 oz of nuggets up to 2 grams. He said it came from some creviced bars up Branch Ck but was reluctant to show me the spot. All I can say is if you are able to get permission it's worth a try. Branch Ck meanders a fair bit and there is old wash on the banks worth a go where you might find some 1-2 gram pieces. Good Luck.

loaded_dog73
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Mt Perry

Post  loaded_dog73 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm

for got to mention, i did hear several years later Mr Hart surrendered the leaes and went back to Brisbane.

loaded_dog73
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty hi all

Post  madmaverick Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:58 pm

all this info sounds very promising, might have to organise a meet up and all of us get out there and have a joint effort look,,, if keen let me know and will see what we can find

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Mt. Perry

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Gidday Steve & Lea,
That sounds like a mighty find idea. The town could do with some extra dollars, there usually is a good meal at the local!
Would the general feeling be to camp out or room it in town? My wife and I would prefer to caravan out if possible.
Cheers Dave Cartwright cheers

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty hey there

Post  madmaverick Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

camp out is always our first option,, or camper if for a longer stay,, all depends on work and time of course

Happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Re: Info on the mount perry area west of bundy.

Post  Goldbait Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 pm

i'm up for that. i have holidays planned in April till early May.

bundy, do you still want to sell that coil?
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

Mt Perry is not far from me I know a few spots I would like to check out not far out of the Town.
It is goverment land now.
The lease on the land ended and the Govenment took the land over.
There is a great looking creek there I would love to walk up with my GPX4500 I recently bought.
As the crow flyes it is not 10 km from a gold area that has been close of by land holders.
My thoughts are if it is that close it is worth a look.
It would be good to have a look as a group so let us know and I will be in it.
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Mt perry

Post  jayvee Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:27 pm

well,Mt perry is advertised as a RV FRIENDLY TOWN,well may it be,but mention gold detecting or land access and the locals are about as friendly as a black snake.so be it.

shelby23 wrote:Mt Perry is not far from me I know a few spots I would like to check out not far out of the Town.
It is goverment land now.
The lease on the land ended and the Govenment took the land over.
There is a great looking creek there I would love to walk up with my GPX4500 I recently bought.
As the crow flyes it is not 10 km from a gold area that has been close of by land holders.
My thoughts are if it is that close it is worth a look.
It would be good to have a look as a group so let us know and I will be in it.
Regards Neale
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

BEPGOLD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Perry

Post  LUCKY Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm

If you can find the "Swindon lease" apparently 20km se of Mt perry you may have good fortune, unfortunately, i haven't located this particular area but if you do, remember who told you!! king

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:00 pm

LUCKY wrote:If you can find the "Swindon lease" apparently 20km se of Mt perry you may have good fortune, unfortunately, i haven't located this particular area but if you do, remember who told you!! king

it might have been around here....

-25.262551 151.779477

if so, we are too late !
Sad
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty swindon

Post  LUCKY Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 am

Yes SS it could be Rawdon area (swindon rd leads there), but from what ive read it was only a very small show. i recon it`s past the open cut. There`s nothing on any of my maps putting it anywhere?

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty perry

Post  LUCKY Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:16 am

there is a heap of good areas between woolooga and perry also. Mt scougal- xyz- calgoa- marodian goldfield (practically undetected!!)- yorkeys goldfield- biggendin areas- running creek and mt kola- munna creek- mt atherton- mt urah- widgee- glastonbury. There have been specimans and nuggets found recently in these areas, one was a 67 grammer. obviously i cant say exactly where, but i don`t need to cause you can go and find your own!!

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 am

LUCKY wrote:Yes SS it could be Rawdon area (swindon rd leads there), but from what ive read it was only a very small show. i recon it`s past the open cut. There`s nothing on any of my maps putting it anywhere?

mate, it might pay to have a good look at this. Occassionally I have been able to get my hands on some government lease records. Many new and old leases have been resurveyed and have updated information with GPS location. They are spot on as I have tried them out here near our area. If you have G&G you will see it is on twelve mile creek, this indicated map location can vary by as much as a few km compared to government gps figures, thats what I found with some mines around here, I'll see what ever else I can find out tonight, cheers SS
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty MOUNT PERRY

Post  jayvee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks for the posts re
perry,i really think until this stupid queensland government puts in place sensible fossicking regulations for hobbyists,we will continue to travel out of the state to pursue our hobby.john.
LUCKY wrote:If you can find the "Swindon lease" apparently 20km se of Mt perry you may have good fortune, unfortunately, i haven't located this particular area but if you do, remember who told you!! king
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:27 pm

jayvee wrote:Thanks for the posts re
perry,i really think until this stupid queensland government puts in place sensible fossicking regulations for hobbyists,we will continue to travel out of the state to pursue our hobby.john.

