Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 6000 released?

+19
Sparrowfart
stevevic
kiwijw
joe82
phrunt
Kon61gold
AraratGold
gef50
Sharkbait
adrian ss
GemQ
PeterInSa
moredeep
Slavitoooo
Jin
mn90403
Redfin
bicter
deutran
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GPZ 6000 released? Empty GPZ 6000 released?

Post  phrunt Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 am

I just received an email from Minelab indicating the GPZ 6000 is released? It says introducing the GPX 6000 and tells you to contact your dealer for pricing and availability

It also has a whole bunch of learning videos in it, showing how to use it.  

https://www.minelab.com/anzea/LearnGPX6000

It really is basically a Gold Monster version of the GPX. The same sort of operation.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

GPZ 6000 released? Empty Re: GPZ 6000 released?

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:09 pm

Same here phrunt, but now I'm a little more confused with the whole bunch of learning videos on showing how to use it part, for were it not meant to be basically a switch on & go detector of simplicity, doing most the ground thinking for you?
Now its starting to sound like the Artificial Intelligence built into the detector, has confused itself with all that self thinking & needs some help from the operators to get it to think straight. Shocked Laughing Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

mn90403 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:50 pm

OMG, what a w*** ! In my 20 years in the game, I've never seen Minelab trying so hard to to sell a new model !

Old mate in Africa is not even carrying a pick. I guess the nuggets must just jump out of the ground ! Rolling Eyes

No discrimination, no ability to change the threshold tone ?
If the ground is bad, their answer is to change to a DD coil ! Like I will be carrying that around in the boondocks in my backpack ! Rolling Eyes

This latest offering is not impressing me much, certainly not enough to go and drop $8K ( plus whatever the 17 inch coil costs) !

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:35 pm

What are you worried about Rick. No need to worry about the new detector at all. Is it not designed to take out all the guess work & do all the thinking for you? So what if in one section of benign dirt you see it pushing 10 inches deep on a gram of gold, whilst in the next meter of highly mineralized dirt, its pushing 2 inches deep over the same gram, for when the operator don't know what his/her detector is doing from one moment to the next, certainly can't hurt hey?  If the detector came with an inbuilt voice generator, would it not say "don't worry, be happy" Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:04 pm

I thought that was Russel Coight in the videos for a minute
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:57 pm

Q33 Q25
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:33 pm

I think if it can find small gold a bit deeper than the SDC then it will do very nicely for what we want. I have one on order for the wife so I will have to pinch it from her from time to time. Very Happy If we can get it next week we will take it to Tib and give it a real tryout. Should be fun. Very Happy
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

AnnieL, GemQ, hiluxer and rustyhooks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Sparrowfart wrote:I think if it can find small gold a bit deeper than the SDC then it will do very nicely for what we want. I have one on order for the wife so I will have to pinch it from her from time to time. Very Happy If we can get it next week we will take it to Tib and give it a real tryout. Should be fun. Very Happy

Yet that's exactly what the 8", 10", and 15"CC x-coil does for the zed, find small gold at depth that the gpz14 or SDC cant hear.

No wonder Minelab didn't want a smaller coil released. Time will tell if Geo sense makes much of a difference and finds gold that we cant, but I bet my left nut that what x-coil users already have is a sdc, 6000 and 7000 wrapped up in one machine.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

AraratGold, kiwijw, gold bug sniper, ChetB, phrunt and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:46 am

[/quote]
but I bet my left nut that what x-coil users already have is a sdc, 6000 and 7000 wrapped up in one machine. [/quote]

....... possibly true enough however the 6000 is significantly lighter than a Z which should allow longer detecting time Smile
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Well guys, I won't be getting a 6000. I just bought Mbasko's 4500 to add to my 4500 / Evo's and ZED / X coils.

The 6000 just doesn't grab me enough to justify the the extra $5K for what is only going to be a spare detector.

If I didn't already have a ZED and X coils, I probably would have bought one.

If I want to do some patch hunting with a lighter machine, the 4500 coupled to my very nice 24x12 Evo will do just nicely ! The 6000 doesn't have a big 24inch coil, does it ?

