Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tiddlers keep coming.

2 posters

Go down

The tiddlers keep coming. Empty The tiddlers keep coming.

Post  Axtyr Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:23 pm

G'day everyone.

I ventured out on Wednesday and it was a great day. It was warm but the breeze made it enjoyable to be out.
Those little spiky bummed spiders are everywhere at the moment and the march flies are on the move as well.

I managed 2 small pieces. The first one was on a small mullock mound that I have probably detected many times. The second piece was in an area near where Moredeep picked up several small bits a few weeks ago. Both pieces weighed 0.14 gram each.
The tiddlers keep coming. DHKvhYW

The first piece I got I found it 3 times. It was inside a small rock and after freeing it from the rock I dropped it. When I got home I soaked it in acid and whilst scraping the attached rock away I dropped it again. Thankfully it was inside the garage. It took a while but I got it again.

While I was out detecting I often got a whiff of some decaying animal. Before I left I walked around trying to locate where the odour was coming from. Thankfully it was a kangaroo and not a person.

Good luck out there.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

4rd and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

The tiddlers keep coming. Empty Re: The tiddlers keep coming.

Post  Kon61gold Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:06 pm

I'm with you on that one Axtyr. In just about every low lying creek or gully I tend to work through, something dead or decomposing near by tends to hit ones schnauzer every now & again. I've seen on more than one occasion a decomposing wallaby or kangaroo carcase near by.
On other occasions I happen to walk past a bunch of feathers concentrate/spread like in a small circle, knowing full well that a hawk or eagle has had its fill on some unfortunate bit of prey. Such is life I suppose, but well done on the gold finds cheers

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down