Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour

+7
goldminer997
Jin
shire of boulder
chris68
Travelergold
Jonathan Porter
Kon61gold
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Empty New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm

https://m.facebook.com/luckystrikegold/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARC4mia-9DDCKuQdbTzsXlSg3V1UQEZGesmj7XxAAvFYUh18Ii7vMLANaOdjXgMuN7UQuBeD0Nra5GHc&hc_ref=ARShXlMGIiXUQWL5MefBK2uRYWXU2Duy42eJ_-uCyp1yyk2cWQFDZ8siRd5qtBRG4Og&fref=nf&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAeotGD5-JxohNZmBcG6wi38Ez9A2Vqf-dmaS4zkMseysPUjAW5RAQH_sM0dzSQ9mj_O9OnApG_LCcoeGCEhHJLcM87eRcxRaukXoIuj6oDVE3SUAVaVbnOTtApZHMabA-2V37QFn-7rqySkaGcFpihjIyuEpfWwkIxzvr8GJfsU_N2Tdx-92EPwjQhhmlm4FyVD6aY5hlm3XHKyC6nBMZvO-JO6v8huCsgQvfopIJSd8poWEfNPdhPJ3cpSFgVmplRWN3XrY585wVemvgaeHXRiyQRDmXRj1ZxTyHis5tPbap0JEyqhcWotazkGTg5d5cqdWQHIWv4IN3wDP4WQ12sJTBfBqa5f6xibMxqS2Ljb3LqGz3Hfkmt5A

Back to top Go down

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Empty Re: New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:46 pm

These are just a rumour, Laughing the X-Coils are real right now and finding gold. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Empty Re: New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:42 am

With no disrespect to Jen, Dave or Minelab here, but let me get this straight.  4.5 years down the track, with the promise of a smaller coil to join the 14/19 inch upon its release & now Minelab has decided to chalk up a deal with one of our own Australian aftermarket coil manufacturers, towards producing aftermarket coils for the GPZ 7000, instead of Minelab themselves? V17  Q35 Hard to see that happening.  
If Minelab wanted to do such a thing, why have us waiting 4.5 years to do so?
The way I see it, is that if Minelab could have, they surely would have by now. Either that, or for whatever their reasons, it just wasn't worth spending the time/money in doing so (for they're more than capable of producing their own lineup of coils) & prefer looking elsewhere for profits.
Mind you fellow detectorists, I could be drastically wrong in saying what I'v said & Minelab, due to some unknown form of pressure  Shocked Q35 may have  managed to strike up some sort of deal, with an Australian Coil manufacturer, (for the reasons stated above) &/or looking for profits/sales from elsewhere.
Rumours remain rumours, until proven fact. Time will tell.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4558
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 am

Pure conjecture on my part, it could be now that a foreign entity with nothing to lose has set a precedent so those with lots to lose can now test the waters. Question I wonder how they’re going to go about avoiding bricking expensive GPZs like that poor guy in WA did? Suspect

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:  Question  I wonder how they’re going to go about avoiding bricking expensive GPZs like that poor guy in WA did? Suspect

JP
JP, what do you mean re the last statement? Something i missed or dont understand.
To me, if something comes along that works and works very well, then that is good for competition and for the ongoing benifit of every body. I can only see this as new technology coming quicker, and sooner or later a better gold detector with metal discrimination combined with unbelievable depth. We all want that better technology. Hoping anyway.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 am

Travelergold wrote:
Jonathan Porter wrote:  Question  I wonder how they’re going to go about avoiding bricking expensive GPZs like that poor guy in WA did? Suspect

JP
JP, what do you mean re the last statement? Something i missed or dont understand.
To me, if something comes along that works and works very well, then that is good for competition and for the ongoing benifit of every body. I can only see this as new technology coming quicker, and sooner or later a better gold detector with metal discrimination combined with unbelievable depth. We all want that better technology. Hoping anyway.

