Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 6000 released?

+19
Sparrowfart
stevevic
kiwijw
joe82
phrunt
Kon61gold
AraratGold
gef50
Sharkbait
adrian ss
GemQ
PeterInSa
moredeep
Slavitoooo
Jin
mn90403
Redfin
bicter
deutran
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

GPZ 6000 released? - Page 4 Empty Re: GPZ 6000 released?

Post  Rwork Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:01 pm

The machine seems solid enough to me except the plastic on the coil is very thin.
I got some clear contact to put on top the coil. I was scratching it just running the scoop over it.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Yeah, that shaft hopefully is a bit tougher than it at first looks. I guess time will tell. We will see how it stands up to a couple of months out west. I think I will take a few extra skid plates too.
It did do well, I would have stayed longer but I was technically taking my 87 year old mum for a drive so I got to feeling guilty and took her to a coffee shop instead. Embarassed
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:37 pm

Well I`ve just had two days behind the 6000, tis a magic detector. On a bony patch it could not find any scraps that the X coils had left, but on a patch where there is some depth and produced 5 grams< pieces to the ZX combos it recovered too many "microscraps" too be just those pieces that are always left, it got nothing but those "microscraps" nothing bigger. Early days but it appears that when comparing with the ZX combo it gets those tiddlers at more depth but the ZX had got all the above tiddler size.
I love its low weight, its easy as settings without a menu, its loud speaker and non-proprietary BT, now on the search for a BT shoulder speaker. ML have done it again, only thing I miss at this early stage, is that it has no manual GB, not faulting its auto/tracking GB at all, tis just I have found manual GB is the final patch clean up mode for me.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

GemQ and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm

Well all that is interesting Norvic
Good to get some feedback from somebody that has used x coils to give a good comparison
From what I have seen they certainly are impressive on the small gold and also some good finds on bigger gold
Time will tell us more
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2021-01-29

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 pm

HI Norvic, it has a trigger finger button forward of the handle that I at least was using as a manual GB. I will have to go read the manual again. I thought it was a GB button.
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:15 am

Tis a quick track button to hurry the auto tracking along if you hit a sudden bit of variable ground, my understanding from use and a very brief glimpse at the user manual (who reads bloody manuals!!!!) I hoped it was like the other PIs when you could go from manual to track (or vis versa if you were set on tracking rather than manual GB) with that momentary switch, however not so.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

mn90403 likes this post

Back to top Go down

GPZ 6000 released? - Page 4 Empty speaker

Post  Hermann Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi Norvic, The Olafus is a nice wireless speaker, Model Olafus - 028K. It works very well with the GPX 6, except the delay is too much, it beeps way past the target. As for the GPX 6000 - No comment - I kept my money.

Hermann
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-05-27

AraratGold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Thu May 20, 2021 9:08 am

A few in our Bendigo club have them now. I dug a lot of small bits in the first couple of days. I didn’t use it again until last weekend. Anyone who has a 2300 with a toy pick will need to upgrade your pick as well. The pellets are often down a handspan and in rock hard ground. I think i have torn my shoulder muscle from digging so many holes.
The machine is light but a bungee with a big hook that is easily released will be on my machine when i can use it next.
I gave my 6 to a bloke for a try. He walked over to the closest hole at our camp at Hedleys Dam. First target was a point 46 on ground that many have checked. I left a small target undug and a 7000 user tried his machine. He couldn’t hear it at all which surprised me. Another 7 owner tried different settings on the same machine with the same standard coil. It still wouldn’t respond. A 5000 owner tried using a nugget finder coil and couldn’t hear it either.
I dug it out and it was another B pellet. I am using mine flat out as I haven’t experimented much with the No threshold option.
It is like a cb squelsh, you hear nothing and suddenly a sharp target sounds.
I did dig some deep targets which turned out to be .22 short casing and a .22 Acorn round. No deep gold but I hadn’t been digging deep gold with my 5000 for a long time.
I have a spare battery and the large mono on order. It looks like it will be a long time before i can use it.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bushbasher90, GemQ, mond, norvic, moredeep, stevevic and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh Sun May 23, 2021 9:25 am

Sparrowfart wrote:Yeah, that shaft hopefully is a bit tougher than it at first looks. I guess time will tell. We will see how it stands up to a couple of months out west. I think I will take a few extra skid plates too.
It did do well, I would have stayed longer but I was technically taking my 87 year old mum for a drive so I got to feeling guilty and took her to a coffee shop instead. Embarassed

Do they use the same size skidplates as the 5000 11” coils?
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Sun May 23, 2021 4:12 pm

The standard 11” skid plates from previous machines are a different size. The new plates are very light. I have spare skid plates on order for the 11 and the large mono.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4