Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article

2 posters

Go down

Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article Empty Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article

Post  Detectist Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm

I want to draw APLA members' (and others who are thinking about joining) attention to the latest issue (No. 53) of Datum Post.  While there are stacks of articles in the world about bush survival this one is probably among the best IMHO.  It is written by Robert Fagan.  It is very comprehensive and easy to read and understand covering issues like the advantages of a good cooee over a whistle, and how to use your analogue watch as a compass (for those who still have such) and gives approx survival times dependent upon water, heat and whether you are stationary or moving.  And LOTS of other good stuff.  

I'm not sure about copyright so I haven't included the article here.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article Empty Re: Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article

Post  Nightjar Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello Detectist, I haven't read  Datum Post #53 as yet but would like to add to your mention of using an analogue watch as a compass.
If you know the time of day from other device you can draw an analogue watch dial on a piece of paper or scratched on the ground with 12 0'clock facing the sun.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article Empty Re: Issue 53 of the Datum Post (APLA) - Survival Article

Post  Detectist Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Thanks Nightjar

Pretty simple ... now that you mention it!! LOL

Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down