This will be the first time in 20 years that I haven't bought the new model !

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Phrunt, seems you are right on, while the marketing may seem a wee over the top to us. What the EQ did to coin hunting perhaps the 6000 will do to gold prospecting, also as the RV and camping market has shown remarkable growth since Covid, maybe gold prospecting will follow that growth helped by a capable PI that is ergonomic, light and easy to use, very clever marketing by ML.

Myself I`m going to sit out and watch for a bit and see if the hype has substance which to me like Rick will be is a first for many years. Are our Zs with Xs soon to be redundant?

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

AraratGold, kiwijw, ChetB, phrunt and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:08 pm

"Are our Z's with X's soon to be redundant" Shocked Laughing Q35 Far from it Norvic.  If Minelab now intends on producing even better detector software, for downloading on to the GPZ 7000 or upgrading to a GPZ 7500 or 8000, us X-Coil users, will once again reach new heights.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:43 am

Dunno Kon, I know one thing I will not be loading any upgrade to the Zs software before I`ve heard from others with X coils who have done so and can still use them.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

kiwijw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:55 pm

norvic wrote:Dunno Kon, I know one thing I will not be loading any upgrade to the Zs software before I`ve heard from others with X coils who have done so and can still use them.

Think you are on the money there.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:03 am

norvic wrote:Dunno Kon, I know one thing I will not be loading any upgrade to the Zs software before Ive heard from others with X coils who have done so and can still use them.
The normal process with most software upgrades is to have a rollback path to the previous version of software. Minelab have implemented this quite successfully on the Equinox.
Given that, you should be able to upgrade the software to a newer version then rollback to the previous version if you don't like the new one.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

mn90403 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:44 am

The machine sounds to be fairly ordinary but that does not mean that performance is ordinary.
A neat and tidy looking detector. No timings to fiddle with, no confusing mode changes to play with, no bungies, amplifiers, enhancers, batteries or dangling cables hanging of the machine. Just have to wait and see what an Aussie operator thinks of it aye!!
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

gold bug sniper, Greg T and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 am

bicter wrote:
norvic wrote:Dunno Kon, I know one thing I will not be loading any upgrade to the Zs software before Ive heard from others with X coils who have done so and can still use them.
The normal process with most software upgrades is to have a rollback path to the previous version of software. Minelab have implemented this quite successfully on the Equinox.
Given that, you should be able to upgrade the software to a newer version then rollback to the previous version if you don't like the new one.

True rollback has been the normal process but "normal" may not apply in this case. I have experienced the X coil advantage that has given my Z greater production I am not going to risk that with a software update that may disable that advantage until I know it works or can be rolled back with certainty. Remember ML gave NF the chip well after X coil had proven themselves to some very experienced operators in Australian and NZ Gold Fields, which suggests they did so under X coil pressure regardless that apparently NF was trialing before X coil. I consider ML have and will stop X coil threatening their "business model" by whatever means they can use, thus it would be prudent for X coil users to exercise caution before loading the next Z software Update.

Tis as I see it a contentious issue, on one side we have the most successful detector company in the world that has given us users/consumers many 1000s of ozs, ML are rightfully keen to protect their intellectual rights, on the other side we have us users who wish to have the right to aftermarket coils such as Coiltek, NF etc that produced 1000s of ozs for us with ML PIs of yesterday. I am not knocking ML, I am a long time fan/user of theirs, I`m also a long term fan/user of Coiltek, NF and now X coil. Seem Z/X users are walking down a barbed wire fence with a leg on each side. Wink

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk, kiwijw, moredeep, ChetB and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 am

adrian ss wrote:The machine sounds to be fairly ordinary but that does not mean that performance is ordinary.
A neat and tidy looking detector. No timings to fiddle with, no confusing mode changes to play with, no bungies, amplifiers, enhancers, batteries or dangling cables hanging of the machine. Just have to wait and see what an Aussie operator thinks of it aye!!

