Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insane fuel prices

+5
AraratGold
geof_junk
Nightjar
Kon61gold
PeterInSa
9 posters

Go down

Insane fuel prices Empty Insane fuel prices

Post  davsgold Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am

Might be time to get the old hay burner out Laughing

Insane fuel prices Hay_bu11

maybe they won't delete it this time if it is in its' own relevant topic
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

bushbasher90 and Nightjar like this post

Back to top Go down

Insane fuel prices Empty Re: Insane fuel prices

Post  geof_junk Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:11 pm

If our vehicles go slower we would get further per fill up. That would make the greenies happy but Dave your unit is a bit slow and might give off methane gas.  Insane fuel prices 1f61c
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:22 pm

geof_junk wrote:If our vehicles go slower we would get further per fill up. That would make the greenies happy but Dave your unit is a bit slow and might give off methane gas.  Insane fuel prices 1f61c

it's not L/hundred kms in this rig it's Kgs/hundred kms Laughing
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Glad our runabout is a 1.3lt Yaris 5 door hatch, better fuel economy than the Cruiser..

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:04 pm

I didn't delete the 3 footed man which to me, were a little more provocative picture wise, than that of a horse & cart, so I don't see why I should have this picture of horse & cart in relevance to the exorbitant fuel hikes deleted.. Smile

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:21 pm

A 180km round trip last Saturday to visit family in the ute that slurps up 20L/100km. Don't wish to spoil the memories of the pleasant day with what the replacement fuel will cost? Shocked
Do you believe the "Electric car dealerships" are rubbing their hands, thinking let the $$$$ roll.
No doubt many of you will have seen the pic of the electric car being charged and the charger being charged by a large diesel generator? Laughing
Probably photoshopped but did raise a warped laugh.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

bushbasher90 and davsgold like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:39 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Glad our runabout is a 1.3lt Yaris 5 door hatch, better fuel economy than the Cruiser..

Peter I had a Yaris 1.5 got nearly 180K on the clock. Great fuel consumption and original Brake pads and Shockers. Traded it in on a Yaris X urban in June. What a difference in fuel usage. Since it first 15,000K service I have done another 5,000K it has average out to 5.2 Lt/100Km, the 80K roadwork restriction may of help a bit.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Nightjar wrote:A 180km round trip last Saturday to visit family in the ute that slurps up 20L/100km. Don't wish to spoil the memories of the pleasant day with what the replacement fuel will cost? Shocked
Do you believe the "Electric car dealerships" are rubbing their hands, thinking let the $$$$ roll.
No doubt many of you will have seen the pic of the electric car being charged and the charger being charged by a large diesel generator? Laughing

This is not photoshopped. This is a photo I took of a Tesla hypocrite hooked up to a caravan charge point at the Caiguna WA roadhouse. A power point that IS powered by a diesel genny !
He had to stay at the park all night to charge up on the slow diesel charger !

Insane fuel prices Tesla_10
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

bushbasher90, bowenboi, adrian ss and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:13 pm

yes, smoke and mirrors, they like us to believe everything without question and if we do happen to question we are tin hat conspiracy,... and you know the rest

yes there is info out there for those willing to look Very Happy
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:04 am

$2.90 Bordertown Shell...Nullabour roadhouse has either ran outa diesel or it is just too ridiculous to list the price. Outside metro average seems around $2.20-2.25...
Tapis has dropped back to pre invasion price per barrel...it will take at least 3 weeks to reflect this here (Remembering crude contracts are for advanced purchases).

Electric cars...brilliant but in its infancy...at the moment they suit soccer mums/city commuters or egotistical Wayne Kerrs, very limited charge points has them corralled to the metro . The person driving that car is doing so knowing its not intended to go outside metro so yes they will have to use lower amp charge points, that's an infrastructure issue not a hypocrite and why doesn't the roadhouse have solar panels ? people seem to point fingers at the users not the providers...cost of panels to offset fuel cost compared to running a diesel Genny 24/7.
If prices come down the wife would buy one...and none of our adult kids play soccer Very Happy

Chinese are the ones rubbing their hands as Lithium is going to be king...why do you think they jumped into Afghanistan offering to help (cough cough...that's Chinese help themselves) mine one of the worlds largest deposits (I maybe incorrect on the actuals on deposit). Elon Musk has one of the largest electric cars plants located in China pushing out I believe around 2 million cars a year for the Chinese market...and is in the process of building another identical in size....thing that shocked me was the original plant took less than 6 months to build and be online !!!
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 am

My wife said lets get an electric car What a Face
I basically said it's not worth it, she's does about 5k a year.
Unless your doing daily city commutes or large k's it's not viable ,we'll be waiting a long time for a second hand one? ,I'll be ready for a mobile scooter by then Laughing
The other thing is that young bucks won't be able to drive them due to their amazing acceleration ?? [ horse power restrictions ]

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:19 pm

AraratGold wrote:
Nightjar wrote:A 180km round trip last Saturday to visit family in the ute that slurps up 20L/100km. Don't wish to spoil the memories of the pleasant day with what the replacement fuel will cost? Shocked

This is not photoshopped. This is a photo I took of a Tesla hypocrite hooked up to a caravan charge point at the Caiguna WA roadhouse. A power point that IS powered by a diesel genny !
He had to stay at the park all night to charge up on the slow diesel charger !

Insane fuel prices Tesla_10

Yes these EVs are great for around town driving but they will add days to long distance travel due to the slow charging and if you drive them until the battery is almost discharged you will take years off the usable life of the battery because  lithiums hate fast charges from flat.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down