Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First real find, need help identifying thanks

4 posters

Go down

First real find, need help identifying thanks  Empty First real find, need help identifying thanks

Post  New2goldworld Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:04 am

Hello everyone, I’ve been prospecting as a hobby for about 6 years with no real luck, so last year I dove into some reasearch on maguma gold deposits and how they are formed based in my area of Nova Scotia.
This lead me to find quarts vein that shows all prominent signs of gold , it’s a saddle reef deposit if I’m correct that is, here are some pics of what I found . Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.First real find, need help identifying thanks  6fa23f10
First real find, need help identifying thanks  569f9c10
First real find, need help identifying thanks  5301dd10

New2goldworld

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-12-29

Back to top Go down

First real find, need help identifying thanks  Empty Re: First real find, need help identifying thanks

Post  Kon61gold Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:41 pm

Welcome to the forum New2goldworld.

Unfortunately I haven't got much knowledge on types of quartz reefs that may or may not be associated with the formation of gold or gold deposits (less the 3 main known main ingredients (slate, ironstone, & quartz) which normally accompany the formation of gold deposits within the near by surrounding district.
There are some excellent videos on youtube (such that of Chris Ralf's) which better explain, what signs to look for in quartz loads/reefs/veins, that are associated with gold or the formation of gold deposits.
Here is a link below which might be of help to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9d-8KNUoU
Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

First real find, need help identifying thanks  Empty Re: First real find, need help identifying thanks

Post  geof_junk Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Here are some of the specimens that I have found all have gold in them.

First real find, need help identifying thanks  Pictur12
First real find, need help identifying thanks  Pictur10[/url]
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:00 pm

New2goldworld wrote:Hello everyone, I’ve been prospecting as a hobby for about 6 years with no real luck, so last year I dove into some reasearch on maguma gold deposits and how they are formed based in my area of Nova Scotia.
This lead me to find quarts vein that shows all prominent signs of gold , it’s a saddle reef deposit if I’m correct that is, here are some pics of what I found . Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.First real find, need help identifying thanks  6fa23f10
First real find, need help identifying thanks  569f9c10
First real find, need help identifying thanks  5301dd10

Looks like good gold bearing rock to me and the dark sulfide ish stuff may be galena but guessing from a pic is not a good idea.
Either way at a rough guess you may be onto a good spot. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down