Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting?

4 posters

Go down

Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting? Empty Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting?

Post  rob007 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi all,just dropped in to this site & joined, as i have a Bounty Hunter Tracker 4, & Im waiting for a Bounty Hunter 505 to arrive. I would be most gratefull if any1 can give me info on any areas etc around Pirie to look for gold or as far as Teetulpa. I will scan all the forums to read up etc but any info would be great Smile

rob007
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting? Empty Re: Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting?

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:23 pm

sorry rob but the bounty 505 is no good for the fields, but i find it great on the beach last year i got about $1400.00 in coins + rings.Had a great time with the the kids.Regards bad boy billy king

Back to top Go down

Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting? Empty Re: Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting?

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 pm

If you want to pm me, I will give you couple spots under 2 hours away where you will find small bits. We used our 4500 there and a mate found colour in his pan
travelergold

Back to top Go down

Any info on Port Pirie area for Gold detecting? Empty bounty hunter detectors

Post  goldslugger Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Very Happy hi rob, owugoin? i,m waiting on a BH discovery 3300 due this week ex USA.how you going with the tracker 4? read about these, but checked others in usa and ebay. in my initial post,i said that in reviewing many sites and forums,the overall rating for the better BH,s seems to be @ 8/10,many of those using other top range units too Question i,ll find out soon enough.many of those posts were using these units in gold areas with good results, check out U.S. sites.i ordered the 4 inch coil also. sure, there are many variables,experience,technique,etc. do some web/net research for the area. flinders ranges? gotta be some thing about surely.exploration and knowledge are most important,i reckon the BH will only be a useful tool,not the magic wand. anyway, go well,get into it. sunny cheers
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  goldendream Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:56 am

I highly recommend the following website for info on SA goldfields and maps...

http://www.tysaustralia.com/goldrushsouthaustralia.html

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  NuggInOne Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Good overview on that link, but in you look at the map at the bottom of the page, ignore the Watts Gully over near Two Wells!

NuggInOne
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down