Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness

+6
Nightjar
planetcare
adrian ss
PeterInSa
soldier of fortune
deutran
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness Empty Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:12 pm

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness
The Victorian health department has released figures showing people who'd had two doses of COVID-19 vaccine were more than seven times more likely to end up in intensive care if they contract the virus than someone with three doses.
The department used figures from early February to evaluate the chances of a person with different levels of vaccine coverage needing greater hospital care.
It found someone who was unvaccinated was 4.5 times more likely to end up in ICU than someone who had had two doses of vaccine, and 34 times more likely to need intensive care than someone who had had a booster.
The department said people with three doses of vaccine made up 7.9 per cent of cases in ICU, but made up 45.9 per cent of the general adult population.
People who had had a booster were 88 per cent less likely to die from a COVID-19 infection than someone with no doses of vaccine.
"The data is clear that getting your third dose will significantly reduce your chances of going to hospital, going to ICU or dying from COVID-19," a spokesperson for the health department said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-14/victoria-records-new-deaths-from-covid-hospitalisations-cases/100827206

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness Empty Re: Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness

Post  deutran Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:14 pm

There is no accounting for the time interval between 2-3 doses here or those that already have natural immunity.I guess we need more time to get better statistical information from larger sampling.We already know age is a significant factor whether tripled dosed or not.Omicron accounts for nearly all cases now but what does the data say about the chances of hospitalization as to say the yearly flu that we never really seemed to take seriously.
I know Pfizer now has a vaccine for Omicron but what happens when new variants emerge.Will we need booster for each.How do these affect our immune system.Is there a push for profits in all of this.There's a lot of unanswered questions and I already notice a hesitancy on the 3rd jab in the general population now.

Last edited by deutran on Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness Empty Re: Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:26 pm

deutran wrote:There is no accounting for the time interval between 2-3 doses here and those that already have natural immunity.I guess we need more time to get better statistical information from larger sampling.

Well the data is pretty much reflecting what is being seen in other states and O/S.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Well, i hope this booster does do some good because i got mine on thursday last week and had my first day off work in 20 years on friday.
12 hours after the jab i shivered and got hot and cold sweating, couldn`t eat or sleep for the next 24 hours  , was  hallucinating all night and day , was dry retching and wasn`t that flash. I took the rapid test and was negative  for covid , but still not well until saturday. No side effects since then. Then Dan tells us retail and hospitality workers to still keep the masks on from friday  while we work our behinds to the ground , but our customers can walk around vaccinated or not and spread the virus in our shop and others without a mask.  Makes no sense at all. What is the opinion on us retail  and hospitality workers still having to wear the mask  all day long? I do a bucket load of heavy lifting and it is a struggle breathing sometimes. We have been wearing them since about the middle of last year. Is it still the safe thing to do or a waste of time ?

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am

soldier of fortune wrote:Well, i hope this booster does do some good because i got mine on thursday last week and had my first day off work in 20 years on friday.
12 hours after the jab i shivered and got hot and cold sweating, couldn`t eat or sleep for the next 24 hours  , was  hallucinating all night and day , was dry retching and wasn`t that flash. I took the rapid test and was negative  for covid , but still not well until saturday. No side effects since then.

It sounds like you got some of the injection into your blood when it is strictly only meant to go into the muscle, watch this video, and if you still believe in masks well....

davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Thanks, Dave. That is an interesting video. I saw it earlier on but had not watched it yet. You could be on the money with where the injection went. I don`t know if you can answer this , but someone might be able to. If the injection didn`t go into a muscle and went into the bloodstream or a vein or somewhere else ,then did i actually get vaccinated or just jabbed in the arm with a needle ? As for the mask , we are still not sure we really want to take them off now if we are going tp be exposed to strangers possibly carrying the virus ,even though the summer months make it hard to wear them.However, to put it in perspective, the poor hospital workers do it all day in cooler conditions than where i work , but i am told ICU staff are sweating it out big time with little reprieve. I got the 3rd jab to reduce the risk of meeting those people in ICU. I still find it strange you might have 50 staff ( who will be known contacts ) in a supermarket or hardware store all masked up and then have 500 or more unmasked customers ( who will be unknown contacts ) wandering around in the same building with no way of tracing them to tell them they may have been exposed to the virus if a staff member happens to get it. They say kids of a certain age in Victoria must wear a mask because the vaccination rates are low for kids, but on the other hand workers have a much higher vaccination rate ,but are told to still wear one. Bizarre rules. On March 15 in Victoria , all people entering Schools will have to be triple vaccinated. Sounds like there is still a big worry with schools and Covid. Stay safe and stay healthy. Do all the right things and we will get there eventually.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 pm

