Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgetown

+2
kevlorraine2
rockhunter62
6 posters

Go down

Georgetown Empty Georgetown

Post  Newhunter Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi all, I will be going through Georgetown early in Oct and wondering which place to go for 3 days on my way through to Cairns. Flat Creek Station or Western Creek Station. Has anyone been to these properties in the last 3 months. Thanks Gary.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Georgetown Empty Re: Georgetown

Post  rockhunter62 Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi Gary,

Fully recommend Western Creek. Jeff and Shirley are great people. There is more land to detect on at WC and we have found gold all but one trip there.

Give them a call as there is going to be a wedding sometime in Oct or Nov, just can't remember when. They were going to make the camp ground private for a short period. The station number is 07 4062 5591.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Newhunter Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks Doug i will give them a ring before i leave Kununurra.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:05 pm

gday newhunter ... yes, what doug (rockhunter 62) says is spot on. they have a wedding coming up.

gday doug, hope alls well mate. my son and i made it all the way to cape york, but my trailer fell to bits on the way back, broken main spring and all electricals buggered, had to ditch it on the side of road--- (goat track that is)--- corrogation was shocking to extreme.

that 20gram specimen i found at westerncreek turned out to be a unique piece for me, it is four to eight gramms of gold wedged amongst quartz crystals.
never seen any gold on quartz crystals before. and dave took me creviceing on the last day, we scored about one and half gramms from one crack in the rocks near the camp area. i enjoyed that tremendiously and will be doing more gold finding that way as i get older and dont want to lug a heavy machine around ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:49 am

yep pulled some wicked gold from there over the years well worth a look

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Newhunter Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks for your replies. looks like its western creek station for me on the way through.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:20 pm

A property, Dell’s Hole, is also available. Owner, Kevin, is Shirley’s (of Western Creek) brother. Dell’s Hole is near Forsayth.  Their other brother, Noel, has a property Long Gully Gold where you can detect also. Of them all, Western Creek & Dells Hole are the pick. An 11 oz was found at Dells Hole recently.

Check out posts under Qld Goldfields on this forum.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 pm

We recently spent a week at Dells Hole and I can tell you, Kevin is a pretty top sort of bloke in more ways than one!.
Great area for prospecting, nothing like the WA ground we are used to so one very small nug. was all we managed to unearth.
Our best find was a close encounter with his genuine Texas Longhorn bullock. Great original colouring and what a spread of horns.
Have the place on our next year visiting list, but with a different detecting philosophy.

Went to Western Creek couple of years ago. From what we saw a week was enough, would not bother again.
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Newhunter Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:07 pm

I'm sure it will be different to WA detecting, going to new areas is a bit daunting but it should be fun. If i find some gold or not the experience will be priceless.
Thanks Gary.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down