A guy blew his GPZ so it no longer works with any coil. I presume something went wrong with the dongle he made or had made but am unsure, either way his GPZ no longer works. Anyone making coils and then asking the customer to make their own dongles is potentially going to have the same problem.

Not trying to start an argument here just felt people needed to be informed of the risks.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 pm

So how are NF going to overcome this problem, are people still going to have to make there own patch lead or get it made same as now ????? or is ML going to make patch leads now as an accessory part????

Or is it still an unethical thing to do for someone to make a patch lead just because the aftermarket coils might be made in Australia?????

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Nice to hear from you again JP. I assure you JP that no Minelab GPZ 7000 user, was more than game/willing to jump at the chance of modifying their standard GPZ coils, via an adaptor plug, in order to by-pass Minelabs coil chip, just to try out/use an aftermarket coil not made by Minelab. The odd problem/issue was bound to happen, for there is little room for error.
I for one certainly didn't want to take the risk of bastardising an original good working Minelab GPZ coil, or doing damage, via a mistake in wiring configuration, in order to use a foreign aftermarket made coil on the GPZ 7000, but as you can see, 4.5 years down the track with no new coil advancements from Minelab for the GPZ, we were left hanging desperate for something new, in the hope it improved our chances at finding more of that "Golden Ointment" so to speak & as you now know, we were more than prepared to pay for it.
Sadly all this could have been avoided if Minelab listened to the prospectors wishes, or at least had worked with our local coil manufacturers, to produce a variety of coils for the GPZ 7000 if they had no plans/intentions of doing so themselves.
On another note, I do keep in touch with all that you'v said about the X & Y's on Steve's forum & do want to say with great respect, that your knowledge on the technical side of things is beyond reproach.
I can only hope, that Minelab have listened to all that's been said, in a positive way & give their consumers what they've been asking for.
A word of warning here people, I would prefer an issue like this to be discussed in an orderly fashion, without the disrespect/innuendo between members thrown in, forcing managements hand, to lock this topic up.  As fellow prospectors, we should all be working together towards resolving issues for the greater good, not creating them.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 pm

davsgold wrote:So how are NF going to overcome this problem, are people still going to have to make there own patch lead or get it made same as now ????? or is ML going to make patch leads now as an accessory part????

Or is it still an unethical thing to do for someone to make a patch lead just because the aftermarket coils might be made in Australia?????

Dave your the one who has mentioned ethics on this forum, clearly you have no problem with the subject at hand and it seems your attitude also carries to the unfortunates who Brick their detectors. Suspect I have no first hand knowledge if NF are actively working on a saleable product, but I do know they did dabble some years ago well before X coils even started. I am also unsure if the window would still be open for anyone to legally access the adapter, thanks to the proceedings surrounding the release of X coils that window for the X coils has definitely slammed closed.

Its pretty obvious the marketing of X coils is pretty rampant on this forum, I understand the frustration of GPZ owners for the lack of coil offerings especially the smaller ones, who knows this subject might see some activity in that department. As has been mentioned by a previous post I hope things remain civil, if not then I will not be posting. I do not need moderator protection, I can hold my own ground but the general feeling people seem to have is I am some sort of arm of Minelab that can be publicly and privately abused and cajoled because my opinion is contrary to people opinions in justifying the circumvention of a security device.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:58 pm

