Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgetown QLD

3 posters

Go down

Georgetown QLD Empty Georgetown QLD

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 pm

From scruff To Jefgold, Today at 20:08

hi all this is my first time on a forum,i have just brought a 3500 a bit of gear with it two bat,5 coils head phones ect. retired and live in the mackay area, my first trip was to the george town aera no luck, was,t expecting to much.will go back there so much to see ,now thats out of the road is there any maps of the georgetown aera that you can buy,and can you go onto stations in the area (with permission of course ) any help would be great.

thanks scruff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Georgetown QLD Empty Georgetown

Post  rc62burke Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Jeff
Have a look at this link,https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/qld-goldfields-f20/ravenswood-charters-towers-t2016.htm, Gold & Ghost's has a lot of info
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Georgetown QLD Empty Re: Georgetown QLD

Post  gollstar Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 pm

When my uncle was living in Georgetown he found a good patch with a 3500, i wonder if i could find it on google earth, i was going to go there some time to visit relos mmmmm
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Georgetown QLD Empty Re: Georgetown QLD

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi Jeff, Got some info. to pass on to Scruff. One of the very few properties that allow detectorists in that area
is Flat Creek Station - 45ks south of Georgetown.
He can phone 07 40625304 & leave message, or e-mail enquiries@flatcreekstation.com
Most properties up that way do not let anyone on, due unfortunatly to the usual minority of idiots who have spoilt it for the majority. Anyway, i hope this helps.
Osama.

Back to top Go down