soldier of fortune, I don't know the answer to you question as to how effictive the jab juice is if it goes straight into a vein, but from some reports it would be lucky that you survived it really.

and as for the rest of what you say, yes it is a strange strange wold we live in, and the rules make no sense
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:33 pm

My take on this, nothings over till its over. What we're seeing now (drop in covid-19 infections is 1, because of summer season (steady heat instead of cold) & 2, the higher the vaccination rates of people being double or triple vaccinated, the more reduction in numbers & control we'll have over covid-19. Now if the circumstances/numbers of of covid-19 infections today, remain low or continue to reduce throughout winter, then & then only can I say, we're on top of things winning the fight.
Problem is, the son of Frankenstein (omicron BA.2)  being more contagious than the original omicron strain, is spreading around the world more rapidly than omicron itself & more time is needed for the worlds scientists/doctors to understand its capabilities (strengths/weaknesses)
Only a matter of time before it takes off here.
To think we haven't enough on our plate to contend with, given that economies of the world suffer as we speak, but come winter, we could be facing both new strains of influenza, as well as the son of omicron & the last thing man needs right now, is a long drawn out war between nations, bringing even greater poverty, pestilence & hunger to the world.  V02  Shocked  affraid  V04  

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Nightjar, mbasko, hiluxer and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:59 pm

I have had 2 AstraZeneca and one booster shot Pfizer with no problems at all, barely felt the needle.
The wife has had 2 AstraZeneca and a Pfizer booster shot as well as a forth shot (second booster) Moderna. The only effect that may of occurred is after the last shot for a couple of days she had vision problem similar to a migraine but no head ache. It might of been cause by other reasons and not the vaccine who knows. Carol has 3 day a month of Intravenous immune globulin ("IVIG") infusions in a port for at least 7 years. IVIG is a product made up of antibodies that can be given intravenously (through a vein). Antibodies are proteins that your body makes to help you fight infections.

I wonder if all of the bad media and views expressed  about the vaccines has a placebo effect on some people.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

mbasko and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:47 am

geof_junk wrote:

I wonder if all of the bad media and views expressed  about the vaccines has a placebo effect on some people.

You must have some other kind of TV news channels because there is nothing bad being expressed on the lamestream news, but you are right there is some bad stuff from the jabbs  (side effects) but you won't hear/see much about it on the TV news
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:29 pm

geof_junk wrote:

[quote]
A study from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center found that a large number of side effects reported by patients after receiving their shot can be attributed to the placebo effect.

Researchers examined 12 vaccine safety trials, involving thousands of people, and compared rates of side effects reported between those who received a placebo shot and those who received a real shot. They found that after the first shot, two-thirds of people experienced side effects like headache and fatigue, which the researchers said were attributable to the placebo effect. Shockingly, nearly a quarter of the people -- some who received the placebo shot -- experienced side effects like a sore arm, also attributable to the placebo effect.

The placebo effect occurs when people anticipate a medical treatment will have certain effects, so much so that they perceive the outcomes they were expecting after the treatment.