Hi John,
yes it is frustrating with our government, I have been trying to get info and clarification on many occasions and it is like talking to a brick wall...I think they just don't want to have anything to do with us..
I'm sure if there were any keen prospectors working as heads in the leading goverment we would have different rules ! quite some time ago they announced that we will know the outcome of possible extensions to the Clermont GPAs by the end of last year...I am still waiting on anyone from the department to even send me a reply to several requests....makes you wonder whether anyone is actually working there...
but here is a simple solution: about a year ago I was informed by the relevant department that fossicking in state forests was not allowed unless you have permission...so check with forestry in the area you are interested in and you might just get a permit, otherwise , since nearly all of Qlds state forest areas are leased out( mainly to run cattle in) then all you need to do is get permission from the leaseholder....most of the ones I approached just laughed at me and told me to have fun and not worry about all those sitting in their offices and ..""..

anyhow , guys, here is a bit more about Swindons :
The Swindon Lease is about 14 miles south-south-east of Mount Perry. The mineralization, which
was discovered in 1947, occurs within a sequence of tuffaceous rocks which dips at 30° to the
north; the volcanics are probably part of the Aranbanga Beds. Gold values were recorded from
zones containing siliceous limonite which is dispersed throughout tuff. The area of economic
interest is approximately 380 feet by 300 feet. In 1952 the more promising leases were taken up
by theMount Rawdon Gold Mining Company These include the Falcon, Dawn, Day Dawn,
Rainbow, and Sunrise. Other leases were the Blind Man, Rio, Tail End, Summit, and Delia. Total
production from the area was 745 tons of ore, which yielded 192oz gold. The area was abandoned
in 1953.
------------------------------------------------

This is an odd looking placement of gold deposit to my normal way of thinking. Studying the landscape on google around Swindons it looks very much like the main gold deposit occurred from the range, part of which is to the left of the big hole….as far as I can trace things at the moment we might have to look for the actual swindons discovery high up in the hills at about –25.263090 , 151.730566 give or take a few hundred meters, I will try and find out exact gps from old mining records if I can get access …..
To me it looks like the cream of the gold was in the valley, around the current mine site. Of course there is a chance of some nice nuggets down the slope towards the mine….the other interesting thing is down the west side of the range, away from swindons..it might hold rich prospects if the ground dips the right way, very rugged by the looks of things and access is very limited…..
these boots are made for walking......
Cheers SS

secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Appreciate all the info.

Post  jayvee Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks ss all good info,have been to clermont,yes things dont happen in a hurry,can understand your frustration,evidently 3 gpa's are still closed after the rain,would you believe,most of the ground is as dry as a chip,could this be the nail in the gpa coffin?thanks again,bye the way have you ever read "MAINTAIN THE FURY"?cee ya john.

Hi John,
yes it is frustrating with our government, I have been trying to get info and clarification on many occasions and it is like talking to a brick wall...I think they just don't want to have anything to do with us..
I'm sure if there were any keen prospectors working as heads in the leading goverment we would have different rules ! quite some time ago they announced that we will know the outcome of possible extensions to the Clermont GPAs by the end of last year...I am still waiting on anyone from the department to even send me a reply to several requests....makes you wonder whether anyone is actually working there...
but here is a simple solution: about a year ago I was informed by the relevant department that fossicking in state forests was not allowed unless you have permission...so check with forestry in the area you are interested in and you might just get a permit, otherwise , since nearly all of Qlds state forest areas are leased out( mainly to run cattle in) then all you need to do is get permission from the leaseholder....most of the ones I approached just laughed at me and told me to have fun and not worry about all those sitting in their offices and ..""..

anyhow , guys, here is a bit more about Swindons :
The Swindon Lease is about 14 miles south-south-east of Mount Perry. The mineralization, which
was discovered in 1947, occurs within a sequence of tuffaceous rocks which dips at 30° to the
north; the volcanics are probably part of the Aranbanga Beds. Gold values were recorded from
zones containing siliceous limonite which is dispersed throughout tuff. The area of economic
interest is approximately 380 feet by 300 feet. In 1952 the more promising leases were taken up
by theMount Rawdon Gold Mining Company These include the Falcon, Dawn, Day Dawn,
Rainbow, and Sunrise. Other leases were the Blind Man, Rio, Tail End, Summit, and Delia. Total
production from the area was 745 tons of ore, which yielded 192oz gold. The area was abandoned
in 1953.
------------------------------------------------

This is an odd looking placement of gold deposit to my normal way of thinking. Studying the landscape on google around Swindons it looks very much like the main gold deposit occurred from the range, part of which is to the left of the big hole….as far as I can trace things at the moment we might have to look for the actual swindons discovery high up in the hills at about –25.263090 , 151.730566 give or take a few hundred meters, I will try and find out exact gps from old mining records if I can get access …..
To me it looks like the cream of the gold was in the valley, around the current mine site. Of course there is a chance of some nice nuggets down the slope towards the mine….the other interesting thing is down the west side of the range, away from swindons..it might hold rich prospects if the ground dips the right way, very rugged by the looks of things and access is very limited…..
these boots are made for walking......
Cheers SS

