New to prospecting

Go down

New to prospecting Empty New to prospecting

Post  Jazz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi all
Just purchased a new Minelab gpx4500 also got a 12x8 evolution nugget finder coil have been out couple of times found couple of bullets which is good sign they say thing is I’ll pick a place like Whipstick go in get set up yep sweet as start detecting look up ohh looks good over there walk over detect again for couple min look up that’s the spot lolll before u know it it’s time to go home then I did the training with miners den and thought everything I was doing was wrong it is what it is maybe it was redbull but all good I enjoy prospecting will be going back every weekend but would like to thank you all for sharing all your knowledge thanks

Jazz
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-14

Back to top Go down

New to prospecting Empty Re: New to prospecting

Post  moredeep on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Welcome to the forum jazz,good luck with it all,the whipstick can be a frustrating place lots of hot rocks/iron stone, can drive one a bit silly.
you'll get to know the different sounds out there.
looking forward to seeing your first bit of gold.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 am

Thanks moredeep

Jazz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 am

Well You have a good detector. so use it properly.
Low and slow is the key to finding gold with any detector, even more so with a PI.
Don't ricochet around like a bullet bouncing of the rocks, search systematically in areas where the gold was close to the surface. Do the mullock heaps and areas just on the outer edges of the diggings. Gold does not leap out of the ground and scream at you so listen for the quiet mellow signals and don't think all strong signals are lumps of rubbish that have been left behind by other detectorists....Big mistake, huge!. Be patient, and persevere. Gold is pricey because it is desirable, there is not much of it and it is difficult to find.

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 am

Adrian, you gave the best info for everybody, low and slow cannot be stressed enough. And getting in tune with your machine and hearing those very faint targets. Dig everything. These things cannot be said enought times. Perseverance will pay.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazz on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks Adrian and travelrgold for your reply I will definitely use your guide this Thursday I’ll be going out again thanks guys

Jazz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum