Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers

2 posters

Go down

Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers  Empty Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 am

I have seen on tv people arriving at airports being tested for fever like body temperatures in order to locate  possible corona virus carriers.
  The testers are using IR non contact thermometers.
These instruments can produce very inaccurate readings when used by people with insufficient training in there use.
   Watching these people testing passengers on and off aircraft showed considerable inconsistencies in the distances and angles that the thermometers were being used at and this will result in inaccurate readings of up to 2 or more degrees. Yet these people are telling people that they have a fever like temperature and should go home and self isolate. Readings also can vary depending on skin colour or whether a person is perspiring.  Also draughts from fans and air cons can cause these thermometers to produce unreliable readings as can very low or high ambient air temps.
     It is a fair bet that many people are being sent home to self isolate for 14 days when in fact they are perfectly fine.

I have several of these IR thermometers and when testing myself I can obtain a body temp reading of between 42 and 37 degrees C depending on the distance and angle  that the thermometer is held from  my forehead.
     When using an digital, contact type thermometer  I obtain consistent readings of 36.6 Deg C from arm pit readings.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4355
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers  Empty Re: Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers

Post  moredeep Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 pm

rectal is the most accurate Adrian Shocked Shocked
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers  Empty Re: Infra Red Body temperature Thermometers

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Hmmmm. Might cause some interesting delays when disembarking the Aircraft. affraid lol!
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4355
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm

With the 1.5 meter distance between people,it could be very difficult,I've yet to see a thermometer that long,accuracy could pose a problem What a Face Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep

ps sorry for losing the thread or my mind,not quite sure which one,but i'm giving my self a good giggle.
cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down