Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead in the water

+8
adrian ss
pablop
avon g
Axtyr
Kon61gold
Detectist
moredeep
Reg Wilson
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dead in the water - Page 2 Empty Re: Dead in the water

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:39 pm

Gentlemen, lets take a step back here a little & not let the worst get a hold of us.
Considering what the world has gone through & or continues to go through, affecting all our individual lives in some way or another, I don't blame any forum, from slowing down, even to that of a crawl.
Change whether for good or bad, is inevitable & they who can best adapt to such changes, will always be one step ahead of the rest.
Life as we once new it to be, might never be the same again.
So lets not dwell in the past of who did this or that, or who were more in the right or wrong, but concentrate on doing the best we can with one another, with what ever little time we have left, (for life, compared to time, is but the blink of an eye, here one day, gone the next Shocked )
Its just to short a life for arguments that lead to no where, but frustration, anguish & despair.
We on here, are of the living. So lets all concentrate on better times ahead.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Oldfella, adrian ss, moredeep and Harryb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:45 am

Well said Kon.

I have been running out of prospecting stuff to write about for a while now and have redirected my activities to resurrecting  my interest in astronomy since the arrival of the comets currently going around the sun.
Have also been trying out a Star tracker which has potential for some good night sky pics. No luck yet due to no clear skys for a number of days now plus am having trouble with the Polar Alignment. Tonight might be looking good.

Dead in the water - Page 2 Rscn2313

Dead in the water - Page 2 Rscn2315
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:27 pm

Fancy bit of gear there Adrian. You can bet the stars have fascinated more than one race of people over the ages.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm

I think we will be wondering what space and the stars really are for a long time to come.
   Which is correct Quantum theory or particle theory?  If energy is matter and matter is energy, why does the wind not blow magnetic fields about.
Laughing Maybe neither is correct. Space is full of magnetic fields and gravity and we have no clue as to what either is made up of.....Does that matter ? Hell no! .
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

pablop likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LongBrown Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 pm

Reg you could always liven it up a bit.
You grew up in Castlemaine so respectfully ....I’ll bet you’ve got some wicked stories to tell of the olden days lol

We had some decent flooding last year and I had no idea the place was capable of dumping so much water and just so glad we were on a hill, unlike the substation at Campbells Creek.... built in a creek.

LongBrown
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2023-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm

Apparently the original creek ran down along forest st in Castlemaine, under where the main round about is now.
It was redirected and a levy built to reduce flooding in the main streets.
As with a lot of towns original creeks were moved, as was in Bendigo, apparently the original creek ran down parts of Hargreaves st where the mall is today[not pall mall]
You would never know looking at it now ,it looks like its been there forever.

cheers    moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:08 am

LongBrown, I was born in Castlemaine, but moved away when quite young. My only gold memory was being taught to pan in Forest creek.
My ancestors on my mothers side were from Campbells Creek, Muckleford and Newstead Where my great, great Grandfather was Mayor at one time.
While I have detected a number of areas from Maldon and Nuggetty southward to Newstead (Fentiman's, Smiths Reef, Dunn's Reef, Red White and Blue line of reefs) and others, I have done little on the East side of the Muckleford fault line. There is a blank area between the Smith's Reef line of workings and the main Castlemaine Fryerstown reefs with only the odd small show between, where I have found some gold but all of it showing a deal of travel wear and no sign of original reef. A few years back I did fluke a 27.7 oz nugget on the Fentiman's line. It was a big signal at shallow depth and could have been left because other detectors may have mistakenly taken it to be rubbish.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LongBrown Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:46 pm

moredeep wrote:Apparently the original creek ran down along forest st in Castlemaine, under where the main round about is now.
It was redirected and a levy built to reduce flooding in the main streets.
As with a lot of towns original creeks were moved, as was in Bendigo, apparently the original creek ran down parts of Hargreaves st where the mall is today[not pall mall]
You would never know looking at it now ,it looks like its been there forever.

cheers    moredeep

I had no idea about the old river course but have noted the bare rock by the bridge, across the rd from the new woolies ...and thought it  looked like a prime inside bend type rock face there.

The old ancient course of is the one that I’ve focussed the last decade + on.
Mostly small stuff but did do ok in the area on the two lots,actually couldn’t believe no one had done it before

Last edited by LongBrown on Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LongBrown
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  LongBrown Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Hi Reg I hope you’re keeping well
Sorry I couldn’t remember the details, now finders is gone so are the PMs.

You realise there’s probably going to be a stampede of PA campers to the area now with car loads of household junk  to leave behind when they depart.

I had a look in that area you speak of just after Christmas, very different to what I’m used to around with some enormous open
Stopes around the place.
The main reason I went for a look is a sprinkler fitter at work showed me a photo of a big specimen his mate found around ————— somewhere, a newbie, just beginners luck by the way he described it. A brick sized brown fractured quartz piece  with a lot of gold I can’t remember but it was either 40oz or 40k worth.

I guess it’s just time on the ground and managing to find a spot that hasn’t been flogged by others at this point in the game.

Do you still get out occasionally?

LongBrown
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2