JP, I have no doubt you can hold your own regarding any technical discussion involving metal detectors, but I beg to disagree with your belief that the general feeling of most people on here, are of the belief that you are some sort of arm of Minelab, which can be publicly & privately ridiculed or abused by members on here in a disrespectful manner. The odd handful who tend to misinterpret what you are trying to say maybe, but not the majority of our members. I know being a Minelab dealer/tester, would put you in a very difficult position as to what you can say, not say or reveal, but no one has the right to wrongfully criticise another for stating down what might seem as contrary to another's opinion.    
Like I'v mentioned in the past, we management are not our brothers keeper. We do the best we can in trying to keep things running in a civil, respectful manner, the moment an issue is brought to our attention. Your contributory posts have been most helpful to many a member on here over the years. It saddens me to have you think that way, but at the same time, I can't blame you for thinking that way either.
I also want to say, that if the aftermarket coils came from Nugget Finder or Coiltek, would have been just as rampant towards the marketing/praising of them.  It is unfortunate that it was not meant to be. I, like many other X-Coil user owners, have no financial interest nor gain in marketing the new aftermarket X-Coils range, but after buying & using them, I have to give credit to where credit is due, regardless of what you'v mentioned about their overal, working performance characteristics, which are more than tolerable, for what they're capable of.  
The majority of us detectorist/prospectors on here, including myself, are but simple prospectors JP, most with little skills/knowledge on the technical nature side of things.  Most of us only care about whether an item works for the better or not, satisfied only with what we see, without trying to work out why things work the way they do. This is the true nature of most detectorist, constantly seeking to achieve greater overall performance, with the current tools at their disposal & who can blame anyone for that?

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 am

My 2 cents, for what it's worth...  Wink

Until an aftermarket coil comes out that is fully licensed and endorsed by Minelab, my Zelda will retain her 14 and 19..... as much as I love capitalism and aftermarket parts, I'm not going to experiment at the risk of my Z. I've worked in RF and know far too well how easy it is to brick something...

If I want to play with my favorite aftermarket coils, (the Evo's).... I have a 5000 and a 4500 sitting over in the corner that I'm happy to use..

Once Minelab endorses and all you beta testing brothers and sisters who's opinion I value, state you've ran with no dramas... then I'll come out from underneath the couch and try one. Very Happy

Remember kiddies, the first rule of being out in the gold fields is safety..... ours AND Zelda's... LOL  V28
Jen (a different Jen)
PS: I don't think we have "Like" buttons here like on some boards I'm on but Kon... LIKE LIKE LIKE.. very well said...

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Cat-lo11

Back to top Go down

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Empty GPZ 7000 AFTERMARKET COIL

Post  chris68 Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 am

I do know there is an aussie made aftermarket GPZ coil being tested around Bendigo with great success, also the same company has one out being tested for the SDC and its not orange, i ran into the tester last week in the bush and he has been testing it for the last 12 months and it works great a big improvement to the standard coil.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:43 am

chris68 wrote:I do know there is an aussie made aftermarket GPZ coil being tested around Bendigo with great success, also the same company has one out being tested for the SDC and its not orange, i ran into the tester last week in the bush and he has been testing it for the last 12 months and it works great a big improvement to the standard coil.

Gosh I REALLY had hoped that Rowan and Minelab would have struck a deal by now to have him fire up the stamping machines and start spitting them out. Sad

Anyone have any idea if that will ever happen? Wow, would I LOVE an Evo on my Z..whew...

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:04 am

JP, thanks for explaining.   I had not heard of damage done.  As you probably are aware, i also own a couple x coils and am very impressed with there performance. I had local tech guy make my patch lead as i felt i was not able to do myself.  
I also love my modified cars and looking at any hobbys, people always are modifying things. That is the risk people take. If they do patch leads and they get it wrong, then no different to stuff up on a motor ect.  A 7000 is an expensive stuffup.
Also, I do love your imput and enjoy reading your posts. Like you said in one of your posts, every body is entitled to there own opinions.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

New Gpz7000 Aussie made coil rumour  Empty How I see it

Post  shire of boulder Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:27 pm

when you purchase a detector from minelab the deal is that you give them the asking price and they give you the detector, when the deal is done you no longer have a say in what minelab do with the cash you handed over and minelab no longer have a say with what you do with the detector. If you want to replace the original coil with an aftermarket coil or a bunch of flowers that is totally your call,. Sure you may void your warranty or damage the machine but it certainly isn't unethical or illegal to do so.
Just my opinion.

shire of boulder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 pm

shire of boulder wrote:when you purchase a detector from minelab the deal is that you give them the asking price and they give you the detector, when the deal is done you no longer have a say in what minelab do with the cash you handed over and minelab no longer have a say with what you do with the detector.  If you want to replace the original coil with an aftermarket coil or a bunch of flowers that is totally your call,. Sure you may void your warranty or damage the machine but it certainly isn't unethical or illegal to do so.
Just my opinion.

