Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide

3 posters

Go down

Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide Empty Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide

Post  adrian ss Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 am

If Australia is such a horrendous green house gas polluter check out this map for all locations in Australia and tell me exactly where we are creating all of this said green house gasses?   Just type in any location in Australia.  Pollution levels (not on these maps) are based on tons per capita...Maybe a more accurate figure would be derived from Tons per total land mass area..... One thing is for certain is that the Atmosphere over Australia is squeaky clean yet we are crippling the economy by trying to convince the population that our air is polluted.......I think that the true reason for forcing solar and wind power onto us and also killing off the gas and oil production is that a few people in Gov have shares in solar and wind power turbine production.....That is fine for them but at the cost of making living far to expensive.     Already industries are  collapsing and businesses are failing due to massive cost increases.
https://www.ventusky.com/canberra

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide Empty Re: Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide

Post  moredeep Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:08 pm

I think its a case of we're all in this together Adrian?
There are countries on that map with some appalling air quality figures, and I guess that nations like ours have to lead by example by doing something?
I guess it's a matter of supporting poorer nations to change their ways and trying to convince rouge nations to do like wise.
And the other problem this little planet has is deforestation, there are some shocking figures relating to the "lungs of the earth"

[googled it]
Since 1990, it is estimated that 420 million hectares of forest have been lost through conversion to other land uses, although the rate of deforestation has decreased over the past three decades.

Between 2015 and 2020, the rate of deforestation was estimated at 10 million hectares per year, down from 16 million hectares per year in the 1990s. The area of primary forest worldwide has decreased by over 80 million hectares since 1990.

I'd better stop there, I'm starting to sound like someone else Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide Empty Re: Atmospheric Polution Over Australia & World Wide

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:42 pm

Although we all tend to contribute directly or indirectly to some form of green house gas effect into the atmosphere, I'd worry more about China & India's contributions into the atmosphere, than what 26/27 million people of Australia are contributing into the atmosphere Adrian. Either way, two wrongs cannot make it right.
But not to worry. The current climatic events around the world, will continue on their destructive path, till maybe/finally man starts to take the changes of climate & its current devastating effects on this planet, more seriously.
8+ Billion people on this earth & still growing together with the thirst to consume more & more from the earth, in order to sustain our current lifestyles, is just simply unsustainable without give/take, live & let live. Shocked

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm

moredeep wrote:I think its a case of we're all in this together Adrian?
There are countries on that map with some appalling air quality figures, and I guess that nations like ours have to lead by example by doing something?
I guess it's a matter of supporting poorer nations to change their ways and trying to convince rouge nations to do like wise.
And the other problem this little planet has is deforestation, there are some shocking figures relating to the "lungs of the earth"

[googled it]
Since 1990, it is estimated that 420 million hectares of forest have been lost through conversion to other land uses, although the rate of deforestation has decreased over the past three decades.

Between 2015 and 2020, the rate of deforestation was estimated at 10 million hectares per year, down from 16 million hectares per year in the 1990s. The area of primary forest worldwide has decreased by over 80 million hectares since 1990.

I'd better stop there, I'm starting to sound like someone else Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers    moredeep

Problem with us leading by example is that we cannot show any improvement no matter how hard we try because our air is already clean..  I guess that in the future after we have all changed to solar and wind power and batteries our illustrious leaders will say " look how clean our air is and it is all due to not using fossil fuels " ....By the time that happens people will be living in long stay caravan parks, tents  or blocks of tiny square apartments and will  have either forgotten or had never known that our atmosphere was always clean as a whistle and by that time we will be living off "Soylent Green' ... Remember that flick?? pale

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:11 pm

No matter how big or small a nation & its people are, there's always room for improvement within ones own environment Adrian. Smile
"Soilent Green" affraid   I dread the thought & may we never see the day where humanity, needs to consume itself as a food source, in order for us to survive.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:29 pm

It's all about the cumulative effect.

googled it
How much of Australia has been cleared?
Image result for land clearing rates in Australia
Nearly 50% of Australia's forest cover has been cleared in the last two centuries, making it one of the worst developed countries for deforestation.

we're all part of the problem??

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:29 pm

To some degree or another, we are all part of the problem moredeep & if we don't start taking heed of the early signs taking place & making changes in our ways for the better of us all, it's not just the animals, but us humans to will be contributing to our own extinction (if we're not already contributing to it). Shocked

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:35 pm

We are the only creatures on the planet that has to change everything in order for us to survive. We are so weak and feeble. All other animals have managed to survive and evolve without the need to alter the  environment. All other life has adapted to nature and has become quite remarkable in the process. We are the odd ones out with an insatiable need to wipe out everything that is a threat to us. We seem to be unable to live in harmony with anything, including ourselves.
    The problem is that somebody always wants to be the boss and rule over everybody else and to live by one rule , their rule. That famous and mysterious "They" wanted to introduce a Right & Wrong, Their idea of right & wrong, but few could agree on one rule and so we ended up with different cultures/systems of belief and languages that has resulted in all of the turmoil in the world today that is the direct cause of why nobody can agree on the cause of or how to combat climate change, along with just about everything else.

When we are born we know nothing aside from particular instinctive survival programs that have become embedded after many millions of years and know neither right or wrong until such time as some adult programs our minds into believing what ever that person wants us to believe.   Those beliefs are called religion. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down