Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research tool for QLD prospectors

+2
kevlorraine2
rc62burke
6 posters

Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty Research tool for QLD prospectors

Post  rc62burke Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 am

Hi All
I added this to "Information on Goldfields" just thought i'd bring it to everyones attention here,
The Department of Mines & Energy QLD or DME for short has a link on their site called QDEX reports, this is a database of scanned reports from mining companies & exploration companies, it has a number of searches that you can do, info such as : stream sediments samples g/tonne au, rock chip samples, description on the geology of the area, maps GPS co-ords, very interesting system I have located an area on my property with gold valuesof 20g/tonne to 96g/tonne in rock chip samples (qrtz) no other source of research showed the potential of that area.

You have to register as a user, it costs nothing, I have no doubt it will put you in the right area.
best of luck, I can't wait till next year when it cools a bit, as I haven't found a patch yet, I feel its a bit hot to put in the long hours searching at the moment so research is the order of the day so Ill be primed and ready, if only I had a patch I'd be night hunting.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty DME online information

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 pm

hi RC (is that an abrievation of your luck)
been using dme interactive maps for some years, they are a lotof help to get you in the right area.
tried to get into qdex, but i keep hitting a brick wall when they say to post the completed application form after downloading to a paper form, tried every which way to get a printed copy, but no go, just refuses to print out anything on that site?

were they topographical maps showing the stream sediments and rock chip samples of a nominated area, and if so at what scale?

just had a thought, i will drop into the nearest DME office and get them to give me a application form ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty DME Info

Post  rc62burke Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi Kev
RC = Recruit Course number 62 - from when I joined the QLD fire service, RC could also represent my luck as the 3rd nugget I found was a 6ozer.
The maps are not all topos but give good detail stream sample location etc scales vary & you can zoom in & out some geo maps also quite easy to match it all upto topo's.
I got the form @ a DME office, talk to the staff they also have more detail on their system with regards historic mining claims some of which are not in ITRM system.
Hope this helps everyone.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty Re: Research tool for QLD prospectors

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:02 pm

I just printed this for of their web site. You can fill it in and then fax it to them. I rang them and it takes a day or so for them to finilaze it and get back to you. Also there are a couple of sopts that the question are not relevant, they just said to put private use in or near that box. Hope this helps some.

Here is the link.
https://qeri.dme.qld.gov.au/qeri/controller/Home

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the link)

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty QMD - application forms

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:23 pm

just tried the link provided by davesgold, thanks for the effort, but took me to QERI and said this site is for registered users only, tried to identify my computor and got no further. will go into a QMD office when in town and get the form.
as RC says, now is the time for study in the comfort of your airconditioning. thanks for your help guys ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:53 pm

https://qeri.dme.qld.gov.au/qeri/controller/Home
Try this link and click on the "External User Access Request Form " this takes you to the form to print out

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty QERI or QMD - request form

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm

hi davesgold, been back to the site, still no go, same as before.
will get a form from the local office, thanks ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jc84 Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Hey Lee,

Digging up an old post I know, just wanted to say thanks for sharing the QDEX site. I spent a few hours on it last night finding info on my property I'd been interested in knowing in years now. The old geologist that ran the private company that had the EPM over my property died a few years back and I'd always been interested to know what his findings where. His company was sold off by the remaining family to a larger exploration company and I thought the information lost forever.

Thanks again champ.

JC

jc84
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi JC
Happy to help in some small way, hope you got some good info, what area are you in?
Keep looking as it takes a little experience with the system to get the best out of it, sometimes the most obscure search reveals big time good luck.
have a golden year.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jc84 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi JC
Happy to help in some small way, hope you got some good info, what area are you in?
Keep looking as it takes a little experience with the system to get the best out of it, sometimes the most obscure search reveals big time good luck.
have a golden year.

Just north of Marlborough, between rocky and mackay.
Yeah between the search system and the jargon they talk in the reports it's a bit tricky. Lucky I'm kinda handy with maps. Razz

jc84
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty Historical Data

Post  Nuggethunter.com.au Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am a geologist by trade and use QDEX and My Mines Online Maps for my work.

They really are a gold mine (pun intended) of information once you get used to them.

I have been putting together gold find location datasets in a format which can be loaded straight into your GPS from QDEX and each states relevant website for some time and am putting together a website to get them out there.

Watch this space!

Nuggethunter.com.au
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Nuggethunter.com.au wrote:Hi guys,

I am a geologist by trade and use QDEX and My Mines Online Maps for my work.

They really are a gold mine (pun intended) of information once you get used to them.

I have been putting together gold find location datasets in a format which can be loaded straight into your GPS from QDEX and each states relevant website for some time and am putting together a website to get them out there.

Watch this space!

Nuggethunter.com.au I see that you have just join this FORUM after looking at your sight It seem like you don't know that most of this information and format is similar to what is available for free to all member of this forum.

See ---LINK---
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Research tool for QLD prospectors Empty GPS Data

Post  Nuggethunter.com.au Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:42 am

Hi jeof_junk,

That is a great resource, good to see the data getting out there and thanks for your feedback.

We are offering the data in .gpx format which is our main product. This can be directly loaded into your GPS. I see that the .gpx data is available for NSW, QLD, VIC and WA but SA, TAS and NT are not there. We have the lot.

Just looking at the Queensland data, it looks like the dataset available has about 1,700 fewer sites than our data. I know that even the historical data we have is very far from complete and we aim to keep including locations to add to our data from historical research which is ongoing.

Thanks again for your feedback by the way, Love seeing what's out there and how we can provide more!

Nuggethunter.com.au
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Good luck with your project, it great to see data being made useful for the serious prospector. You will find that Qld as well as WA have a lot of mines duplicated with different name and dates, I have removed a lot of Mines with the same GPS co-ordinates to reduce overlays on the maps. All the best Geof.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi Geof & Nuggethunter

Removal of duplicated Mines GPS location can lead to a missing renamed Mine if you need to research that mine you will not have its other name on the screen to search its history, you have to be careful when stripping Data that way

I keep my Data raw as many mines have more then one Mineral and that could lead to a location as copper but has Gold found there as well so stripping Gold plots only will leave out others copper/gold.

cheers
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 pm

David the latest Qld Data have been classified as main element gold or copper etc first in the ALL_COMMOD The culling of mine records were of same name and co-ord that closed and reopen at a different time.(therefore many entries of the same mine) Your point is noted that when filtering records care should be taken with what is selected. My personal records are much more detail than those listed on this site, of course a lot of my own area of interest have details from mining companies, geo, sampling and other archive records that I would not put out there for others to use.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down