[/quote]
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 pm

well John, frustration is not the word for it....so you've been to Clermont, we were there last year but came home empty handed after concentrating too much on hammered ares, but I did see a few nice ones come out of them....also there were some in the caravan park who had permission on private property and they managed to grab a few ounces, half their luck....mate, I have been and still am trying to find out what is happening about more GPAs...there was supposed to be a deciccion made by the end of last year , but lets not hold our breath, no reply from the authority , typical...I have also put in an email to the ABC who ran an article on it in their morning show, back in Feb 2010 ! maybe I will get a reply, I have asked them to maybe follow it up as well.....there is a tonne of ground out there all over Qld, I think overall we prospectors do the right thing and leave the ground as we find it so there is no reason at all to ban us! Especially when most times the ground will be opened up for some large scale business or bulldozed to make way for progress ! Here is the link to the radio show if anyone is interested :

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2010/02/clermont-prospectors-want-more-fossicking-areas/comments/atom.xml

all the best in your future ventures,
cheers SS

secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  LUCKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 pm

so why dont you just talk to the landowners? 50% of them will let you on their land and 99% dont give a hoot about the actual mining leases.

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  LUCKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 pm

this is all the official early geo pubs for qld http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:HxjCqwRRQCMJ:www.dme.qld.gov.au/zone_files/geoscience_pdf/gsq_pubs.pdf+%22biggenden%22+gold+nugget&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgZaxtBtFwg_V_fhhdGeOcKsy_-RQCCMKae9biz9xKJ4NPLxc84__TaPTQI8Trsj9BloSbqT1al9TdULhYexFPpAMW9Vgx25yNxSzBpKiTOW6QCS1lslSC7woHEBbl8DgRS1P2a&sig=AHIEtbQoKM7bZ89hPFs2Kn5NdxhM3Mrqwg&pli=1 .some very interesting reading

LUCKY
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 pm

There appears to be gold in the area

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Qld-Spot

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Closeup

If you want to check out the area in google use my filtered lists of Historical mines on this forum at

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2273-historical-gold-mines-in-google-earth
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Hi, interesting info

Post  Tecc Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 pm

I Did explore for a day ( without a detector) in Mt Bania area, State Forest, now national park.

There were cows in there, so I don't know how that works.. but anyway.

I am going to explore some more, and take a detector.
It is state forest, I don't feel obliged to ask permission to walk there, or use a metal detector.
The issue is probably the digging of holes, though there may not be any legal difference between scraping a 10 cm hole, and an open cut mine. I can see the obvious difference.
State forest is owned by Australia, which includes you, and if you do happen to see someone out there in the middle of nowhere, they are not going to care if you have a metal detector..
That's my opinion.

So, will I bother to ask permission to metal detect if there is no special exemption or definition of this activity, and it falls under the heading 'Mining and exploration' that was invented before metal detectors were around.
No.
It is bush walking.

Tecc

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Tecc

Some of the Mines in that Area GPS Plots

KILLER AND PARTY'S GOLD PROSPECT 56J 358251 7229954 GOLD/15.5KM NNW OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AG;AU/MOUNT PERRY

CAMPBELL'S GOLD PROSPECT 56J 358024 7230052 GOLD/15.7KM NNW OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AG;AU;PB/MOUNT PERRY

EDINA 56J 366476 7229182 COPPER/14.4KM NE OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AG;AU;CU/MOUNT PERRY

JACK GOODY 56J 340405 7242976 ILMENITE/20KM SE OF MONTO

UNNAMED 325382 56J 332604 7238415 GOLD/1.5 KM W OF YARROL HOMESTEAD/VERY SMALL/AU/MONTO

UNNAMED 323385 56J 332425 7238636 GOLD/1.5KM WEST OF YARROL HOMESTEAD NEAR BURNETT RIVER./VERY SMALL/AU;CU/MONTO

GALAETA 56J 342945 7254694 GOLD/31 KM SSE OF MANY PEAKS/VERY SMALL/AU;CU/MONTO

TWIN CREEKS 56J 343904 7245774 COPPER/AT HEAD OF BURNETT RIVER

YARROL NORTH 56J 334305 7234685 GOLD/4 KM S OF YARROL HOMSTEAD/VERY SMALL/AU;CU/MONTO

UNNAMED 342351 56J 334331 7235285 GOLD/NORTHERN END OF BEEHIVE WORKINGS AND 3.3 KM S OF YARROL HOMESTEAD/VERY SMALL/AU;CU/MONTO

