Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !!

3 posters

Go down

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !! Empty Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !!

Post  the hill folk Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Today I bought a little booster. A Lucky Knucle Bounty Booster ...

Now while fiddling with the detector I learnt the following.

Booster on and threshold knob turned down to about 10 oclock....

Detector in factory presets apart from the Volume limit right down to 3 or 4.

So I started testing (air test) using a piece of shot and a 0.7 flat bit of a nugget on the Commander DD in Cancel.

While not concerned with the actual measurements I observed the following.

1/ Maximum distance was gained for the shot in Search Mode - General - Timings - Special Fine Gold (hardly registered in setting below)

2/ Maximum distance was gained for the gold in Search Mode - Deep and Timings - Normal. ( I am talking an extra 2-3cm)

This may sound silly but if these tests are reproduced in the field with the mono then it would make sense to me to go over a patch in both settings.

Your thoughts???

Dave

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Back to top Go down

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !! Empty more info

Post  the hill folk Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Just if your curious the little 0.7 g bit of gold registered 15 cm from the top of the plate which i didnt think was bad considering it was a dd in cancel. On the setting as described for 2/ above.

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !! Empty So a question

Post  the hill folk Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Based on the above info ....Search Mode in General and Timing in Fine Gold picks up little bits better than Search Mode in Deep and Normal Timings (which picks up larger stuff better. Its sorta like switching coil sizes.

Different frequencies??? Any explanations???

Dave

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !! Empty Re: Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !!

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi Dave,
All I can add is, a booster only enhances signals on targets your machine has already found. A booster does not add depth to your targets.
Try experimenting with booster off, then turned on you will find the faint signals will jump out at you .

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !! Empty Re: Had to share this for new people and perhaps some not so new !!

Post  moredeep Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Spot on Nightjar,I run 99% of the time in boost, I've experimented and have found signals do "pop" better in boost.
you do have to put up with a bit more squawk and spikes.
Running over leaf litter[BECAUSE YOUR COIL IS RAISED AND INCH OR TWO] you tend to catch that little PIP that you wouldn't get in quiet for example.
Hot rocks pose a problem in boost but you do learn to recognise them after a while.
I run a ismael jones cordless set up and run the volume to the speaker rather high,it works for me.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  the hill folk Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks all!!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down