If you're commenting on my post, I'm sorry, you're absolutely correct... I agree and apply that rule with modifications to ham radio equip all the time... my comment was just out of fear I'd screw up something I couldn't get fixed... LOL... not due to any loyalty to Minelab or belief they have license to anything I've purchased.. my apologies, I didn't explain well.. agree completely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Well, i happened to be chasing up some lower gpz shafts today that i paid for a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with the dealer and asked whether the new coil was a nuggetfinder. He said he wasn't in a position to say anything but an announcement is soon to be made. And it will be a beauty (something like that) of a coil. Depending on the size and if it doesn't compete with the 10" 14" and soon to get 20" coils ill buy one.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Please lord can it be an, elliptical?
I promise I’ll never swear again. Q10
Jen

Last edited by jjbond on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Not counting my chickens before they hatch, or placing the horse before the cart Jin, but if you're that certain in what you were told, then it would be interesting to see what comes out, when & from whom.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  goldminer997 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Australia made and nation wide warrenty from Australia dealers as for the plug may be like the sdc ?
goldminer997
goldminer997
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-08-25

http://www.coasttocoastprospectingtours.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 pm

goldminer997 wrote:Australia made and nation wide warrenty from Australia dealers as for the plug may be like the sdc ?

Not sure how the plug can be like the SDC, they are totally different and the SDC has no chip in it. Shocked

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  goldminer997 Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Should reframe maybe the same person making the sdc plug will have the wright to make the new plug just saying
goldminer997
goldminer997
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-08-25

http://www.coasttocoastprospectingtours.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 pm

That would be ashame for us x-coil users that may also like to purchase the OTHER brand coil if the plug isn't a gpx connector. Cant keep adding adapters and looking for spare parts to make things run.
The thing ill be interested to see is if this OTHER manufacturer has minelabs permission and a factory patch lead. Or is it just a case of a company scared there going to miss out on sales and are jumping on the bandwagon. Time will tell I guess.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 pm

goldminer997 wrote:Should reframe maybe the  same person making the sdc plug will have the wright to make the new plug just saying

More confusion to add to the mix, as it's Lucky Strike Gold that is saying it is NF making the Aussie aftermarket coil for the 7000, and you kinda saying it will be Coilteck, as that are the ones doing the coils for the SDC2300.

All I know is that the Russian X-Coils are here right now and work well and find plenty of gold, and anything else about other aftermarket coils is just a "Rumor" Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Jin wrote:That would be ashame for us x-coil users that may also like to purchase the OTHER brand coil if the plug isn't a gpx connector. Cant keep adding adapters and looking for spare parts to make things run.
The thing ill be interested to see is if this OTHER manufacturer has minelabs permission and a factory patch lead. Or is it just a case of a company scared there going to miss out on sales and are jumping on the bandwagon. Time will tell I guess.

Hey Jin, I wouldn't worry to much about the plug as you have to have the GPZ plug from the GPZ coil that goes to Chassis plug on the body of the GPZ7000 end of story.

If somebody is going to change the Chassis plug inside the 7000 body so as not to make a patch lead, well that is a major mod in my book Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ismael Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:05 am

davsgold wrote:
Jin wrote:That would be ashame for us x-coil users that may also like to purchase the OTHER brand coil if the plug isn't a gpx connector. Cant keep adding adapters and looking for spare parts to make things run.

Hey Jin, I wouldn't worry to much about the plug as you have to have the GPZ plug from the GPZ coil that goes to Chassis plug on the body of the GPZ7000 end of story.

