Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harness for GPZ7000 &19" Coil.

5 posters

Go down

Harness for GPZ7000 &19" Coil. Empty Harness for GPZ7000 &19" Coil.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Folks,
We are slowly heading into the cooler months and with that ones thoughts turn to getting out to our favourite locations with our detector/s of choice. This season will be the first real chance some of us to put the new GPZ7000 19" coil through its paces and probably like many others look forward to seeing how well it performs. OK we are all aware of the weight issue with the coil; how to effectively manage that weight for the most part, comes down to how your harness is configured and modifications that have been added or something new alltogether.
http://prospectorspick.com.au/
In the above link the guys at Prospectorspick have come up with a totally new concept/design for a 7000 harness, it first appeared here on the forum lateish last year. Have any members here had any full on field experience with this harness to date? it would be great to hear from them as to their thoughts on how the harness performed, I'm sure like myself, there would be others interested here as well.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Harness for GPZ7000 &19" Coil. Empty Re: Harness for GPZ7000 &19" Coil.

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 pm

I've obviously missed the link??
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:14 pm

I think this is the actual link. Very Happy

http://prospectorspick.com.au/the-prospector-harness/

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks Dave. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the direct link, it's in the Latest News section in the link I put up; the harness looks interesting, I was keen to hear from anyone who had used one in the field.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:07 am

I have. I'm fortunate in that I am built like the proverbial brick outhouse and so when using the 7ooo..or any detector for that matter...a standard backpack is all I need. I have never found any of the Minelab harness' comfy (not since the SD backpack harness') and have tried or made just about every combination you can think of. The prospectors Pick harness is expensive....but they are 100% made in Oz...hence the expense. They handle the weight of a 7 with ease and absolutely laugh at the 7 with a 19" coil on. Have a look at their facebook page with photo's on it. Denise who runs things down there is photographed with a 7/19"coil combo. She is a slight girl and she is handling that coil with ease. I would add to that by saying that the only way to REALLY work out if a harness is any good is time on the ground. I have used the harness with the 7 for full day's work and had no problems with it....it's comfy as. In being fair....you won't know if it's right for YOUR body untill you give it a go. I am sure that there will be someone that can't use it and maybe your it??? Getting a harness that works for you is one of the most basic yet most important parts of detecting. It's often one thing that is easily overlooked. I don't have any financial incentives in promoting the product...I just like simple things that work. If your in Leonora, I can loan you mine for a couple of day's to see if you like it or not.
Hope that helps.

Tony Pilkington
goldtalkleonora
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:54 am

Hi use the harness that come with the 7000 a hip stick with a heavy duty bungy and don't have any problem, I forgot to say that I am 70 years old and build just normal.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:43 pm

G'Day Goldtalkleonora,
Many thanks for your comments, to date I have only had four or five days swinging the 7000 with the big coil; detecting conditions through that period were difficult at best with any detector, long grass and damed hot and not to mention the flies. Of late I've been trying to come up with a better harness configuration than the standard ML harness and was just wondering what people thought of the above harness, sounds like it could be OK, like you mentioned it would be great if one could try the harness if someone near by had one. Thanks too for the offer to try your's, I'm on the east coast of Aust, a bit far from Leonora in the west.
Hi Goldquest, I'm about your vintage/build and also run the 7000 and big coil with the hipstick, it sort of works OK but has a few issues that I'm trying to improve on before the season gets under way. We tend to go pretty hard when out on the goldfields; it's fairly common practice to put in a full day's detecting and then a few hours after dinner, night detecting, as you might imagin any naging harness issues minor in the short time tend to be compounded during long sessions.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi there !
Has anyone got any more info on using THE PROSPECTORS PICK harness ?
Anyone with a sample/info be at the Laanecoorie Bash this weekend ?
Cheers Phil
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down