"Never underestimate the power of the human mind."
[\quote]
https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-vaccine-side-effects-placebo-effect-5216884

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:48 pm

so mbasko, would you say the "Placebo effect" includes a bad side effect like death, so saying the person got a jab un knowing if a real shot or placebo and expected it to be fatal it would/could be????????????????????????? the power of the human mind you say Very Happy
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Not at all David.
Just providing some info to Geoff that his thinking on it is backed by research i.e. a fair percentage of side effects can be attributed to the placebo effect.
At no stage did I say or indicate that ALL side effects are a placebo effect or discount that some (a proven very small number) can have a tragic outcome.
Not getting into a pointless argument with you over it David, you've made your views on covid vaccinations very clear, - my reply was to Geoff not you so you can put your shirt back on 👍

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:07 pm

mbasko wrote:Not at all David.
Just providing some info to Geoff that his thinking on it is backed by research i.e. a fair percentage of side effects can be attributed to the placebo effect.
At no stage did I say or indicate that ALL side effects are a placebo effect or discount that some (a proven very small number) can have a tragic outcome.
Not getting into a pointless argument with you over it David, you've made your views on covid vaccinations very clear, - my reply was to Geoff not you so you can put your shirt back on 👍

Q14 Q14 Q14 T32 T34 V13 Its all good Its all good Its all good
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk and mbasko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:08 pm

mbasko wrote:Not at all David.

In the clinical trials of the vaccines about 35% of the adverse effects were noted in the placebo group.
Frequency of Adverse Events in the Placebo Arms of COVID-19 Vaccine Trials
A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Findings In this systematic review and meta-analysis of 12 articles including AE reports for 45 380 trial participants, systemic AEs were experienced by 35% of placebo recipients after the first dose and 32% after the second. Significantly more AEs were reported in the vaccine groups, but AEs in placebo arms (“nocebo responses”) accounted for 76% of systemic AEs after the first COVID-19 vaccine dose and 52% after the second dose.
Meaning This study found that the rate of nocebo responses in placebo arms of COVID-19 vaccine trials was substantial; this finding should be considered in public vaccination programs.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2788172

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:53 am

NSW government and health officials reveals not all is as it seemed and how it was reported, affraid

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=641541120392831
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Vaccination data reveals booster effectiveness Empty Why people believe in COVID-19 Conspiracies

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:35 pm

Here's a youtube video on why some people prefer to believe in covid-19 conspiracies, instead of actual proven scientific facts/figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaYfoGwH33I
& another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EK4VRmG3yM
& maybe just one more for the unrelentless in faith conspiracists  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtPHCpIRWU

Last edited by Kon61gold on Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:40 pm

davsgold wrote:NSW government and health officials reveals not all is as it seemed and how it was reported, affraid

I would treat all social media posts with some skepticism!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:59 pm

planetcare wrote:
davsgold wrote:NSW government and health officials reveals not all is as it seemed and how it was reported, affraid

I  would  treat all social media posts with some skepticism!

Just because it was it was recorded and replayed on Facebook hardly makes is scepticism, it is the actual NSW government and NSW health officials doing the talk how much more real do you want it, the footage has not been edited or doctored it is exactly what they are saying
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:06 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Here's a youtube video on why some people prefer to believe in covid-19 conspiracies, instead of actual proven scientific facts/figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaYfoGwH33I
& another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EK4VRmG3yM
& maybe just one more for the unrelentless in faith conspiracists  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtPHCpIRWU

hey Kon if I put up links to youtube videos like that I get warned and told to back of the tin hat bullsh!t now your doing the same thing Shocked

the last link I put there is exactly what NSW health officials said I don't think planetare or anyone else can say it in not what they said, how much more real does something need to be????????

davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:01 pm

The problem is you don't put up any videos like the ones I have put up on here Dave, but deliberately go about searching for a select few videos coming from a select few individuals personal beliefs, insisting on them being in the right & every other scientist/doctor around the world as being in the wrong, in regards to everything associated with covid-19. First it were on Climate change, now on Covid-19, what's next?
This is the reason why I go against your way of thinking/belief, for you bring no sound foundation of facts/figures on the table to go by, but instead, prefer to & insist on criticising/ridiculing another's legitimate post write up.
If anyone on here believes, that another's post or write up is in the wrong, then bring proof to the table which states elsewise. Not hearsay, or words based on an individuals personal beliefs, but proper/relevant facts/figures, based on the majority of worlds science/medical profession.
I've said this before & I'll say it again, to all members on here who care to understand, this forum is not to be used for ones personal, uncivil squabbling agendas against one another, bringing this forum into constant degradation/disrepute.
Let me be clearer on this. If anyone on here thinks or believes this forum is not for them, then may I suggest, "Get Off My Forum" & go elsewhere.
 There will be no more warning for anyone on here, who deliberately goes out of their way inciting chaos & or anarchy, for the sole purpose of argument alone. You either come on here talking sense, abiding by the rules of this forum, or be content with getting banned.

Management T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:15 pm

never mind, of no relevance really

Last edited by davsgold on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed the link myself)
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:41 pm

this video by Dr John Campbell looks as low vitamin D3 levels and covid

davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:27 am

what do unvaccinated and vaccinated have in common?

They’ll never be fully vaccinated
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:51 pm

davsgold wrote:so mbasko, would you say the "Placebo effect" includes a bad side effect like death, so saying the person got a jab un knowing if a real shot or placebo and expected it to be fatal it would/could be????????????????????????? the power of the human mind you say Very Happy

Remember the Aboriginal bone pointing ceremony. Almost always killed its victim by a placebo effect brought about by the sole and absolute belief that you will die if subjected to a bone pointing. It didn't matter if you were in visual range of the bone pointer or if he was a hundred miles away, As soon as the victim discovered that he had been subjected to the bone pointing ceremony he believed he was doomed and he would sicken and die in time. Nothing would convince him otherwise. ...His own mind would kill him.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:07 pm

adrianss wrote:
Remember the Aboriginal bone pointing ceremony. Almost always killed its victim by a placebo effect brought about by the sole and absolute belief that you will die if subjected to a bone pointing. It didn't matter if you were in visual range of the bone pointer or if he was a hundred miles away, As soon as the victim discovered that he had been subjected to the bone pointing ceremony he believed he was doomed and he would sicken and die in time. Nothing would convince him otherwise. ...His own mind would kill him.

and it can work in reverse, your mind can cure you as well, and your mind combined with a healthy immune system will beat a lot of viruses and well............u know
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:46 pm

Re (and your mind combined with a healthy immune system will beat a lot of viruses)

I take a swig of olive leaf extract (its bloody terrible) every morning with a glass of Tomato Juice to improve my immunity system. The TJ to minimize prostate problems. ( But still had the 3 Covid Shots)

https://www.healthline.com/health/olive-leaf-extract

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 am

another video of Dr John Campbell discussing the released info from Pfizer and he is very concerned that the info was with held and not released at the very beginning, watch what he has to say and decide for yourself

davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:57 am

Yep, have listened to what he had to say & have drawn up my own conclusions which go something like this:
Total number of deaths in the US due to or from the vaccine = 1,223
Approx. number of people in the US having some sort of adverse side effect by the Pfizer vaccine (+/-) = 141,000
Population of America +/-  320 million
Number of Americans vaccinated with at least 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine = +/- 75%  which equates to (+/-)  240 million Americans
Number of deaths from or due to covid-19 in the US (+/-) = just over 960 thousand, (many of which were not vaccinated at all)
Now I would hate to guess how much higher the death rate in the US would be, if no vaccinations to covid-19 were made available or had taken place?

Conclusion, (for me & me only) I'll take my chances with taking the the vaccine on any given day, together with any probable side effects caused or induced by the vaccine, if the vaccine were known/proven to reduce my chances of being hospitalized, with the possibility of not having to fight for my life breathing through a ventilator, due to having contracted the full force/severity of the disease side of covid-19 taking hold.  But again I state, each to their own  Smile
Mind you Dave, that doesn't mean I don't look down at my bottom half every now and then (you know, just to make sure that 3rd foot, isn't taking the place of where the old horse use to once dangle from).  Shocked  Q35  

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:05 am

This topic is now: Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next