Each to their own Adrian,I for one love having a bungee,I can let my gpx dangle while I do my first few scrapes [I hate putting the detector on the ground then picking it up again, then down again up/down/up/down. Also I can get the balance perfect when I have to walk long distances, I ajust the bungee and the machine just floats perfectly on my finger tips.

As for mode changes; tweaking the machine to suit the environment is a delight for me, beats the old sd 2000 days.
And running a blue tooth set-up is fairly easy these days [no cords] I can have the speaker right under my lug hole and the volume/amp control is just a quick twiddle away from my fingers [don't have to stop and go into a menu] I also carry a back which caters for the bungee and supplies .
I can see some pro's and I can see some con's.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

kiwijw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am

norvic wrote:
bicter wrote:

True rollback has been the normal process but "normal" may not apply in this case. I have experienced the X coil advantage that has given my Z greater production I am not going to risk that with a software update that may disable that advantage until I know it works or can be rolled back with certainty. Remember ML gave NF the chip well after X coil had proven themselves to some very experienced operators in Australian and NZ Gold Fields, which suggests they did so under X coil pressure regardless that apparently NF was trialing before X coil. I consider ML have and will stop X coil threatening their "business model" by whatever means they can use, thus it would be prudent for X coil users to exercise caution before loading the next Z software Update.

Tis as I see it a contentious issue, on one side we have the most successful detector company in the world that has given us users/consumers many 1000s of ozs, ML are rightfully keen to protect their intellectual rights, on the other side we have us users who wish to have the right to aftermarket coils such as Coiltek, NF etc that produced 1000s of ozs for us with ML PIs of yesterday. I am not knocking ML, I am a long time fan/user of theirs, I`m also a long term fan/user of Coiltek, NF and now X coil. Seem Z/X users are walking down a barbed wire fence with a leg on each side. Wink

Q33  T04  Don't want to "risk" upsetting a good thing hey. T06

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

norvic and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 am

moredeep wrote:
adrian ss wrote:The machine sounds to be fairly ordinary but that does not mean that performance is ordinary.

Each to their own Adrian,I for one love having a bungee,I can let my gpx dangle while I do my first few scrapes [I hate putting the detector on the ground then picking it up again, then down again up/down/up/down. Also I can get the balance perfect when I have to walk long distances, I ajust the bungee and the machine just floats perfectly on my finger tips.

As for mode changes; tweaking the machine to suit the environment is a delight for me, beats the old sd 2000 days.
And running a blue tooth set-up is fairly easy these days [no cords] I can have the speaker right under my lug hole and the volume/amp control is just a quick twiddle away from my fingers [don't have to stop and go into a menu] I also carry a backpack which caters for the bungee and supplies .
I can see some pro's and I can see some con's.

cheers   moredeep

Have to agree with you too moredeeep. T06

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

mn90403 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:07 am

Forgot to mention that bungies are vital when detecting in billy goat country like it is here in Castlemaine.
It wouldn't matter how light the machine was it would soon turn into a lump of lead Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

kiwijw, norvic and Rockwall like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Your not wrong JW, not going to risk a good thing but if the 6000 beats the ZX Combo, I`ll have one in a flash.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:41 pm

sorry Adrian had a bit of a glitch and some how removed your comment about aching shoulders,
tend to agree,most machines are ok on the flats but when you start detecting hills that are 30/45 degrees [hills and pine plantations here ] that when I start sooking for a bungee.
Surely the 6000 has the capability of having a bungee?

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 am

Has anyone got any idea of the price ??
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:52 am

Hi Bill I've heard/seen somewhere around 8k

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Wombat wrote:Has anyone got any idea of the price ??
wombat Wink

$7,999 on my reciept.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

GemQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Can’t wait to se some tests against the 5000 and 7000 to see what this thing can do🙄

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

gold bug sniper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:00 pm

DAM! I was a dollar out Laughing Laughing Laughing
I cant wait either joe for some comparisons, it'll be very very interesting Question Question Question Question

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 am

Yeah mate for me to upgrade my 5 to a 6 I will need a lot of proof that it’s worth the money had to twist my arm to buy the 7 but I did only time will tell hey

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:43 pm

has anyone actually got one yet?
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

mn90403 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next