If somebody is going to change the Chassis plug inside the 7000 body so as not to make a patch lead, well that is a major mod in my book Laughing

cheers dave

I did think of this when the x coils came about (relocating the chip inside) 2 issues with that, ML would not fix any problems you may have as it has been modded and the other is finding a new socket to replace the one on the GPZ. You will not find a plug the same as it was manufactured for ML and I know that for a fact. ML do not repair the coils because when manufactured the coil plug is enclosed in a mold which is almost impossible to remove so all they do is scrap the coil and supply a new one to replace.

As to the rumor about new coils I would presume it would be Coiltek as ML are share holders from what I understand and there would not be an adapter as I would imagine that if ML HAVE given someone the rights to manufacture then they would probably supply a coil lead with plug already attached. The SDA chip can not be copied because you would need the source code that ML have in the detector to read it. It can be read easily in lots of different ways BUT each way would give a different code. How do I know this you may ask? I used the exact same chips when protecting MCU code years ago and without the exact same code you would get a different answer which wouldn't correspond with the code in the MCU reading it.

On another point, and Dave can verify this also, as JP mentioned I also know of 2 detectors that blew in WA due to a wrongly wired adapter made by a person in Kalgoorlie. I personally would be very apprehensive in where you get the adapters made and whoever you get to do it I would expect that they own a 7000 and would be prepared to demonstrate that the adapter works on their detector before you use it.

I have seen the X coils and think they are very good but the adapter is the big issue. It's a problem because it voids the warranty on the detector especially if something went wrong and ML want to see the original coil as well which now of course is no longer original without the plug! You would need a good story to convince ML that you bought a new coil as the original got broken and you bought a new one...

Just my 2 bobs worth...
Ismael
Ismael
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.minelabmods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Winterwood Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Well, I'm keen as. Would love a small coil supported by Minelab released for the zed. That would allow me to detect closer to home where there is a lot of heavy scrub, and not have to buy another detector.

Had been considering the Russian option, but was hesitant due to having to re-engineer adaptor. Now reading about a couple of zeds having been zapped, I'm definitely not going down that path.

Hope rumours are true and don't have to wait long.

Winterwood
Winterwood
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:07 pm

You & every other GPZ user Winterwood. I mean who wouldn't want an original smaller GPZ Coil made by Minelab themselves? Minelab told us so, upon the GPZ's introduction, but decided not to & owe us no excuse/explanation for it. It is quite obvious now that a range of Minelab GPZ coils can be made for the 7000, but obviously it just wasn't in Minelabs interest to do so. It is also quite obvious to all/any detectorist, that no one coil, can do it all. How does Minelab then expect us GPZ users to stay loyal to them, when Minelabs thinking only of their own interests? Don't we Minelab buyer/consumers have the right to think of our own interests? Were we not prepared to pay Minelab what ever they would have asked us for?  This is why I say loyalty/respect, is a 2 way street. No one can have it all their own way, lock, stock & barrel. One must give a little, in order to take a little no? Smile

Cheers Kon.T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Winterwood Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:14 pm

I believe Minelab should provide a high level of support based cost of the zed, and this includes providing a range of coils as requested by the market (or at least provide approval for external company\companies to manufacture and supply these).  

I paid top dollar, I am not tied to support Minelab and no longer have a warranty on the zed.  But, I do still value support that Minelab may supply in the future through either upgrades or servicing.  Therefore I would much prefer the option of greater coil selection through something that is Minelab endorsed, and risk of frying the machine should be significantly less.

Fingers crossed  bounce
Winterwood
Winterwood
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:56 am

Q33 So does everybody else who has invested in buying one of Minelabs products, values Minelabs after sales support in their products. So what exactly is the problem by not listening to the demands of the consumer? Surely it isn't because Minelab/now Codan, can't make a range of coils to suit the GPZ 7000, for they are more than capable of doing so? Having a monopoly on patent rights, might be good for putting the brakes on competition (for there's no brakes on counter-fitting), but in doing so one also stops progression of either bringing out the worst or best in any good/service. The moment a company takes the path of nothing but profit, goodbye quality/innovation, hello cheap mas-production.
The Supply & Demand scale of economics is what governs our daily lives. Supply the demand & the profits are sure to follow.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next