YARROL GOLD PROSPECT 56J 334338 7234738 GOLD/28KM SE OF MONTO
GOONDICUM CRATER ILMENITE 56J 339248 7251381 ILMENITE/GOONDICUM CRATER

MAGPIE PROSPECT 56J 335354 7242276 GOLD/26KM ESE OF MONTO/VERY SMALL/AS;AU;CU;SB/MONTO

TRUE BLUE 56J 334255 7232476 GOLD/42.66 KM NE OF EIDSVOLD

BEEHIVE 56J 333761 7233427 GOLD/43.13 KM NE OF EIDSVOLD

EDDY 56J 334505 7232175 GOLD/42.57 KM NE OF EIDSVOLD

CENTRAL RIDGE 56J 334105 7234175 GOLD/43.89 KM NE OF EIDSVOLD

CAPTAIN OSBORNE 56J 361772 7239857 GOLD/45.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AG;AU;CU;PB;ZN/ROSEDALE

CAPTAIN OSBORNE CREEK 56J 362254 7239975 GOLD/45.2KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

RED STREAK EAST 56J 357914 7241980 GOLD/46.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

RED STREAK GULLY 56J 357945 7242404 GOLD/46.2KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

RED STREAK SOUTH 56J 357814 7241777 GOLD/46.8KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

GIN GIN CREEK 56J 363205 7234494 GOLD/19.3KM NE OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 671292 56J 367218 7229343 GOLD/14.8KM NW OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AU/MOUNT PERRY

UNNAMED 674294 56J 367464 7229553 GOLD/15.1KM NW OF MOUNT PERRY/VERY SMALL/AU;CU/MOUNT PERRY

EVENING SHADE 56J 357712 7255444 GOLD/38.2KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

GYMPIE 56J 357927 7256127 GOLD/37.6KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

HAPPY JACK 56J 358519 7254696 GOLD/37.9KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

LORD NELSON 56J 357603 7255864 GOLD/38.0KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

MORNING STAR 56J 358839 7254322 GOLD/37.8KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

PIONEER 56J 358365 7255648 GOLD/37.5KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 572547 56J 357340 7254860 GOLD/38.8KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 573549 56J 357443 7255059 GOLD/38.6KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 574555 56J 357507 7255661 GOLD/38.2KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 578552 56J 357885 7255328 GOLD/38.1KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 579551 56J 358016 7255256 GOLD/38.8KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 581550 56J 358204 7255190 GOLD/37.9KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 585550 56J 358615 7255124 GOLD/37.6KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

WEST YORKSHIRE 56J 357415 7254964 GOLD/38.7KM WSW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

DEMAR 56J 363189 7234995 GOLD/48.7KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

KOLONGA 56J 363828 7247380 MOLYBDENUM/38.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/MO/ROSEDALE

MARY-EDWARD 56J 366904 7239875 GOLD/42.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

TAKILBERAN CREEK 56J 359555 7239904 GOLD/47 KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 619397 56J 362044 7239849 GOLD/45.5KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 620395 56J 362095 7239634 GOLD/45.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 646492 56J 364705 7249375 MOLYBDENUM/36.5KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/MO/ROSEDALE

WEDDING CAKE 56J 357904 7238875 GOLD/48.9KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AG;AU/ROSEDALE

MOUNT FLORRIE 56J 354366 7234989 GOLD/54.1KM SW OF ROSEDALE

MOUNT BANIA 56J 357442 7242481 MOLYBDENUM/46.5KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/MO/ROSEDALE

BARE ARSE GULLY 56J 358104 7242304 GOLD/46.2KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

UNNAMED 578424 56J 357906 7242584 GOLD/46.1KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AU/ROSEDALE

RED STREAK 56J 357713 7242102 GOLD/46.6KM SW OF ROSEDALE/VERY SMALL/AG;AU/ROSEDALE

Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Info on the mount perry area west of bundy. Empty Swindon Lease

Post  pewterpete Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Swindon Lease

The Swindon Lease is about 22.5km south-south-east of Mount Perry. The mineralization, which was discovered in 1947, occurs within a sequence of tuffaceous rocks which dips at 30° to the north; the volcanics are probably part of the Aranbanga Beds. Gold values were recorded from zones containing siliceous limonite which is dispersed throughout tuff. The area of economic interest is approximately 115m by 30m. In 1952 the more promising leases were taken up by the Mount Rawdon Gold Mining Company These include the Falcon, Dawn, Day Dawn, Rainbow, and Sunrise. Other leases were the Blind Man, Rio, Tail End, Summit, and Delia. Total production from the area was 745 tons of ore, which yielded 192oz gold. The area was abandoned in 1953. It was also reported that little gold has been won from a deposit at Swindon (22.5km east of Mount Perry), from which coarse alluvial gold was shed, but there is little prospect of other than small-scale production.

pewterpete

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-06-14

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down